• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT20| I don't really give a shit what any title is

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
I think you'll still win the league to be honest.

no they wont, theyve let it SLIP huehuehue

iKkAltPpcFhj9.gif

tri_willy

not sure who's got the advantage now.

we basically have to rely on city to drop a game or two to possibly win the title, whilst winning our remaining two games.

guess everything comes down to the final day

Games like this make me fearful of Chelsea next season (as a neutral). Chelsea's record against the top teams this year has been incredible.

I've said it before but if they get a striker or two who can handle physicality and score a reasonable amount of goals a season, they'll win those games against the lower teams they slipped up on.

If they had anyone even half as good as Drogba up front this year they'd have taken the title.

Abraxas

I think it is fair to say this has been the most interesting year in global football ever, and we haven't even had the world cup. Incredible.

TeddyBoy

Fair play Chelsea, they got their tactics spot on today and had the best chances and took them.

Devastated doesn't describe how I feel.

kmax

I'm impressed by Mourinho. Criticized, hated and despised, but still gets the job done.

Chelsea's defending is absolutely brilliant. The big problem is that teams are playing against them like they're playing anyone else. It's not gonna work against Chelsea's wall of a defence. Opponents need to shoot much more, as they won't get behind the defence no matter how hard they try. Atletico failed last week, and Liverpool failed today.

I think Man C's going to win their games and take the lead from here. They're not going to let this opportunity get passed them.

Great result.

Ba's link-up play was pretty awful but it doesn't matter, he did what he needed to do which was score when the opportunity presented itself.

Defence was rock solid today and Kalas played well too, I was hoping he would be able to play more this season, I hope he is given more of a chance.

Huge result, Jose knows what he is doing even if he's not perfect.

Walshy

Sterling and Suarez thought Chelsea would be easy.

Sturridge didn't get a touch.

Gerrard was awful.

Aspas just needs to be put down after that corner.

Gothos

not sure who's got the advantage now.

we basically have to rely on city to drop a game or two to possibly win the title, whilst winning our remaining two games.

guess everything comes down to the final day

We just need ManCity to draw ONE of their last 4 games and win our two. I think it's more than possible. Have faith :)

Randdalf

Are you gonna believe us

We're gonna win the league

Liverpool need to lose versus Newcastle or Crystal Palace if Chelsea are to take the reigns, and City need to not get 6/6 points in their 2 games in hand. It's in City's hands based on Goal Difference right now.

Splatt

I'd have been ok with anyone winning the title but Siteh... what have you done Mou...

Matic & Ivanovic were sublime

Mascot

A victory for anti-football.
Time wasting in the first fucking minute and parking the bus.

Fuck you Mou, you utter twatbastard.

Fergie

Banned
I'm with Wilb though, City will most likely bottle it at some point and Liverpool are straight in.

It's definitely in City's corner now though.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I've no loyalties in the EPL, but this season has been great.

The top six and bottom six are all playing for something.

PowderedToast

Can't see it. This and Toure's return will have given them an almighty boost

We've proper fucked it. Don't understand that performance at all. You'd think we didn't prepare for those tactics.

Devestated.
we looked utterly fucking clueless

so many of our attackers had a mare. johnson needs to fuck off

danwarb

Wow that was quite an embarrassing display from Chelsea with time wasting from the first minute. They won't care, it worked. Scored in the added time they bought. Huge mistakes from Liverpool cost them goals and momentum throughout. Aspas forgot how to pass.

Hard to break down, but avoid silly mistakes and a draw was the best Chelsea were getting out of that. Fuckity fuck. It's up to City now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom