• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Gayle still looks like the abominable snowman's inbred love child

Bolasie is the real deal. It's just like watching Nani

OMG

Vermaelen

from 0:22 onwards

He actually looks like a reanimated corpse

Someone .webm it

pls

Fucking ventriloquist dummy. Dead eyes. No facial muscles being used aside from the ones directly responsible for the opening and closing on the mouth. Voice sounds like it's coming from someone trying to speak with their mouth closed.

Feorax

Realistically, what would be your ideal summer? Say if we had about £80m + whatever we make from sales.

Out: Kelly, Agger, Toure, Aspas, Alberto, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Assaidi (Moses and Cissokho returned).

In: Konoplyanka, Lallana, R. Rodriguez, Martinez, Richards (Wisdom, Suso, Borini, Ilori, Robinson back in the squad, though Robinson is a push because Flanagan is a lot better right now).

Still a bit shellshocked at Palaces comeback yesterday.

What did we do?
How did we do it?
Was it really neccessary?

Dat atmosphere. Dat Bolasie. When you thought the season was more or less over for us.

Your lot were stunning mate. Deserved every bit of that point. Congrats.

Gayle still looks like the abominable snowman's inbred love child

Bolasie is the real deal. It's just like watching Nani

After spending some time now in the football gaf threads, I'm not so sure if that's a good thing or not. :p

Thanks. :)

Have mixed feelings about it though. My brother is a Liverpool supporter, two good friends are also, and I really wanted Gerrard to finally get his title, so I can't full enjoy yesterdays result. :\

Out: Kelly, Agger, Toure, Aspas, Alberto, Johnson, Enrique, Lucas, Assaidi (Moses and Cissokho returned).

In: Konoplyanka, Lallana, R. Rodriguez, Martinez, Richards (Wisdom, Suso, Borini, Ilori, Robinson back in the squad).

I'd want another prime defender in, your list looks like we'd be losing decent depth options, for other depth options that might not be ready/good enough

Walshy

In: Konoplyanka, Lallana, R. Rodriguez, Martinez, Richards (Wisdom, Suso, Borini, Ilori, Robinson back in the squad, though Robinson is a push because Flanagan is a lot better right now).
Fully agree with you but I'd say we'd need another centre-back, maybe Benatia.

L1NETT

Is Arrow on the same level as GoT, Mad Men, Sopranos, etc..?

Lol fuck no

In the same way Iron Man (best Marvel movie, fight me) isn't up there with 12 Years a Slave or No Country for Old Men

Arrow is schlock

But fuck me, it's incredibly entertaining and addictive schlock.

Speaking of movies, you need to see Locke.

Wonder how many keepers City would put in their CL squad if this is upheld

You get dispensation anyway if they all get injured I think, so 2 I imagine

Meier

I still don't understand the Agger to Barca rumors. Player isn't good enough for Liverpool.. on the wish list at Barca? It's bizarre. Alex Song was a regular in his final year at Arsenal and young (officially) whereas Agger will be in his 30s before ya know it. I'll believe that transfer when I see it.

Wilbur

Banned
I think Liverpool need a top class centre back, two full backs, a top class centre midfielder, and a proper wide option.

After spending some time now in the football gaf threads, I'm not so sure if that's a good thing or not. :p

It was sarcasm baby (take note faridchan <3 )

I think Bolasie's great. No fear in him, and he proper fucking runs at you, as opposed to someone like Young who teeters in your direction like a drunk foal before turning around with all the air of a man who forgot to lock the front door.

You know I don't do Sarcasm well.

I meant every word I said!

:lol

I remember Albrighton being quite exciting when he first started playing, and then he just disappeared. Dat Lambert resurrection.

Feorax

I'd want another prime defender in, your list looks like we'd be losing decent depth options, for other depth options that might not be ready/good enough

As a partner to Sakho? Quite possibly, but it's hard to see who would fit the bill without breaking the bank.

And tbf, our depth options as they stand have already been pretty woeful this season.

Wilbur

Banned
Lol fuck no

In the same way Iron Man (best Marvel movie, fight me) isn't up there with 12 Years a Slave or No Country for Old Men

Arrow is schlock

But fuck me, it's incredibly entertaining and addictive schlock.

Speaking of movies, you need to see Locke.

Locke was pretty good. Couldn't watch it again, and the script for those on the phone was sometimes really fucking artificial, but Hardy was great.

And Avengers/Iron Man 3/Captain America 2 > Iron Man

sohois

Are people completely incapable of looking back on a season overall, instead of the last 3 or 4 games? Lucas is starting DM for most of the first half and does absolutely fine, gets injured and comes back and is forced to play in all kinds of unfamiliar positions (like pretty much RM against West Ham) for a few games. Now all of a sudden he's complete shit and we need to get rid?

Gerrard can still offer a lot from midfield, with his long passing and set pieces, but as a DM Lucas is just better and he's not at the end of his career either.. For years people have been calling for some kind of backup to Lucas, now all of a sudden everyone is willing to get rid of Lucas as a backup DM and be left, once again, with just one defensive midfielder.

I completely understand that it is hard to forget recent events, to try and judge rationally using relevant sample sizes, but this sudden rush to get rid of Lucas based on a handful of out of position appearances is the most baffling opinion I can remember.

For a team that's been in a title race, we've had very few players who've had good seasons

Skrtel*, Flanagan, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge.

That's it :s

*and even then he's made too many errors

Salvadora

Wouldn't put Game of Thrones in the same bracket as Mad Men and the Sopranos tbh. It's ambitious and very entertaining for many, but eh.

Wilbur

Banned
Lucas is fine, but as long as Rodgers persists with Gerrard deeper then he isn't going to look very good.

And then, if Rodgers does begin to phase Gerrard out and Lucas moves back to his original position, presumably you'd have Henderson and Allen ahead of him. Which is a good central three, but fuck knows where the goals are gonna come from (magical Joe headers aside).

Which is why Lallana would be a top buy.

Are people completely incapable of looking back on a season overall, instead of the last 3 or 4 games? Lucas is starting DM for most of the first half and does absolutely fine, gets injured and comes back and is forced to play in all kinds of unfamiliar positions (like pretty much RM against West Ham) for a few games. Now all of a sudden he's complete shit and we need to get rid?

Gerrard can still offer a lot from midfield, with his long passing and set pieces, but as a DM Lucas is just better and he's not at the end of his career either.. For years people have been calling for some kind of backup to Lucas, now all of a sudden everyone is willing to get rid of Lucas as a backup DM and be left, once again, with just one defensive midfielder.

I completely understand that it is hard to forget recent events, to try and judge rationally using relevant sample sizes, but this sudden rush to get rid of Lucas based on a handful of out of position appearances is the most baffling opinion I can remember.

His injuries have thrown a massive spanner in the works, he's looked unfit since the West Ham game (where he played very well)

If we get a decent bid, we'd be silly not to consider it on the assumption that he regains enough form and fitness to replace Gerrard when he can't play every week anymore

Nicktendo86

Locke was pretty good. Couldn't watch it again, and the script for those on the phone was sometimes really fucking artificial, but Hardy was great.

And Avengers/Iron Man 3/Captain America 2 > Iron Man

No, just no. Cannot tell you how utterly bored I was watching im3.

faridmon

It was sarcasm baby (take note faridchan <3 )

:lol

I remember Albrighton being quite exciting when he first started playing, and then he just disappeared. Dat Lambert resurrection.

I honestly think he is a great player with a lot passion and drive to excell in his games, have a great pace and intelligent enough to actually produce some neat stuff, when he was a junior at that Villa team, I was mesmerised by the runs he did.

Lambert have treated him horribly IMO

By the way, trust me, I do take notes when I am reading this thread :p

sohois

His injuries have thrown a massive spanner in the works, he's looked unfit since the West Ham game (where he played very well)

If we get a decent bid, we'd be silly not to consider it on the assumption that he regains enough form and fitness to replace Gerrard when he can't play every week anymore

Unfit since the West Ham game? So, that's 3 appearances that he has appeared unfit. Hardly seems to me to be a massive spanner in the works.

Savladora said:
Wouldn't put Game of Thrones in the same bracket as Mad Men and the Sopranos tbh. It's ambitious and very entertaining for many, but eh.

It's high quality fast food, the Five Guys to an NBC or CBS McDonalds. Easy to consume and you can certainly see the higher quality can care compared to your standard crap, but it's still miles away from a good restaurant.

Wilbur

Banned
Yeah not even close to Mad Men.

Not seen Soprano's - should do something about that.

I find it quite hard to watch actually; it's repeated itself quite a lot over the two and a half seasons I've seen, and I hate almost every cunt in it :lol

Need to get back to it though; I'm enjoying it, just wouldn't put it in the top tier with The Wire and Deadwood.

Need to start Mad Men too. Uni finished in three days, should free up some time.

On form, Albrighton is fucking boss.

Hasn't shown it consistently for 2 years now though. Would compliment Lukaku brilliantly if they can get him fit and firing.

Unfit since the West Ham game? So, that's 3 appearances that he has appeared unfit. Hardly seems to me to be a massive spanner in the works.

3 games of passing poorly is regaining match sharpness

3 games of moving like Tom Huddlestone when supposedly fit is worrying

As I said earlier, I'd gve him preseason to see if he can regain it, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it. 2 or 3 massive layoffs are bound to take their toll.

arkon

For a team that's been in a title race, we've had very few players who've had good seasons

Skrtel*, Flanagan, Gerrard, Allen, Henderson, Coutinho, Sterling, Suarez, Sturridge.

That's it :s

*and even then he's made too many errors

That's almost your whole first team lol

Jarnet87

Liverpool need to limit their spending, as they'll be back to fighting for 5th and out of Champions League come this time next year. Based van Gaal will put you back to scrapping for Europa with Everton.

Believe.

Wilbur

Banned
No, just no. Cannot tell you how utterly bored I was watching im3.

Baby please. Downey was fantastic, the Mandarin was the ballsiest most fun thing in a superhero movie for years, the script was hilarious, the action and final set piece far improved over the first two Iron Mans.

First one runs out of steam halfway through. Second one is shite.

I honestly think he is a great player with a lot passion and drive to excell in his games, have a great pace and intelligent enough to actually produce some neat stuff, when he was a junior at that Villa team, I was mesmerised by the runs he did.

Lambert have treated him horribly IMO

By the way, trust me, I do take notes when I am reading this thread :p

He's a proper good winger on form, but he needs to be starting every week and showing that every week now. I think he'd be pretty good at Everton to be honest considering how narrow Mirallas would play on the opposite side, could stretch play effectively. Need to keep Lukaku (or get someone similar) to get the best out of him though.

faridmon

On form, Albrighton is fucking boss.

Hasn't shown it consistently for 2 years now though. Would compliment Lukaku brilliantly if they can get him fit and firing.

He's a proper good winger on form, but he needs to be starting every week and showing that every week now. I think he'd be pretty good at Everton to be honest considering how narrow Mirallas would play on the opposite side, could stretch play effectively. Need to keep Lukaku (or get someone similar) to get the best out of him though.

Yeah, that is the worrying part. He haven't had the constant run for 2 years which could hamper anything decent he have done before. Damn you Lambert!

Would compliment Lukaku, but he is not staying :(

sohois

3 games of passing poorly is regaining match sharpness

3 games of moving like Tom Huddlestone when supposedly fit is worrying

As I said earlier, I'd gve him preseason to see if he can regain it, but I wouldn't put too much faith in it. 2 or 3 massive layoffs are bound to take their toll.

But it really isn't. It's a pathetically small sample size to make a judgment like that. For that matter, don't you suppose that the medical team would step in if he was unready to return? There shouldn't have been any issue switching to the 4-4-2 formation with Coutinho instead.

WJD

Got drawn as Mexico in the World Cup 2014 Drinking Tournament™

Think I'm gonna get a Marco Fabian shirt cause he bossed for me on Footy Man a while a go.

Clegg

What's this I'm reading?

Lack of dentist visits, tooth decay?

It's like some of you don't want girls to touch your willies.

Hixx

http://gfycat.com/GeneralReadyIndigowingedparrot

We are going to be so good next season.

As long as Gus stays. And, you know, we don't get relegated
zWVbK.gif
zWVbK.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom