• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linius

Euro U17 means nothing. Russia has won them twice in the last decade and not a single decent player emerged from either of those teams. :(

There's a talented young Ajax player in the squad (two actually) by the name of Nouri. It's likely he's going to make his debut for the first team next year if he keeps playing like he did this season. Other than that I couldn't give a rats ass. We won the U21 Euros twice and we didn't win anything with the first national team :(

I still think us not qualifying for EL is a blessing in disguise.

Congrats Parma, have fun losing in the qualifier match this summer and cost Serie A more coefficient points.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

TORINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

Congrats Milan on not qualifying to Bukkake league, you don't need that shit.

Bn8ZDQ5CEAA_Pwk.jpg:large

And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuuu <3

jxnYHV1WEBzuq.png

Suen

OH MY GOD I'M DEAD!!! THAT KILLED ME.

Justice served for that dive. Fuck off Torino.

Timu go live in Juve's shadows again :looooool

Are you joking?

The last time an italian team won and reached the final was in 1999..Liverpool won it in 2001 and Fulham and Middlesbough reached the final aswell

Having 3+ teams desperate to just be in it says more than the lacklustre attempts that your big teams make to win it

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
OH MY GOD I'M DEAD!!! THAT KILLED ME.

Justice served for that dive. Fuck off Torino.

Timu go live in Juve's shadows again :looooool

Parma REALLY deserved Europe this season, and I'm sure you'll do better in EL than a dismantled Torino

Amauri really hates Milan for some (misguided) reason.

Join us Milan in the we're too good for European football club. The only way to get into that club is to have a GOAT manager like Moyes and Allegri. Liverpool were kicked out of the club btw.

Are you joking?

The last time an italian team won and reached the final was in 1999..Liverpool won it in 2001 and Fulham and Middlesbough reached the final aswell

Having 3+ teams desperate to just be in it says more than the lacklustre attempts that your big teams make to win it

Over here there are numerous teams who'd rather be out of Europe altogether

We will make almost as much money doing the friendly tour in the USA this summer as we would have made if we played in the EL and got to the final. We would have had to cancel that tour if we qualified for EL. Again, blessing in disguise.

I think Serie A as a whole suffers from Parma's qualification more than Milan does, Parma will do nothing in the EL. Their squad just has nowhere near enough depth to compete in two competitions.

They are desperate to be in it but they don't do anything once they qualify. I will be surprised if Parma wins the qualifier match, and I will be utterly amazed if they make it out of their group. They will probably bring back some of their 500 players they have out on loan, throw them on the field and call it an EL squad.

I have a soft spot for Parma though, hopefully they put some effort and avoid embarrassing Serie A.

Suen

Immediate post-match trolling on here doesn't sit well with me
You don't understand Serie A gaf. Timurid would have done the same to us. We all love each other, but if Torino went to EL then it would have been through cheating. They dived at the end, they can fuck off.

I still think us not qualifying for EL is a blessing in disguise.

Congrats Parma, have fun losing in the qualifier match this summer and cost Serie A more coefficient points.
Thanks and fuck off <3

Congrats Parma.

Timu explain why.... Missed key penalty? Wish Arteta took it.

Congrats Parma, congrats Suen. Great season for you guys. Please don't suck next season, kthxbye.
Thanks!

Parma REALLY deserved Europe this season, and I'm sure you'll do better in EL than a dismantled Torino

Amauri really hates Milan for some (misguided) reason.
Yurt <3. Although I'm not that satisfied with our season (we dropped many points against smaller teams) I'm proud of what we've achieved. Hopefully this will help us a bit in chasing some players.

Lightning

Banned
We will make almost as much money doing the friendly tour in the USA this summer as we would have made if we played in the EL and got to the final. We would have had to cancel that tour if we qualified for EL. Again, blessing in disguise.

I think Serie A as a whole suffers from Parma's qualification more than Milan does, Parma will do nothing in the EL. Their squad just has nowhere near enough depth to compete in two competitions.

They are desperate to be in it but they don't do anything once they qualify. I will be surprised if Parma wins the qualifier match, and I will be utterly amazed if they make it out of their group. They will probably bring back some of their 500 players they have out on loan, throw them on the field and call it an EL squad.

I have a soft spot for Parma though, hopefully they put some effort and avoid embarrassing Serie A.
Except the winner of the EL gets a guaranteed CL spot. Now you gotta do it the hard way.

cremino

They all say they want to be in it and then field a B-team...It's always like that

Parma has a decent team and they will have Sansone back..Defence and midfield need improvements tough

Dark Rider

so everyone lets review and discuss our leagues

In order to stay alive and avoid relegation in all the major leagues:

in Spain you need 40 points

in England you need 34 points

in Italy you need 33 points

in Germany you need 28 points

Parma has a decent team and they will have Sansone back..Defence and midfield need improvements tough

Parma has a more than decent team IMO . . . the problem is squad depth. They are going to have to make choices next season between doing well in the EL and doing well in Serie A, and they will choose Serie A every time.

It's called the Udinese syndrome. And it's why Portugal is ahead of Serie A in the coefficient rankings.

Dark Rider

I'll quote myself for the new page :p

Arsenal manager Arsène Wenger will sign a new contract imminently after his side overcame Hull City 3-2 in Saturday's FA Cup final at Wembley Stadium.
Wenger's current deal is due to expire in the close season and when he was asked if he would sign a new one in the days ahead, he replied: "That normally should happen, yes."
Pressed as to whether the circumstances were sufficiently "normal" for him to sign a new deal, he said: "We are in very normal circumstances now. It was never a question of leaving. It was a question of doing the right job for this club." It is understood that he will be given a £100million transfer budget.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...ene-Wenger-ready-to-confirm-new-contract.html

100 million
kreygasm.png

Peco

All things considered, this could be positive for Milan. I know Galliano and Berluscone are probably furious right now but I really hope they decide to keep Seedorf. I believe in him.

cremino

Parma has a more than decent team IMO . . . the problem is squad depth. They are going to have to make choices next season between doing well in the EL and doing well in Serie A, and they will choose Serie A every time.

It's called the Udinese syndrome. And it's why Portugal is ahead of Serie A in the coefficient rankings.

Parma seems a bit more ambitious than Udinese in my opinion

Elchele

there are less teams in Germany, so less matches and less points. But yeah, this season the bar was very low.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom