• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

Without Bale and Ronaldo one might have expected Benzema to step forward as Madrid´s leader, like a true TOP player would do. Nothing. Less than Morata, who btw is a shadow of the player he used to be.

Small, utterly mediocre player, he´s NOT Madrid material at all, he actually never was. Can´t wait until we get rid of that fucking cunt. Suarez will give us a new dimension. Don't delude yourself, Turok, Benzema is shit.

Illara can fuck off. Fucking useless. Buying him was a terrible mistake.

Anyway, the dream is still alive. The dream of la decima. Be real, nobody cares about LOL liga.
do you even watch our games or do you just enjoy spewing out shit out of yer arse?
Both seems to be apt with you, for Benz is most fatigued and no player can do much running on fumes. he is exhausted and physically jaded. I already explained why morata isn't sharp but I imagine you have little understanding who cannot fathom why morata was off today. Morata being a shadow is all on Carlo. Carlo dropped the ball on morata. No confidence, no minutes, and he is expected to do something this late in the stage? I will not mark morata, I actually think he has done well all things considered. not just the benz, the team as a whole is jaded.

Carlo will do well to rest our team on our next match. Our team needs a break.

Meier

this is why EPL GAF was calling Toure the best player in the league?

Embarassing.

30 year old dude who is playing hurt making a run like that in the 93rd minute is pretty damn special. That sort of speed and close control frankly shouldn't be possible for a guy his size. It was unreal.

haha, is that really that impressive? only had one man to beat.

decent run, but he can do better.

He beat him on a dime though. And it wasn't one of those solo runs where you can kick it ahead and away from the defense and catch up. The ball was on his foot essentially the entire time and he had defenders running stride for stride but just was better and faster than them. Pretty special.

30 year old dude who is playing hurt making a run like that in the 93rd minute is pretty damn special. That sort of speed and close control frankly shouldn't be possible for a guy his size. It was unreal.

Why should his size effect his close control?

I bet you're the kind of guy that says 'good touch for a big man'

:p

Turok_TTZ

Madrid should never, ever expect anything lower than 2nd
Carlo Ancelotti would like to have a word with you.
I know Carlo, he is just terrible in the league. if this were any other coach I would agree with you but we have Carlo Ancelotti as our coach. Let's be realistic, we're lucky to even be doing as well as we are in La Liga.

jesalr

613.gif

I forbid it. Fucking Tim Sherwood. Don't leave Sandro, stay and reclaim your throne under FDB.

At least he knows there's a new manager. A new manager who hopefully knows how to set up a team that can, at some point, stop runners going full pelt at Dawson.

There has to be hope at the end of the tunnel, right? There has to be!

Meier

Why should his size effect his close control?

I bet you're the kind of guy that says 'good touch for a big man'

:p

It doesn't necessarily limit your capability, but it's pretty atypical for a big, tall dude to be able to be very proficient technically. For instance, Yaya is only 1" shorter than Andy Carroll.

Manzepi

Neo Member
C H A M P I O N S bitches !

Now please Lolo, fire Menez and the others dead bodies, make the swap deal Cavani/Hazard and please please please keep Verratti

This little guy is ours, we've a real golden player, we don't need another thug style like Pogba (even if he's good)

And yes I'm drunk.. Paris !

Oh and by the way Tiago Silva I declare you my love !

kharma45

It's brilliant.

Yeah that's what I'm saying. I hope they don't go Samsung on us and make a stupid sized phone.

LG G3 looks like it could be impressive. Keeping an eye on it myself, could be enough to make me come back over to Android for a while.

Turok_TTZ

ah yes Laurent Blanc won Ligue 1 again? I congratulate Laurent blanc and his team, well deserved.

Also, Laurent Blanc. Stay away from my Benz. He is not for sale FFS!

Scum

At least he knows there's a new manager. A new manager who hopefully knows how to set up a team that can, at some point, stop runners going full pelt at Dawson.

There has to be hope at the end of the tunnel, right? There has to be!

I fucking well hope so or I'll be burning shit to make that light!

C H A M P I O N S bitches !

Now please Lolo, fire Menez and the others dead bodies, make the swap deal Cavani/Hazard and please please please keep Verratti

This little guy is ours, we've a real golden player, we don't need another thug style like Pogba (even if he's good)

And yes I'm drunk.. Paris !
Congrats!

faridmon

Just found out that Harrys Gym have disbanded last year :(
The Feels, man, the feels. It hurts!

One of the most talented, if not the most talented most mature band Norway had produced in the last decade. Those two albums are absolute perfection!

It doesn't necessarily limit your capability, but it's pretty atypical for a big, tall dude to be able to be very proficient technically. For instance, Yaya is only 1" shorter than Andy Carroll.

Ibrahimovic is the same height as Carroll iirc. Crouch was genuinely brilliant with his control, not just for his size

I'd say big players are just coached to focus too much on exploiting their physique at the cost of their technical ability, so when one slips through that particular net and works just as hard on their technical ability, people assume they're overcoming something that would normally limit their control

GQman2121

Banned
If that Sony E3 lineup was true...

How is that website not banned? Shit like that riles up the crazies who buy into this BS, and then when the conference is only a fraction of that list, they bitch and feel ripped off (which is why they're crazy).

Moderation on the gaming side has really, really been lax over the last year or so. They let too much shit go and allow people to take things as gospel just because it's on GAF.

Pennywise

Most of the stuff has been rumored for a long time and/or has been leaked, e.g. GG working on a RPG. The problem is that the list comes off as something that I would come up with, lots of rumored stuff to give it credibility coupled with bullshit (e.g. TLOU2 teaser). Frankly without seeing the rumored titles I'm not sure if I should be hyped.

I definitely think we'll see TLG this year though and I wouldn't be shocked if it had a release date, maybe even Winter 2014.

I seriously doubt they show so many stuff though.

K1LLER7

I haven't seen much of Chelsea this season but Hazard is the Nigerian right?

😟
Why so sad? Even in your avatar :(

You need to be positive. Moyes will get you out of the EL places next season. Gaal will loan you Young and Cleverley to help.

3Sixty

I gotta be honest.

Toure is overrated to fuck. I watched him quite closely tonight just plodding around the midfield looking disinterested. Its all well and good smashing in a few goals when games are already decided but when you need someone to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck Toure always goes missing.

Physically such a gifted player with the mind of a fucking shish kebab.

But of course the generally footballing public rave about him because they can't tell the difference between scoring the last goal in a rout against relegation candidates and shriving up like Wilbz penis in December when playing a big game.

I gotta be honest.

Toure is overrated to fuck. I watched him quite closely tonight just plodding around the midfield looking disinterested. Its all well and good smashing in a few goals when games are already decided but when you need someone to step up and take a game by the scruff of the neck Toure always goes missing.

Physically such a gifted player with the mind of a fucking shish kebab.

But of course the generally footballing public rave about him because they can't tell the difference between scoring the last goal in a rout against relegation candidates and shriving up like Wilbz penis in December when playing a big game.
He's scored a fair few important goals I think.

I think he's a very talented player but lacks consistency. Vidal is better IMO from what I've seen. Still a great player though, you can't deny that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom