• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suen

Lol. Who said anything about buying cheap? I don't want Vela because I think we can do better than Vela.
We can yes and there are much better options but I'm not so sure how much we're willing to spend (especially with Wenger). I'm keeping Vela as one of the last options or perhaps as a backup to add more depth (but we would waste his time, better to let him develop at another club then)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Some familiar faces are here tonight

Bnn64egIAAEYV_W.jpg

Bnn2X-IIEAAX5nm.jpg

Bnn1ik5IQAE_DLC.jpg

Bnn0-G7IIAE1pCa.jpg

Bnn4zCXIcAE_50F.jpg

Vicente del Bosque

BnnwAAcIAAEu0Wg.jpg

Bnnz2riIAAAXHk4.jpg

Marry can watch both ends of the pitch simultaneously
3AQmK.gif

Barzul

Lol. Who said anything about buying cheap? I don't want Vela because I think we can do better than Vela.

For the wing? I'm not so sure, not that that price anyway.

Signing Vela gives us the chance to splurge on a striker. I'm hoping for a summer of
Marshall, Aurier, Schneiderin, Vela, Cavani. It's not impossible. Just very un-Arsenal. then again, signing Ozil was incredibly un-Arsenal.

Meier

Marin being subbed out? I'm watching with the Spanish commentators from ESPN Deportes. Did he get hurt or something?

Suen

Signing Vela gives us the chance to splurge on a striker. I'm hoping for a summer of
Marshall, Aurier, Schneiderin, Vela, Cavani. It's not impossible. Just very un-Arsenal. then again, signing Ozil was incredibly un-Arsenal.
Cavani would be a dream come true. Never happening.

wedward

We don't need another RW.

We have Theo, Ox and Gnabry.

Lightning

Banned
I'm sorry for not being satisfied with a player that would be ranked below average in most top clubs. Wow he scored 22 goals amazing. Give me a break Lightning. Either get a player that has the experience to do better or continue experimenting with players in positions we aren't strong in. Vela won't play as RW in our current squad so where else do you propose to put him?
No one is satisfied with Giroud. It's the Vela would be better crap that's the issue.

I don't want to put Vela anywhere. Hes not needed. We need quality not more numbers of okay quality. Our forward needs to be above Giroud and much above Vela.

Barzul

No one is satisfied with Giroud. It's the Vela would be better crap that's the issue.

I don't want to put Vela anywhere. Hes not needed. We need quality not more numbers of okay quality. Our forward needs to be above Giroud and much above Vela.

If you had watched majority of Real Soceidad's game this season it'd be one thing. But I honestly think you're forming your conclusions based on preconceived notions from his time here. He scored 15 goals and assisted 11 playing mostly from the wing and has been in regular starter in their CL games. Vela would be more productive than Gnabry for example, he can go on loan somewhere and develop. We can depend less on players like Rosciky.

Suen

I suggested a decent player (for very cheap) because I don't believe we're willing to spend the money to attract the best. I'll be surprised if we'll throw a huge Özil-sum (or even larger one) again. It doesn't necessarily mean there aren't any great FW for a lower price, there are promising strikers abroad but they might not deliver expected results right away. In worst case it will be like Soldado's situation for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom