• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Feorax

Btw, just in case anyone was expecting any different, I'm fully expecting us to field weakened teams next year in the CL if at any point it looks like it will be a detriment to our domestic league position. The league is going to be our priority now until we've won the bloody thing.

Meier

Ghg9rQm.png

oh who the fuck am I kidding
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

I still have no clue how to read these charts you keep posting. The colors don't align and the listed scores themselves don't necessarily represent a winning outcomes.. it makes no sense. o_O

pulga

Banned
I still have no clue how to read these charts you keep posting. The colors don't align and the listed scores themselves don't necessarily represent a winning outcomes.. it makes no sense. o_O

theyre not scorelines

the colors represent wins, losses and draws

you read the right side of the table to see who is first

how is this hard to understand

Turok_TTZ

How does Real Madrid defend 1 million crosses against Bayern, but struggle with shitty teams' crosses.

because we were physically prepared for bayern and after that 2nd leg they totally burned us out physically. Benz who has played almost every game has been the most overplayed player on the team. CR7 and Bale rarely rotated and they ended up succumbing to injuries which are connected to them being overplayed.

Hell look at di maria today, he has the best stamina in Real madrid but today after 15 mins he was no different than Benz. burned out.

Real Madrid's starting eleven needs a week off. Treble sounds nice but just a decima would be more than enough. I am actually pleased we lost the league as now Carlo should finally rest the team in favor of preparing for cl. Atletico meanwhile are forced to give their all against farsa. we will be more rested come lisbon.

L1NETT

Danny Mills tells fans to look at facts of 'B League' before criticising it

Danny Mills, the former England defender who sits on the FA commission aiming to improve the quality of homegrown players, has urged fans and administrators to read its full report before rejecting the call for Premier League B teams to play in the Football League.

"The biggest problem we have is tradition and change. Everybody is adverse to change in this country," he said, pointing to the fact that most other major European countries allow B teams to play lower down the league pyramid.

There are a lot of clubs in a very bad position financially, and this would be a way of helping that as well

The former Leeds United

Speechless

This bloke is completely brainless

Help

I might explode at any moment

pulga

Banned
because we were physically prepared for bayern and after that 2nd leg they totally burned us out physically. Benz who has played almost every game has been the most overplayed player on the team. CR7 and Bale rarely rotated and they ended up succumbing to injuries which are connected to them being overplayed.

Hell look at di maria today, he has the best stamina in Real madrid but today after 15 mins he was no different than Benz. burned out.

Real Madrid's starting eleven needs a week off. Treble sounds nice but just a decima would be more than enough. I am actually pleased we lost the league as now Carlo should finally rest the team in favor of preparing for cl. Atletico meanwhile are forced to give their all against farsa. we will be more rested come lisbon.

Agreed. Field Castilla and be done with it.

By the way, we're really missing Jese. Morata can fuck off.

FootballFan

:lol

Barcelona are alive again. Pretty stupid how teams have "dropped" from the race like 3 times this season.

I thought our season was over vs grenades. Then GateFee equalised in the last minute and I didn't care because season was already over.

Now the season is back on.

#FootballLives

Btw, just in case anyone was expecting any different, I'm fully expecting us to field weakened teams next year in the CL if at any point it looks like it will be a detriment to our domestic league position. The league is going to be our priority now until we've won the bloody thing.

So you guys have been desperate to get back into the CL just so you could field weakened teams? Okay.

fuenf

I need your help, which phone should I buy? The Z2 or the S5? I like the S5 but I really hate the faux chrome bezel. The Z2 on the other hand is gorgeous but it's a little bit too big for my taste and I couldnt really get a feel for it at the store because it was connected to tons of security shit.

Elchele

I need your help, which phone should I buy? The Z2 or the S5? I like the S5 but I really hate the faux chrome bezel. The Z2 on the other hand is gorgeous but it's a little bit too big for my taste and I couldnt really get a feel for it at the store because it was connected to tons of security shit.

fuenf pls
get a Nexus phone

Mascot

I just hope the World Cup continues this season's theme of Bambi goes crazy ape bonkers with a chainsaw and sex.

Expecting big upsets and unbridled madness. Anything else would be a let down.

Meier

theyre not scorelines

the colors represent wins, losses and draws

you read the right side of the table to see who is first

how is this hard to understand

Why would they use 1s and 2s to represent a win or a loss? Why not W X L? It's a terribly stupid system and not remotely intuitive.

FootballFan

I have the Z2 tablet, it is GOAT.

Turok_TTZ

Agreed. Field Castilla and be done with it.

By the way, we're really missing Jese. Morata can fuck off.

The problem with Morata is that Carlo has zero confidence in him. Strikers, especially young ones, besides the gk need absolute confidence from their coach to do well. plus Carlo not rotating him and Benz not only hurt benz but also morata, he is not sharp because he rarely sees minutes.

Jese getting injured really bit us in the arse. The biggest mistake however, imo is Carlo not signing a cm in the winter. our lack of depth in midfield costed us imo. Isco is progressing but he is still green. Illarra is a huge disappointment and Casemiro is rarely played. our frontline and midfield were dead and static, backline helpless.

Also, I do not think Carlo is happy with Alonso. Alonso is useless in transistion. not his fault, he is only old and slow. nothing he can do. but today when everyone else is dead he got exposed real badly.

The problem with Morata is that Carlo has zero confidence in him. Strikers, especially young ones, besides the gk need absolute confidence from their coach to do well. plus Carlo not rotating him and Benz not only hurt benz but also morata, he is not sharp because he rarely sees minutes.

Jese getting injured really bit us in the arse. The biggest mistake however, imo is Carlo not signing a cm in the winter. our lack of depth in midfield costed us imo. Isco is progressing but he is still green. Illarra is a huge disappoint and Casemiro is rarely played. our frontline and midfield were dead and static, backline helpless.

Also, I do not think Carlo is happy with Alonso. Alonso is useless in transistion. not his fault, he is only old and slow. nothing he can do. but today when everyone else is dead he got exposed real badly.

Isn't this the absolute opposite of what you were saying when Mourinho kept rotating Benzema and Higuain?

Turok_TTZ

meanwhile I will root for atletico madrid for the final liga match day.
I hope they waste a lot of energy to beat farsa to win la liga. the two horse race moniker can finally die and atletico will not be as rested as madrid come the cl final, everyone wins (except farsa)

pulga

Banned
Why would they use 1s and 2s to represent a win or a loss? Why not W X L? It's a terribly stupid system and not remotely intuitive.

i think you're overthinking this

you pick one side or the other

this is not rocket science meier

Turok_TTZ

Isn't this the absolute opposite of what you were saying when Mourinho kept rotating Benzema and Higuain?
Actually yes but the difference was that Mourinho was rotating practically EVERY SINGLE GAME. He was rotating too much. broke the rthyme for the forwards. forwards need continuity.
Carlo is barely rotating at all. Rotation in balance is key. you cannot rotate too much or the forward will lose rthyme. you cannot rotate too little or else you will burn out your forward. there are times when to rotate and there are times when not to.

Both Mou and Carlo screwed up in this aspect.

I would also like to add that Carlo not only failed to rotate benz, but the rest of the team as well. Carlo is really poor in rotation it seems. CR7's injury today would not have happened had he been properly rotated.

fuenf

Haha I've played around with the phone, it is huge, but it is a beast too. Either will be fine choices though imo, just depends how big your pockets are.

I guess there's no clear choice nowadays... all highend phones have huge flaws /drawbacks. At the store the Z2 didnt even look that much bigger than the S5 but I couldnt get a good feel of / for it. Phone reviews are even worse than videogame ones, there just no consensus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom