• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.
as I was saying, watching both ends of the pitch is brilliant for scouting ;)

Now I look like Carlos Mencia :(

I didn't see it
ix5hNAArIgXiW.png

Suen

If you had watched majority of Real Soceidad's game this season it'd be one thing. But I honestly think you're forming your conclusions based on preconceived notions from his time here. He scored 15 goals and assisted 11 playing mostly from the wing and has been in regular starter in their CL games. Vela would be more productive than Gnabry for example, he can go on loan somewhere and develop. We can depend less on players like Rosciky.
Yeah I agree on this, in fact I think he'd do quite better than current Gnabry and Podolski in RW. I'd like to see Gnabry play more so if anything it would be better to give him Podolski's spot if we insist on using him as RW. Honestly said I believe most Arsenal fans judge him based on his time here as well. I follow La Liga enough and while I don't watch every game Sociedad plays (or heck even half of their games) I can without a doubt say that he's been developing into a better player those three years there. He's not as bad as some of you make him out to be, not to say he'd suddenly do just as well in EPL.

Lightning

Banned
I suggested a decent player (for very cheap) because I don't believe we're willing to spend the money to attract the best. I'll be surprised if we'll throw a huge Özil-sum (or even larger one) again. It doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any great FW for a lower price, there are promising strikers abroad but they might not deliver expected results right away. In worst case it will be like Soldado's situation for us.
Worst case scenario is worse than that. Unless Wenger done the right thing and sent Sanogo out on loan to improve then Vela signing would be worth something. This early we need to send better intentions out there.

Vela's Sociedad's stats are very impressive but can't see that being replicated for us.

wedward

Yeah I agree on this, in fact I think he'd do quite better than current Gnabry and Podolski in RW. I'd like to see Gnabry play more so if anything it would be better to give him Podolski's spot if we insist on using him as RW. Honestly said I believe most Arsenal fans judge him based on his time here as well. I follow La Liga enough and while I don't watch every game Sociedad plays (or heck even half of their games) I can without a doubt say that he's been developing into a better player those three years there. He's not as bad as some of you make him out to be, not to say he'd suddenly do just as well in EPL.

Podolski plays on the left. Theo will be back on be on the right. Theo will start on the right whenever he is healthy.

L1NETT

Wasn't Vela a right ghost when he was at your mob first time round. Resigning a player when he was guff first time round rarely works out and sounds right un-Wenger

Who knows though, but would be surprised. Don't think he'll cut it second time round either

Podolski plays on the left. Theo will be back on be on the right. Theo will start on the right whenever he is healthy.

Theo and the Ox are good enough for plenty of top sides

Need to get old Loic on the ringer for striking reinforcements.

Wilbur

Banned
Bacca's been on the floor for the last half hour

and its fucking unfair croatia have Modric AND Rakitic

THEYRE THE FUCKING SAME PLAYER

GIVE US ONE

Suen

Sevilla doesn't deserve this. Come on Benfica. End this.
It's Spain's 5th team against the current crowns of Liga Sagres. Please, Benfica does not deserve this either. The only right thing to do is to let the EL final be rescheduled and be played this time between Juve - Valencia.

Garay's been quality this game, if Liverpool wanted to spend a bomb and get a really solid centre half to cover Squirtle's mental handicap they could do a lot worse

bud

Edge of Tomorrow looks fucking horrendous. Transformers 4 will be a better blockbuster.

saw the trailer for the first time in the theater a few weeks ago. it looks so fucking blue, like every other blockbuster film. which is a shame because that first poster looked intriguing.

subtles

Bacca's been on the floor for the last half hour

and its fucking unfair croatia have Modric AND Rakitic

THEYRE THE FUCKING SAME PLAYER

GIVE US ONE

They have like three more that are too young/haven't moved to another league yet.

It really is unfair.

Derp1na

Banned
Wait, if you can go off with an injury without being replaced before penalties, why don't the 4 worst penalty takers just get "injured" so the best players just keep taking them one after the other?

feel

Extra 30min needs to go away, everyone is extremely exhausted, and it's just a shitfest most of the time. 90 min then straight to penalties please.

Wilbur

Banned
Mbia flopped at QPR. No thanks.

Garay's gud though, I'd take him

but more importantly

im just happy to accept in my heart whoever louis wants me to <3

Feorax

Liverpool Echo says Moreno is our top LB target.

I'm guessing we'll keep Enrique another year or two and then start bringing through Brad Smith.

Also, Times says Saints have yet to accept or reject our £17m offer for Lallana.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom