• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

I can't believe Liverpool have already given up the title. You'd never see Bayern give up at this point. You still have a chance, City can still fuck up, there's always Demichelis and Hart.

Player of the month and the player who won the game at Everton with 2 unreal saves.

No chance City mess up now. No chance.

Zabojnik

WHAT. THE. FUCK. I go to play BF4 for 30min and this ... Liverpool. :(((

Am I the only one who isn't keen on Black Canary in Arrow? When she talks she looks like she's trying to hold in a dribble every 5 seconds. Fighting-wise and plot-wise, sure I can take it. It's just the actress that's a bit odd. :lol

She also has a second vagina on her chin. Not sure if that's your thing.

Christ.

Such a shame, but Liverpool's defensive woes finally caught up to them. I have to have sympathy for Suarez, he's been awarded player of the year for an incredible attacking role. Unfortunately the defensive side haven't been up to nick, but he did all he could and did it so well. You can see why it is heart breaking.

I don't expect United fans to take the same perspective.

terrisus

An amazing season, a great leap forward, many positives, and an excellent outlook for the future.

I type through tears

elseanio

Brendan should apologize for that embarrassing game management. 3-0 up and cruising, but still playing like we're 2-0 down. Players blowing. No direction from the Rogers.

We just need a few good centre-backs, a top class keeper and to replace a very terrible Glen Johnson.

Was very poor from Brendon. Hopefully he will learn from this and the Chelsea game. Add to that the games against Norwich, City, West Ham and Sunderland in the recent run in, we almost fuck those up as well

Surely losing against both would work as well?

EDIT:

Liverpool - Win against Newcastle = 84 points
City - Lose against both teams = 80 points, draw against both teams = 82 points

EDIT 2: City could also win against one team and lose against another, giving them 83 points.

Of course losing against both would be better but I just don't see it happening especially against Aston Villa at home.

Was very poor from Brendon. Hopefully he will learn from this and the Chelsea game. Add to that the games against Norwich, City, West Ham and Sunderland in the recent run in, we almost fuck those up as well

I was surprised he took off Sterling and Sturridge. The minute he took them off 2 goals were scored.

EmiPrime

Liverpool didn't have a chance before this match but I think it's the manner in which they bottled it that will hurt the most. The Gerrard slip and losing a 3 goal lead is comical, they will never live this down.

Huh? Last time I checked Pool were up by 3.

Oh dear if my dad watched it he must be sick right now.

Pool and Bayern letting him down...

Lakitu

st5fu
Haven't slept for 48 hours, head and body is killing me, now added with the woes of our match tonight.

Moments where I'm starting to fall asleep but my mind is telling me that I'm having a conversation and I immediately start responding.

Fergie

Banned
I can't believe Liverpool have already given up the title. You'd never see Bayern give up at this point. You still have a chance, City can still fuck up, there's always Demichelis and Hart.
Michelle has been solid last few games. Same with Hart.

I expect a Kompany error more.

caramac

In hindsight Henderson's red card has lost us the league because Lucas has unbalanced us so badly. No legs in midfield, no protection for the back four.

Sickening way to finish, Gerrard's slip against Chelsea then that choking performance tonight.

Must learn next season, our terrible terrible defensive organisation has cost us all season despite our brilliance in attack.

Marc

Carra kept crowning Liverpool champions for weeks, little slips of the tongue and betting everything on them winning.

He didn't help his team with pressure, not that it is down to him but can't help.

I do wonder if he was still playing, would he have organised things better? The odd own goal as usual, yeah, but I don't think they would have conceded as many.

TrueBlue

I think Liverpool will struggle a bit next season if they don't shore things up at the back, Can't be dependent on Sturridge and Suarez having the same blistering season they've had next time around.

Mascot

Need a blanket case of shit-through-the-eye-of-a-needle dysentery to hit the City camp on Wednesday morning, closely followed by a breakout of trench foot.

Meier

GAF hasn't been working for me since lunch. Wooden just sent me a link that fixed it.. I can't wait to go back and read the last number of pages.

Gothos

Liverpool didn't have a chance before this match but I think it's the manner in which they bottled it that will hurt the most. The Gerrard slip and losing a 3 goal lead is comical, they will never live this down.

It's almost like all forces of cosmos conspired against us :) Incredible. Anyway, I just feel bad for Gerrard who's been waiting all those years for the championship and then he makes such a trivial mistake, and for Suarez who's having an absolute MONSTER of a season and it may all go for nothing. Just crazy. I can't imagine how they feel.

Lakitu

st5fu
Afield atmosphere will be bizarre on Saturday

Pride, promise, frustration and, after tonight, anger

Should be pride foremost, yes, we fucked up and we have no one to blame but ourselves but we've had a fantastic season regardless.

If anything, these last few games have shown us something. To me it's shown us that we need someone like Henderson in the middle of the field, Lucas isn't that person and Johnson needs to be relegated to second choice right back next season.

Yen

So yeah, a bit demoralised. What's keeping me sane is how good a season we've had (I think I predicted 5th) and the fact that throwing away our title hopes is definitely not the worst feeling a Liverpool fan has had, in my time of supporting the club anyway. Anyway, onwards and upwards.
To clarify, I mean it's a weird experience to feel that we've thrown away the league. But still, we've a young squad, in my opinion the best manager in the league, and we will improve. Though I feel tonight, the team has let Brendan down

Dre

I think it's time to get those old `09 Liverlol gifs out again.

cux5QaM.gif

Carbonox

New Game of Thrones episode was dull. Or maybe I'm spoiled by the Arrow marathon I'm on. :lol

BACK TO ARROW YE CUNTS EPISODE 10 BABY

I know you don't. I don't know if City will slip up, but giving up now is just wrong.

Did you think you could get to the CL final when Madrid were 2-0 up at the Allianz

Not bringing that up to be a cunt, that's a similarly unlikely scenario to the one that sees City lose one of these games

We fucked it against Chelsea, and we fucked the corpse tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom