• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Coutinho has been getting a lot of shit, but Suarez and Sterling have been fucking abysmal. Pumping aimless balls into the air to no-one and nit even trying to beat a man (Suarez in particular).

Really need to sort their shit out in the second half.

PowderedToast

There goes the title I think

Not played well at all, Suarez pissing about, nowhere near enough invention and bodies to get through this defense.

Was a matter of time til we got punished for Gerrard always trying to make that first touch get the ball onto his right foot, far away enough to take it like a set piece.

Fuck.
have some faith mate

Marc

How many proper bals up fuck ups has Gerrard had in his career?

Henry pass for arsenal.

Henry pass for France.

Drogba pass for Chelsea?

Own goal for Chelsea when he was rumoured to move in a cup final.

This slip in the most important game of the season...

He loves it. :D

Can't believe Liverpool are throwing away the title.

mourinho's a massive cunt, and his teams aren't exactly aesthetically pleasing, but you can't deny that he's a master tactician.

does it really require a amazing mind to put 10 men in your own half? even i could do that. never seen a manager get so much undeserved praise ever

kmax

Chelsea's defensive play is briliant. I hate it with a passion but god damn it does Mourinho know how to take dominant teams out of their comfort zone. Chelsea's playing Liverpool like a fiddle.

Pool needs to come out flying in the second half. They are way too sloppy in the last third, and that's not going to work against Chelsea's low defensive line. I expect more from them than that. They've squandered tons of chances already. Wake up, you're losing.

dsdsadsdsi4j8b.gif

gggerrardjlke5.gif

How many proper bals up fuck ups has Gerrard had in his career?

Henry pass for arsenal.

Henry pass for France.

Drogba pass for Chelsea?

Own goal for Chelsea when he was rumoured to move in a cup final.

This slip in the most important game of the season...

He loves it. :D

Can't believe Liverpool are throwing away the title.

That Drogba pass was well done, not a fuckup.

Poulsen our lord and saviour coming on.

I really hope we invest in some good players next season. Zivkovic is a good start. But we need some proper wingers too. And Van Ginkel pls

Kalas really like like a young Poulsen.

GQman2121

Banned
That was the only way we were going to score. The only way. It had to be Stevie.

Salah needs to come off for Willian now. Like right now. Can't risk a second yellow....

Having another shit now. :S

And so sloppy and slow.

Since the Salzburg game Ajax has been rubbish. I think going out in the CL just crushed them.

Thinking they are too good for anything but that and playing half steam.
It was never a secret that we didn't give a shit about EL, and in the Eredivisie we won almost everything despite playing like shit, so there was no motivation from anyone to play any better than shit.

Wilbur

Banned
So as it stands

L - 36, 80
C - 36, 78
M - 34, 74

Palace and Everton get draws, City on 76 after 36 games.

Liverpool then lose at Palace

and Chelsea win their last two games

please

please

god

please

Danchi

Hmm. It would be more interesting to see Liverpool lose this and it go down to the wire. That said, I wouldn't have full confidence in this City team winning their last four games anyway.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
who wins the league if liverpool and man city end with the same amount of points? i think both of them would have to drop some for chelsea to win even if they beat liverpool.

Wilbur

Banned
does it really require a amazing mind to put 10 men in your own half? even i could do that. never seen a manager get so much undeserved praise ever

He sets his team up in a very impressive defensive shape, has played it perfectly in taking the pace out of the game, has managed the occasion brilliantly, and is winning. Good job for me.

Linius

It was never a secret that we didn't give a shit about EL, and in the Eredivisie we won almost everything despite playing like shit, so there was no motivation from anyone to play any better than shit.

They just really need to step up next season. And think of something to not get crushed if a team plays high pressure on us. Why can't we play like that first half against Barca every week. High pressure, quick passes, good attacking play. The energy was good.

bjaelke

Chelsea standing too deep. Hard to break them down. Can't see that changing in the second half - especially given the result. Need some new ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom