• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

bud

worst world cup eve-BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Salazar

Tbf, we didn't implode until top 3 was secure. Difficult to aim for 4th at that point.

Points deductions, bruv

You could have cruised down the table

Thiney <3 Boulleau <3

6BshcXi.jpg

Salazar

Anouk is a goddamn sexy name

I don't know why it reminds me of Pingu

An even deeper mystery is why that turns me on even more

Blablurn

If Martinez is leaving us, I'm going to be really mad. Bild reporting that he is very frustrated right now. Even considering a move.

wtf

ShopTo is the same price as amazon, with free first class delivery and a loyalty scheme

fuck amazon

fake edit: Or not, PS4/Xbox One games are apparently full price

Meier

I think we'll probably sell Costel this summer since he wants to play more and could see the rumor about Shay Given coming back being true. No reason to use a foreign slot on someone who won't play in all likelihood. Ideally we'd bring back Kasper since he ticks the club-based training quota as well. I don't think he'd want to be a back-up though especially since he's finally broken into the Denmark setup.

wtf

ShopTo is the same price as amazon, with free first class delivery and a loyalty scheme

fuck amazon

fake edit: Or not, PS4/Xbox One games are apparently full price
I don't trust shopto anymore after their credit card fuck up a few years ago, their site is bloody awful to look at too. I think it's actually a banned site now.

tri_willy

If Martinez is leaving us, I'm going to be really mad. Bild reporting that he is very frustrated right now. Even considering a move.

so he fucking should. pep's a cunt for not playing him.

he was amazing under jupp. weren't bayern undefeated when he started for them everytime in league matches?

we'll be happy to take him

I don't trust shopto anymore after their credit card fuck up a few years ago, their site is bloody awful to look at too. I think it's actually a banned site now.

What actually happened there? I knew something went down with credit cards but none of the details. Either way, they only have the login details for my empty paypal account :p

Wouldn't accept my card details for some reason

Salazar

Bild reporting that he is very frustrated right now.

:lol

It's probably bad but I just can't take "footballers having emotions" seriously as a reported phenomenon. When I see it (e.g., Suarez tears, Giggs self-adoration) I can credit it, obviously, but when it comes at me second-hand, my brain chortles.

Feorax

Is Lallana really the answer?

I reckon so. He's versatile enough to work extreely well in the diamond, can play out wide of a front 3 if necessary, has a good eye for goal and can move a ball extremely quickly.

If we were signing him to be a winger and nothing more, then I agree, but we need more options to influence the game further up the pitch if things aren't going well, and Coutinho is still very hit and miss (likely because, as we often forget. he's still so young).

Given a choice of the two I'd sign Martinez every time, but I genuinely think Lallana can offer us a lot.

I reckon so. He's versatile enough to work extreely well in the diamond, can play out wide of a front 3 if necessary, has a good eye for goal and can move a ball extremely quickly.

If we were signing him to be a winger and nothing more, then I agree, but we need more options to influence the game further up the pitch if things aren't going well, and Coutinho is still very hit and miss (likely because, as we often forget. he's still so young).

Given a choice of the two I'd sign Martinez every time, but I genuinely think Lallana can offer us a lot.

whynotboth.gif

Martinez would be a ridiculously good transfer, but even if he was to leave, we'd be about 27th in the pecking order

edit: @above, Martinez would solve a proportion of our defensive problems as he'd be much more effective at stopping players getting a run at our backline, and getting easy crosses in

Walshy

I'd love both.

My only concern is that both would be very expensive, and we really need to be throwing a good chunk of our money at the defence first and foremost.
Realistically, what would be your ideal summer? Say if we had about £80m + whatever we make from sales.

Still a bit shellshocked at Palaces comeback yesterday.

What did we do?
How did we do it?
Was it really neccessary?

Dat atmosphere. Dat Bolasie. When you thought the season was more or less over for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom