• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

KPUoK0w.jpg

Icmp0PT.jpg

Well fuck you Adidas.

Mismanagement of a business isn't necessarily always about money, a lot could be different, we'll never know.

Like I said, they didn't get involved, they let Ferguson do his job, and he seems to respect them at least.

Owner fallouts with the manager, premature sackings, Sky Sports Stadium, purchasing players the manager has no interest in for the "brand". Overspending, even.

When it all goes wrong, and I look like a complete and utter idiot, I'll be right with you protesting, but until then, they've done okay.

Why would Ferguon's respect matter? He's in bed with them. The same man who told fans to "fuck off and support Chelsea if they don't like it". Him and Gill both did a complete u-turn on the Glazer's because it suited them. I have zero respect for him or his opinion when it comes to this topic.

Watch him squirm now that they're fucking him off.

It's a tired debate but people act as if the Glazer's haven't harmed the club. Just because we have won trophies, doesn't mean harm hasn't been done. We are weaker as a club. So many people have lost their jobs, the fans are totally alienated and have no influence or say - just not for example people who have had season tickets for 20 years are being moved for the "singing section". We invest less in the infrastructure of the club, in fact we hardly invest in it at all unless their is some kind of corporate upside.

People keep saying the owner could have been mental as if that was the alternative. It wasn't. We were a PLC - that had it's downsides too, no doubt. But that prevented any of that crazy shit from happening.

The fact remains they came in and bought the club with it's own money and have since whored it out and costed us £1bn - they put up a share issue and flat out LIED that the money would be used to pay off debt and invest in the club. They ran off with it. The fact anybody even for a moment gives them an ounce of credit baffles me. They haven't put a penny in. All they've done is take money out and "stay in the shadows". Oh well done Glazers, fucking brilliant job.

jtb

Banned
Part of me really hopes you get him. Just so we can sit here this time next year while Arsenal fans whine about why they didn't bring in a top class striker last summer as they fail to win anything for another year..

If you think Arsenal will buy Cesc and a world class striker then I have this really fucking rad looking bridge and it's going for a bargain price.

as it is, I have a hard time seeing which world class striker we're going to be able to get and we all know Wenger will not strengthen the defense or buy a defensive midfielder, so that's a nonstarter. so if if it's a choice between yet another technical midfielder and getting no one, may as well take the midfielder.

dc89

A new competition for B teams of Premier League and Championship clubs will be considered by the Football Association on Wednesday.

One proposal if for these second teams to play in a league sandwiched between League Two and the Conference.

Another option is to merge the B teams with League Two and the Conference to form two regional leagues. The plans are part of FA chairman Greg Dyke's commission looking at ways to improve the national team's fortunes.

It is understood the Premier League and Football League clubs are broadly in favour of a new competition, which would give greater competitive opportunities for their young, home grown talent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27289819

MCFC
MCFC B
NYCFC
MHFC

EmiPrime

Part of me really hopes you get him. Just so we can sit here this time next year while Arsenal fans whine about why they didn't bring in a top class striker last summer as they fail to win anything for another year..

If you think Arsenal will buy Cesc and a world class striker then I have this really fucking rad looking bridge and it's going for a bargain price.

I'm expecting Cesc, Vela, that Toulouse fella, another centre half, maybe a defensive midfielder and someone like Remy or Bony.

That's the sort of business I am expecting. No delusions here.

Blackhead

Redarse
FYI: 'Homegrown' doesn't mean that player has to be as the same nationality as the league. For example, Cesc, would count as homegrown in England because he spent at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21 being trained at Arsenal. Also out of the 8 'homegrown' players, each team only needs 4 to be trained at their club. So Cesc would count as one of Man City's 8 'homegrown' players because he was trained st another team in the league (if they were to buy him).

I for one think it would be brilliant if Arsenal won the FA Cup.

It's been a great few years for the tournament really. Wigan and now Arsenal or Hull - magical.

Gives me hope that even if we get thrown into the abyss, we might still win a trophy.

bud23

God damn Liverpool, one of the biggest meltdowns i've ever seen, simply unbelievable.

Too bad, this was supposed to be their year, they won't get anywhere near the title any time soon. First Chelsea, and now this, this liverpool side can't handle the pressure.

I guess Brendan has some psychological work to do. These mental breakdowns are completely unacceptable .

I enjoyed it very much.

Hixx

I for one think it would be brilliant if Arsenal won the FA Cup.

It's been a great few years for the tournament really. Wigan and now Arsenal or Hull - magical.

Gives me hope that even if we get thrown into the abyss, we might still win a trophy.

Wait till Wes sees this egregious trolling.

LegoArmo

United haven't won the FA Cup for so long, it would be nice just for a chance.

Do we know how van Gaal feels about domestic cup competitions?

So is the FFP gonna force City to buy English players?

Bye bye Shaw :(

Kind of, but it also means they probably shouldn't be spending £30m on the English players they buy.

Feorax

I've just found out that mutherfuckin' Pocket Tanks is a free download on the iOS store.

Fuck Liverpool, week redeemed.

sohois

FYI: 'Homegrown' doesn't mean that player has to be as the same nationality as the league. For example, Cesc, would count as homegrown in England because he spent at least three years between the ages of 15 and 21 being trained at Arsenal. Also out of the 8 'homegrown' players, each team only needs 4 to be trained at their club. So Cesc would count as one of Man City's 8 'homegrown' players because he was trained st another team in the league (if they were to buy him).

Clichy would also count for them.

But that would still leave them with 3 spots to fill with Hart, Milner, Rodwell, Clichy and Fabregas.

The restrictions leave City with room for 13 foreign players. New Gk, Zabaleta, Kompany, Nastasic, Toure, Fernandinho, Navas, Nasri, Silva, Aguero, Negredo, Kolarov, Dzeko. You can just about fit mos of their squad in, no room for other CBs, Garcia, a backup RB, or Jovetic though.

And this is all assuming they went ahead and signed Fabregas

jtb

Banned
Hull have made it this far without them obviously but aren't several of their strikers cup-tied for the final? (I'm thinking Jelavic)

Hull have made it this far without them obviously but aren't several of their strikers cup-tied for the final? (I'm thinking Jelavic)

Long as well

The difference between those two and their third/fourth-choice is gargantuan. Like us playing Aspas instead of Sturridge.

I don't think Cesc would count because he played in Europe and was then registered with the A squad for Europe pretty quickly after he arrived at Arsenal.

For example, United didn't include Januzaj in the A squad list for the Champions League until October (after 2 group games had taken place) because he would then lose his homegrown status. October marked 2 years since Januzaj was eligible to play for United's youth team. After October, Januzaj could then be registered with the B squad list due to being young and being with the club for 2 years.

I could be wrong, but this is what happened with Januzaj.

If Arsenal lose the final then people at the club might wake up and realise they're a club going nowhere.

I hope they win for this reason.

GorillaJu

Last year, Warrior's slogan was "We come not to play." This year it was "Rise up" (kind of fitting, actually). Next year it's gotta be "THIS DOES NOT FUCKING SLIP".

"We go again" is actually pretty fitting and would be cool since they're Gerrard's words.

Are they trying to make some point that we have a shit away defense? 15th worst out of 20 teams... Either I'm missing something or Sky is.

LegoArmo

Gerrard is emotionally crushed inside and should retire. He handled being top with a few games to go completely wrong.

Liverpool were doing great when they pushed the "our aim is to finish top 4" mentality, when they accepted that they were going to win the title, was also when they lost it.

Meier

The only way City can really clear out some spots for English talent is if they keep paying most of the wages of the players they sell, that's sad.

They might have to just keep Lescott and Richards and incorporate them better.
That's not really true. We don't have anyone left that we need to get rid of or that are too expensive to sell off. If anyone takes our players at this point, they'll do so without any help. In general, most of the team are on high wages but they're contributors. Santa Cruz, Bridge, etc. are off the books. This is the final season we pay part of Adebayor's wage as well.

I could see Sinclair being thrown a lifeline just to fill our quota but his contract is £40k a week. Every club in the PL can afford that if they're intersted.

Lescott is definitely gone unless he were willing to accept a major salary cut. I think he'll go to Besiktas and get paid. Richards would need to sign a new deal but he is young and will definitely want to play so he'll be gone regardless. He just doesn't fit in under Pellegrini's system -- he doesn't track back quick enough and was a major, major, major liability when he played.

All of our new signings this summer made less than Lescott and Barry. They're paid well, but City aren't overpaying now on wages.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Gerrard is emotionally crushed inside and should retire. He handled being top with a few games to go completely wrong.

Liverpool were doing great when they pushed the "our aim is to finish top 4" mentality, when they accepted that they were going to win the title, was also when they lost it.

It's not Gerrard's fault Glen Johnson is shit.

bjaelke

no he shouldnt

and wat

Feorax

Tbf, we didn't implode until top 3 was secure. Difficult to aim for 4th at that point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom