• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peco

Bn8iZuVCQAEja-S.jpg:large

lol

shit.

We'll get the scudetto. fuck the world

Scudetto would be nice but I'd gladly take second place, we need to get back in the CL more than anything. It's where our club belongs.

All things considered, this could be positive for Milan. I know Galliano and Berluscone are probably furious right now but I really hope they decide to keep Seedorf. I believe in him.

So do I man. I think he did really well with what he had to work with. We were in 11th place when he took over, and we missed out on Europe by only one point. He made mistakes but he showed managerial talent for sure IMO and we should give him another shot.

Lightning

Banned
The automatic CL spot for the winners will make it a much more attractive prospect.
Yeah, any team not already guaranteed to be near the top of their league will have to give their all to win it.

For example it's Fiorentina, Inter, Tottenham, Everton etc... best chance at CL qualification since finishing in the top 3 and top 4 respectively for those teams is always going to be bloody hard.

Suen

They all say they want to be in it and then field a B-team...It's always like that

Parma has a decent team and they will have Sansone back..Defence and midfield need improvements tough
Getting Sansone will be great if Donadoni actually use him and give him lots of playtime. Defence definitely needs improvement, Paletta is solid but Lucarelli, despite his amazing season, is only getting older. Though Cassani sometimes have decent performances I don't have faith in him to keep up and we can do better than him (but he would be ok as a backup). Felipe should go out, he's useless.

Midfield is also bad, Acquah has been really good. Galloppa is also ok. Parolo, and especially Marchionni need to go. Obi can fuck off to Inter again, he does nothing, dead weight.

We definitely need a striker up there. Sansone will help but I'd like to have another one for more depth. I definitely do not want to see Amauri or Palladino up there next season.

Also, perhaps it's time to bring Sotiris Ninis and see how he does. He looks promising.

Anyway there's more to say but for the ones I want surely out of the team:

Amauri
Palladino
Marchionni
Parolo
Felipe
Obi

Probably some others. I'm not really expecting us to be able to compete in two competitions in the long run, even if we have players we don't have the necessary quality, still it is good to be back in Europe and perhaps it's a sign of better things to come for the club.

Congrats Parma/Suen
Thank you! Hope you guys do better next season, it's not a pretty sight to see Milan in its current state.

and Timu don't take it personally. I love you but this was meant to happen. I'd sympathize with if you weren't competing with us since we're clubs of similar (midtable) quality but both of us did extrodinary well this season. I hope Torino can build on this next season even if you lose
you will
your best player(s).

Herr K

Banned
Scudetto would be nice but I'd gladly take second place, we need to get back in the CL more than anything. It's where our club belongs.

So do I man. I think he did really well with what he had to work with. We were in 11th place when he took over, and we missed out on Europe by only one point. He made mistakes but he showed managerial talent for sure IMO and we should give him another shot.
He won us our first derby in years! #KeepDorf

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Yeah, any team not already guaranteed to be near the top of their league will have to give their all to win it.

For example it's Fiorentina, Inter, Tottenham, Everton etc... best chance at CL qualification since finishing in the top 3 and top 4 respectively for those teams is always going to be bloody hard.

Indeed. The top 3 in Italy will be EXTREMELY fucking hard to crack. (Juve, Roma and Napoli)

Feorax

I see cards against humanity has decided Hillsborough is fair game for mockery.

I'm torn. I've never thought of myself as some over-sensitive killjoy, but at the same time, it would be hypocritical of me to let something like that slide whilst condemning others for mocking the tragedy.

FWIW, it's not just a Liverpool thing, I'd feel the same if it were mocking Munich or Heysel disasters too.

Blablurn

Oh shit.

Some hot rumors coming up.

Mandzukic and Schweini wanted to challenge Pep.
Schweini just came to Berlin to please the sponsors.

Gambit

Oh shit.

Some hot rumors coming up.

Mandzukic and Schweini wanted to challenge Pep.
Schweini just came to Berlin to please the sponsors.

where you getting that from? gotta read it.

I did read somewhere hat Schweini suggested Mandzu against Real and convinced Pep. But because Mandzu (and the rest of the team) played like shit, he was in the doghouse. Wonder if the fallout will hit Schweini, too.

What happened to her eye?!

Did she come across Chris Brown?

She was in dc's bathroom

L1NETT

I'm torn. I've never thought of myself as some over-sensitive killjoy, but at the same time, it would be hypocritical of me to let something like that slide whilst condemning others for mocking the tragedy.

FWIW, it's not just a Liverpool thing, I'd feel the same if it were mocking Munich or Heysel disasters too.

There are holocaust cards, Virgina Tech Massacre Cards, Eugenics cards, AIDS cards, KKK cards, rape cards

If there was a 56 card I would admit it was in poor taste.

But poor taste and cards against humanity are kinda the same thing.

Dunno

DominoKid

well it's Cards Against Humanity. i'd expect nothing less.

Feorax

There are holocaust cards, Virgina Tech Massacre Cards, Eugenics cards, AIDS cards, KKK cards, rape cards

If there was a 56 card I would admit it was in poor taste.

But poor taste and cards against humanity are kinda the same thing.

Dunno

Yeah, I get that it's kind of their thing. I dunno, it just doesn't sit right with me.

Their argument is that it's "historical", so it's fair game. I don't buy into that though, especially given everything that has happened over the last 18 months or so, and given the inquests are going on as we speak. It's probably as raw as it's been in some time.

bud

Why would he want to leave City wtf

maybe he actually wants to play every week. he could've just chosen to sit on the bench and keep making dough that way, and i wouldn't even have blamed him--he probably earns a lot of money.

i'm not a fan of him as a player, but this is a class move if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom