• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Mourinho essentially plays like Stoke, but has the money and players to do it at a world class level...

Stoke play good football now matey, you are thinking of West Ham.

Sturridge actually fit or been pushed onto the bench? Liverpool have lacked movement up front with him missing, opens spaces for Sterling and the likes.

LTWheels

Pulis would be a fucking cunt to come to Anfield where you've been blowing teams away and not focus on containing you and stopping your momentum. Mourinho is doing the same.

Just accept you're getting tactically outthought, and hope that Brendan can do something about it. Because that's what's happening at the moment. Even discounting the Gerrard slip, Chelsea are looking the better of the two because they're executing their gameplan well.

And regardless of whether you think it's boring or negative, it was the right one and it's fucking working.

All I'm pointing out is that there is nothing genius about what Mourinho's doing. He just has the players to pull it off.

c'mon Chelsea hold them off for another 45

thb_eaac8df36affe34b0734380f14694311.jpg

Chelsea's B team could easily get top 4

The loan team is decent.

----------------Courtois-----------------

Wallace-Zouma- Omerou-Bertrand

-----------Romeu-Chalobah------------

-----T. Hazard - Piazon - Atsu-------

------------------Lukaku ------------------

Victor Moses and Marko Marin on the bench.

I'm feeling sick at the moment. But at least I'm not trying to defend a more expensive team parking the bus.

lol

No need to defend it, the current score speaks for itself.

bud

so moyes get no credit for setting his team up defensively and reducing bayern to tippy tappy BUT mourinho gets all the praise when he does it hahaha ^^ typical mourinho fanboy

mourinho's the standard by which all other managers must be judged.

he's the sun, the moon, and the earth.
he's the clouds, the winds, and the rain.
he's the length, the vascularity, and the girth.
he's a big guy, for you, like bane.

Wilbur

Banned
so moyes get no credit for setting his team up defensively and reducing bayern to tippy tappy BUT mourinho gets all the praise when he does it hahaha ^^ typical mourinho fanboy

I'm not saying Moyes doesn't get any praise, you're reading shit where there is none because your reading (and thought) comprehension seems to be on the level of a comatose walrus.

Moyes knew going into the game that Bayern were happy to knock it around in front of the defence for the entirety, so he set up his team to counter that. Good stuff.

Mou knew going into this game Liverpool have all the momentum at home in the first half, and looked to negate that. Good stuff.

You're clearly just one of those stupid fucking football purists who think that attacking is the be all and end all of the game, and to be honest I'm done with you because you're boring the living fuck out of me more than Mou could ever achieve.

Wilbur

Banned
It's okay to play like that, it's even okay to defend it à la "I don't give a shit if we play like shit as long as we win", I just find it weird people pretend it's not boring and dreadful.

I'm so glad we don't play like that.

Because I genuinely find your style of slowing down play and just passing it around just as dreadful, so the media schism between one being fucking beautiful - because it relies on possession - and one being horrifically boring - because it relies on tactical shape and defending - confuses me.

jayj306

Banned
Gerrard's legs must really have gone if Rodgers isn't trusting him to play forward in place of Lucas. Lucas has all the moment and attacking nous of a corpse in attack.

Blackhead

Redarse

?Moyes didn't win though! If Mourinho wins away at both Man City and Liverpool this season, it'll be a huge accomplisment

Wilbur

Banned
Please, do you even watch Bundesliga?

I watch Bayern a lot, and I find them boring as fuck. I don't really care if people like them, but the fact that being are so quick to deify your style of play and demonise Chelsea's is just stupid considering they're both as slow and in some ways negative as each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom