• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mascot

That Moses air shot, four yards out, with the goal gaping, in the last minute of extra time...

That is etched onto the back of my eyeballs now.

Feorax

The baffling thing is, neither of them have really played badly at all, Skrtel has had some individual errors but generally the pair have been solid as CBs. Indeed, only Kolo has really been poor at CB. Yet somehow the goals just keep coming

If you look at those goals, I'll bet theres a fair few where they've been abandoned by the fullbacks and left isolated on the break.

The baffling thing is, neither of them have really played badly at all, Skrtel has had some individual errors but generally the pair have been solid as CBs. Indeed, only Kolo has really been poor at CB. Yet somehow the goals just keep coming

There's something systematically wrong with our defense and DM. We're conceding 2+ every game, no matter how well they play individually

Marc

Rodgers has given up the title.

Football is dead. :(

Such a shame, can't see them getting close next season. Suarez will leave.

tri_willy

gotta spare a thought for suarez, guy's had his best season for liverpool, carrying us for the majority of the season and to fall short leaves a heavy feeling...

can criticise all we want, but one more to go, we'd fucking better win against newcastle or shit's gonna get fucked in the off season

GQman2121

Banned
HOW!?

Bm5rmXyIEAAa2bY.png

Clegg

Best thing about this result is that you just know Mourinho has headbutted a wall at least 10 times since the final whistle.

3Sixty

Grenada get a player sent off. Sociedad in control.

Until some dickhead decides to get himself sent off.

Betting gods. Why.

There's something systematically wrong with our defense and DM. We're conceding 2+ every game, no matter how well they play individually

some LFC fans will hate me saying this, we need a entire new back line, including agger and skrtel. The flailing about and scrambling has been an issue for years with our defence as a whole and now i think its ingrained into them.

flyover

More than anything, what really killed Liverpool's season (assuming City don't choke) is Henderson getting that stupid red card. If he hadn't done so, I think they'd have at least drawn against Chelsea and won this one.

subtles

I had the Pulis laugh on loop for the last few minutes. A disappointing end to what was, and is, a fantastic season.

Onwards and upwards.

sohois

More than anything, what really killed Liverpool's season is Henderson getting that stupid red card. If he hadn't done so, I think they'd have at least drawn against Chelsea and won this one.

I think a lot of people would agree with you, but it's a bit much to suggest one player would make such a difference

tri_willy

More than anything, what really killed Liverpool's season (assuming City don't choke) is Henderson getting that stupid red card. If he hadn't done so, I think they'd have at least drawn against Chelsea and won this one.

as fucked as that tackle was, it was fucking moses who gave the ball away in such a fucking retarded manner that it caused all sorts of panic.

Nope. City need to lose against one of them or draw against both of them and we win against Newcastle.

Surely losing against both would work as well?

EDIT:

Liverpool - Win against Newcastle = 84 points
City - Lose against both teams = 80 points, draw against both teams = 82 points

EDIT 2: City could also win against one team and lose against another, giving them 83 points.

wedward

Best thing about this result is that you just know Mourinho has headbutted a wall at least 10 times since the final whistle.

Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool have made it too easy for City.

Fergie's greatest quality is that he isn't a bottler.

Splatt

I can't believe Liverpool have already given up the title. You'd never see Bayern give up at this point. You still have a chance, City can still fuck up, there's always Demichelis and Hart.

What chance you mango

City is going to walk over Villa and Ham like they don't even exist

EmiPrime

I switched off the match at 3-0 to watch Game of Thrones thinking it was all over...

What the hell happened there? I can't wait for MOTD now.

Commiserations to the 'pool fans on here.

danwarb

Brendan should apologize for that embarrassing game management. 3-0 up and cruising, but still playing like we're 2-0 down. Players blowing. No direction from the Rogers.

We just need a few good centre-backs, a top class keeper and to replace a very terrible Glen Johnson.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom