• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmax

Why oh why are they trying to penetrate that defense when it's the worst idea ever.

Shoot more, find space in front of the back line and challenge Schwarzer. You're never going to penetrate that iron defense.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Is Immobile coming next year? Another goal and assist today. I can't wait to see him at the World Cup.

I sure hope so!

Disagree, a league title is the best team over a season, not the best team against your direct rival.

Goal difference is the better indicator of which is the better team.

Using a record over 38 games is better than a record over 2.

that's a fair point! But IMO the better team doesn't =/= the one who scored more. Or rather overscored on lesser teams.

So he should go out there and try to attack Liverpool. As someone else said earlier. Arsenal were 4-0 down in the first half and city were 2-0 down. Jose was 1-0 up without giving Liverpool a decent chance.

He has drilled his team perfectly to play to their strengths. And it is actually Chelsea who look more likely to score the next goal IMO.

my main problem are the people praising mourinho for this shit. he gets called best ever for playing this type of football. it doesnt take a genius to put 10 in your pen box
also chelsea fans have the nerve to criticise other teams for being boring, how i dont know

Elchele

Why, because I can acknowledge, understand and appreciate good defending?

You can't :lol, you said Boateng is one of the absolute best in the world. Please go choke on avocado xoxo

Heynckes' Bayern had a great defensive work without having to park the bus like some 4th division club. Ancelotti's RM too

10 at the back
such excitement
much tactician
wow

My point was going to be is that a lot of Barcelona's gameplan was based on how the full backs moved, how they pushed forward when the centre backs split and how they always acted as auxiliary wingers.

There is just as much credit in a well organised defence - see Barca's usage of full backs or Chelsea's usage of the entire back four - as there is in well organised attacking moves.

attacking is more risky, counter attacking is the laziest brand of football. it is much easier to defend than it is to break teams down

my main problem are the people praising mourinho for this shit. he gets called best ever for playing this type of football. it doesnt take a genius to put 10 in your pen box
also chelsea fans have the nerve to criticise other teams for being boring, how i dont know

I am not a Chelsea fan, but Jose is brilliant. He cares about results which is the most important thing at the end of the day. Jose is capable of playing attacking football, but his main objective is to get results and have his team work hard. Football is so great because of all the different styles available. And Jose is showing why he is so good at what he does.

Wilbur

Banned
Heynckes' Bayern had a great defensive work without having to park the bus like some 4th division club. Ancelotti's RM too

Ancelotti's RM played similar to Chelsea today against you. They had a few more chances because they're better in attack than Chelsea and were slightly more adventurous. But for the most part, Heynckes' Bayern and Ancelotti's RM came up against teams far far weaker than them. Chelsea aren't.

Parking the bus is the weakest phrase in football and when you use it, I can't respect your opinion.

attacking is more risky, counter attacking is the laziest brand of football. it is much easier to defend than it is to break teams down

:lol, brilliant

Eanan

Liverpool will be eviscerated next season in the CL. not even fit for a EL spot.

wfkL9m5.gif

2/10.

kmax

Shooting is the best line of attack since Chelsea can't break their defensive bridge. If they get them on target, it's going to be a difficult time for Schwarzer as his view is going to be limited. They should have done this from the get go instead of trying to pass the ball through. The only way to break the wall is to shoot right past it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom