• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Vela as a striker....

lol

As shit as Giroud is, he has scored 22 goals this season which isn't bad.
Now take into account how slow Giroud is and all the goals he should have scored with Sagna having a superb season. 22 goals looks fine on it's own, but it doesn't look all that good for a player in his position given how good some of our players have done in assisting him. I'm willing to believe Vela would eventually do a better job than Giroud, and if not he'd still be a better backup than fucking Sanogo.

People like you are the reason why we're a 4th spot team

"At least Giroud has scored 22 goals" Fuck off pls. If we're going to be cheap let's go for cheap players who may do better.

Lightning

Banned
Now take into account how slow Giroud is and all the goals he should have scored with Sagna having a superb season. 22 goals looks fine on it's own, but it doesn't look all that good for a player in his position given how good some of our players have done in assisting him. I'm willing to believe Vela would eventually do a better job than Giroud, and if not he'd still be a better backup than fucking Sanogo.

"At least Giroud has scored 22 goals" Fuck off pls. If we're going to be cheap let's go for cheap players who may do better.
"people like you?" I fucking hate that line. Especially coming from someone wanting Vela. We get Vela and unless there's a sale we will get no one else upfront.

Salvadora

Eh, there are physical qualities that Giroud possesses which Vela would lack. It's a big part of our game, especially in the first half of the season there.

Pereira :lol

What's he doing?

(Man Utd game, not Maxi)

His corners were shit today.

Deserved win for Chelsea. They actually tried to get forward and played superior throughout the match. This u21 team is shit and imbalanced. We had two rbs and two defensive midfielders.

Janko and Pearson were United's best players I thought.

His corners were shit today.

Deserved win for Chelsea. They actually tried to get forward and played superior throughout the match. This u21 team is shit and imbalanced. We had two rbs and two defensive midfielders.

Janko and Pearson were United's best players I thought.

Impressed by Pearson once again. Have been every time I've watched him.

Suen

"people like you?" I fucking hate that line. Especially coming from someone wanting Vela. We get Vela and unless there's a sale we will get no one else upfront.
I'm sorry for not being satisfied with a player that would be ranked below average in most top clubs. Wow he scored 22 goals amazing. Give me a break Lightning. Either get a player that has the experience to do better or continue experimenting with players in positions we aren't strong in. Vela won't play as RW in our current squad so where else do you propose to put him?

wedward

Lol. Who said anything about buying cheap? I don't want Vela because I think we can do better than Vela.

Suen

Eh, there are physical qualities that Giroud possesses which Vela would lack. It's a big part of our game, especially in the first half of the season there.
I'll agree on that, his physical attributes are better but how much does this matter when we insist on playing attractive and preferrably fast attacking football? We need someone fast, someone quick in response and Giroud clearly lacks this. Do none of you find it strange that he often is the one that fucks up our build up play because he can't keep up with our wingers except when it comes to score a goal?

Comparing Adnan and Sterling to those U-21s today, those 2 are clearly a level ahead.

Yep. The closest from the u21s that I've seen to Adnan is Wilson. The only problem is that as a striker he gets isolated. The other players aren't nearly as consistent as Januzaj was at u21 level.

I have high hopes for Janko, but they need to start playing him at rb. That's the only position I can ever see him making it at United and it's his natural position too. He does well in attack at u21 level because he's much stronger and faster than the rest of the players. That advantage will soon disappear as he gets older and he will get found out at rw.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom