• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Mourinho essentially plays like Stoke, but has the money and players to do it at a world class level...

Not playing anything like Stoke, fucking hell. This isn't hoofball. This is a calculated, tactically adept performance that is aimed at taking the pace and momentum out of Liverpool's game.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
OptaJoe ‏@OptaJoe 4m
2 - Liverpool have won only two of their last 30 Premier League games when they've been trailing at HT (W2 D7 L21). Slip.

He sets his team up in a very impressive defensive shape, has played it perfectly in taking the pace out of the game, has managed the occasion brilliantly, and is winning. Good job for me.

any manager worth a damn can instruct their team to put 10 behind the ball, even moyes done it against bayern and got 1-1, doesnt make him the best manager ever. he does the same shit every time and its so damn boring.

Time to park the bus, truck, plane and Ross Turnbulls fat arse in front of that goal. Lets do it. I just hope when the fuckup in the defense happens, it won't be Kalas.

Wilbur

Banned
any manager worth a damn can instruct their team to put 10 behind the ball, even moyes done it against bayern and got 1-1, doesnt make him the best manager ever. he does the same shit every time and its so damn boring.

Moyes got a draw because Bayern were focused on tapping the ball around in an effort to be even more boring than any well conceived defensive performance ever could be

Pep really ruined football.

LTWheels

Not playing anything like Stoke, fucking hell. This isn't hoofball. This is a calculated, tactically adept performance that is aimed at taking the pace and momentum out of Liverpool's game.

And that's Pullis would do if he had Mourinho's players and money

They just really need to step up next season. And think of something to not get crushed if a team plays high pressure on us. Why can't we play like that first half against Barca every week. High pressure, quick passes, good attacking play. The energy was good.
De Boer needs to back off his Barca boner too. We need a plan B for when shit doesn't work, and we need a new plan for how to use strikers. It's not a coincidence not one striker has been able to do well in De Boer's system. I hope the entire Eredivisie steps it up so we have a reason to step up as well, we shouldn't have been champions with this kind of play.

Moyes could do it because your style of play was fucking anaemic

Jesus Christ, the tears when someone decides to defend well is fucking stunning.

haha and chelsea style embodies the spirit and style of true/entertaining football does it? haha mourinho has no style, its complete garbage

Even if Sturridge has a broken leg, tell him to stand on the penalty spot. Nothing is happening inside the box for us. Not sure who for though.

Of all the fucking times for him to slip. Fuck me.

Tc91

Time to park the bus, truck, plane and Ross Turnbulls fat arse in front of that goal. Lets do it. I just hope when the fuckup in the defense happens, it won't be Kalas.

Kalas has been brilliant, even better if he scored that header. The block from Ivanovic was :lols

Matic been superb too love the way he goes and wins the ball. Something United severely lack.

does it really require a amazing mind to put 10 men in your own half? even i could do that. never seen a manager get so much undeserved praise ever
Because it starts and ends there. He just says, "Right team, 10 men behind the ball. Let's do this!" Don't be a berk. It takes organisation and discipline.

Sure if it's that easy do your badges and earn a few medals.

Wilbur

Banned
And that's Pullis would do if he had Mourinho's players and money

Pulis would be a fucking cunt to come to Anfield where you've been blowing teams away and not focus on containing you and stopping your momentum. Mourinho is doing the same.

Just accept you're getting tactically outthought, and hope that Brendan can do something about it. Because that's what's happening at the moment. Even discounting the Gerrard slip, Chelsea are looking the better of the two because they're executing their gameplan well.

And regardless of whether you think it's boring or negative, it was the right one and it's fucking working.

kmax

They came for the point, they currently have 3.

They won't be parking busses. They'll be parking trucks.

Moyes got a draw because Bayern were focused on tapping the ball around in an effort to be even more boring than any well conceived defensive performance ever could be

Pep really ruined football.

so moyes get no credit for setting his team up defensively and reducing bayern to tippy tappy BUT mourinho gets all the praise when he does it hahaha ^^ typical mourinho fanboy

Meier

I'm too afraid to even watch it. My buddy's text (Chelsea fan) woke me up just before my alarm was set to go off. He's at Disney following via phone.

Wilbur

Banned
Hahahahahahamburg!

I hope we'll crush Madrid, just for the tears of all the "Bayern is shit"/"Pep killed football" guys.

And I hope Madrid crush you, just for the tears of all the "Tiki taka deserves better/defending killed football" guys.

haha and chelsea style embodies the spirit and style of true/entertaining football does it? haha mourinho has no style, its complete garbage

True football is about winning. So... yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom