• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

I think it could have been a mixture of nervousness and arrogance. No reason that Hull should acclimatise to a final so quickly and Arsenal's team of internationals don't, and that's all down to nerves.

And I'm not. But if one player was that confident beforehand, who is to say there can't have been more?

Because most of the other players were there when we lost in the cup final. The others are a bit more mature.

Sanogo is a 19 year old form ligue 2.

Salvadora

Didn't think Ramsey was as good as he usually is.

Some fantastic passes and that goal, but he was unusually wasteful.
Playing Liverpool and Chelsea away is an entirely different prospect to Hull on neutral ground. Add into the equation tweets like Sanogo's and it's not hard to see how arrogance could be a reason.
Of course they are different prospects :looool, but I was meaning that exactly the same thing happened. Like, seriously. We could have been 3 down in 10 minutes, easily. Nothing of what I saw looked like arrogance, it looked like they hadn't even fucking turned up.

Sanogo is a looney toon.

Wilbur

Banned
Just imagine if Saints got to the final and I had to work.

I'd probably quit.

Because most of the other players were there when we lost in the cup final. The others are a bit more mature.

Sanogo is a 19 year old form ligue 2.

Sczcseshuzzly is a tool. Wilshere is a fucker. Giroud bangs women that aren't his wife before big games. Arteta is senile.

dat maturity

Of course they are different prospects :looool, but I was meaning that exactly the same thing happened. Like, seriously. We could have been 3 down in 10 minutes, easily. Nothing of what I saw looked like arrogance, it looked like they hadn't even fucking turned up.

Sanogo is a looney toon.

Might not have turned up out of arrogance innit

Let me play devil's advocate Salva PLS, I need that hadareud fury to jerk tonight

bud

arrogance wasn't the reason; insecurity and awful defending was. i understand why certain managers go for zonal marking at corners, but man-marking seems so much easier to do, and to understand for all these players. if you just tell player a to follow player x, then that's the end of it. if player x scores, it's player a's fault.

Marc

Guys, question for the Souls fans. I am on the homestretch for the Demon Souls game, just got a few levels left and spent most of the time soul farming lately so been tearing through the levels now. Except for the 1st world end boss, fuck that guy, and why couldn't the archstone thingy be right outside his door... not behind 50 enemies.

Anyway, I have been thinking of jumping straight to Dark Souls 2. I really can't be bothered to play Dark Souls or pay for it tbh, if I got it on PS+ then yeah maybe but don't really have time/energy to play two games. Is it ok to skip ahead to Dark Souls 2? Or really recommended to play the first one? Might wait for a combo pack for sale if so.

A midfield of Henderson and Milner in front of Gerrard.

Turbo charged engines.

Get the Liverpool players giving him some encouragement in the England camp.

That is... a truly awful midfield. No intelligence whatsoever.

I am all for English players, but when they are good and can do the job. That would get torn apart by any half decent midfield.

It would be like my Z choice for an England midfield, I think I could actually name 20+ better midfielders I would prefer.

Why has Milner suddenly become good to some people, did I fall into an alternative reality or something? He shouldn't even be in the squad, Adam Johnson was way better along with a bunch of others.

bud

The worst thing about Zonal Marking is that it makes every goal you concede look humiliating.

there were a bunch of arsenal players standing still, and waiting for the ball whereas hull's players came rushing towards goal when the corner was taken. as the defending side, you're always at a disadvantage that way.

valeo

Has been the same since he came back from injury; was woeful on the final day of the league as well but still scored a great goal then too.

Thing is; he always pops up in the box at the right time. That is an important trait to have.

Guys, question for the Souls fans. I am on the homestretch for the Demon Souls game, just got a few levels left and spent most of the time soul farming lately so been tearing through the levels now. Except for the 1st world end boss, fuck that guy, and why couldn't the archstone thingy be right outside his door... not behind 50 enemies.

Anyway, I have been thinking of jumping straight to Dark Souls 2. I really can't be bothered to play Dark Souls or pay for it tbh, if I got it on PS+ then yeah maybe but don't really have time/energy to play two games. Is it ok to skip ahead to Dark Souls 2? Or really recommended to play the first one? Might wait for a combo pack for sale if so.

Better to skip the second one. Not a patch on Dark Souls, especially with the expansion dlc included.

Facism

Gold Member
I just wanna know if he Can

If anyone can, Emre Can.

Can, you be serious?

You guys should commentate for the fifa games, they always gets the C wrong, too :p

They are both amazing games and you couldn't go wrong with either. There's not a lot of crossover, story-wise. The mechanics are subtly different between them. You're ok to skip ahead if time and effort are a concern.

Suen

what happened. did someone ded
Dunno about Totti crying but the Torino player was Cerci crying. Don't feel sorry for him, he's a cunt. It's like feeling sorry for Terry crying because he couldn't fuck someone's wife
ok he's nowhere near being a JT but still

He took a penalty in the last minute and stuff happened, too lazy to explain so read this page

Marc

Better to skip the second one. Not a patch on Dark Souls, especially with the expansion dlc included.

They are both amazing games and you couldn't go wrong with either. There's not a lot of crossover, story-wise. The mechanics are subtly different between them. You're ok to skip ahead if time and effort are a concern.

Ouch, really? Need to look into it a bit more I guess.

I suppose Dark Souls 2 might come out on PS4 so may be better to wait.

Dark Souls 1 would be cheaper at least so can't really go wrong... hmm....

Facism

Gold Member
Ouch, really? Need to look into it a bit more I guess.

I suppose Dark Souls 2 might come out on PS4 so may be better to wait.

Dark Souls 1 would be cheaper at least so can't really go wrong... hmm....

For what it's worth, i think Dark Souls 1 is the better game, even though they're both great.

It's like picking between Wilburs belly or his arse, they're both hairless so you can't go wrong.

Wilbur

Banned
For what it's worth, i think Dark Souls 1 is the better game, even though they're both great.

It's like picking between Wilburs belly or his arse, they're both hairless so you can't go wrong.

Well what are you picking it for?

To rub and cuddle in the night? Go for belly, I purr

To stick things (penises, fingers, vegetables) in? Go for anus. I purr.

Wilbur

Banned
SZH didn't play you berk.

Wilshere came on at 2-1.

Giroud is french so it is allowed.

They're part of the squad, training all week. The arrogance could has shown its face on the training pitch.

I don't think going 2-0 down was entirely due to nerves. It was carelessness, born out of arrogance/not being switched on/playing shit out of laziness. Whatever it was, it wasn't just nerves.

wedward

They're part of the squad, training all week. The arrogance could has shown its face on the training pitch.

I don't think going 2-0 down was entirely due to nerves. It was carelessness, born out of arrogance/not being switched on/playing shit out of laziness. Whatever it was, it wasn't just nerves.

Ok, I am just saying there is really no reasons to believe they are arrogant.

Aside from Sanogo and SHZ being kids and tweeting dumb shit the rest of the team have never appeared arrogant.

Wilbur

Banned
Ok, I am just saying there is really no reasons to believe they are arrogant.

Aside from Sanogo and SHZ being kids and tweeting dumb shit the rest of the team have never appeared arrogant.

Let me believe what I want to believe

#manutdclwinners2013/14

Wilbur

Banned
I'd honestly prefer it were arrogance.

Wenger said they were nervous playing against Man U. Arsenal were 1st and Man U were 7th and they were nervous. That is troubling.

Mm. Considering how Liverpool set out for most the season, with no fear, that's a mental thing which Wenger really needs to get a hold of. The cup win will help for sure. It gives impetus, belief, that hunger for more success.

God I can't wait for next year. Mou is gonna have extra resolve, a better Liverpool squad, the rise of Ra's, Pellegrini who will get a better defence of the title than that cunt Mancini, trophy winning Wenger

if only Sherwood had stayed

Salvadora

Arrogance is at least somewhat understandable compared to the darkness that is the alternative.

United away was one of our worst defeats, in context.

Wilbur

Banned
River won the league :lol

pls explain why this is funny to those that don't live in avocado land

Arrogance is at least somewhat understandable compared to the darkness that is the alternative.

United away was one of our worst defeats, in context.

Indeed. When you look at the other teams who got a result there...

Mou will leave Chelsea before he wins another trophy.

Big words

Doesn't Simeone's son play for River? Nice weekend for them.

LvG tmrw and Shaw within the week. Wonderful week coming up for the fans of the worlds greatest club.

Barzul

Playing Liverpool and Chelsea away is an entirely different prospect to Hull on neutral ground. Add into the equation tweets like Sanogo's and it's not hard to see how arrogance could be a reason.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Sanogo runs that twitter account after hearing him in interviews, don't think he has that firm a command of English yet.

Salvadora

I find it incredibly hard to believe that Sanogo runs that twitter account after hearing him in interviews, don't think he has that firm a command of English yet.
On the other hand, we now know that he's mental enough to have one that makes those sort of comments.

Could see him becoming somewhat of a cult figure at Arsenal after watching him post-match.

Clegg

We've been hearing that LvG will sign 'soon' for the last two weeks.

Hold up is probably the make up of his coaching staff. Giggs still hasn't made his mind up.

Herr K

Banned
Guys, what happened to Pulga? I haven't seen him posting lately? Are we sure he's not being anally stimulated by an older Italian gentleman?

Wilbur

Banned
I think Pulga is dead

He hasn't been in whatsapp all day either

Maybe he's just busy

No I think he's dead

Doesn't Simeone's son play for River? Nice weekend for them.

LvG tmrw and Shaw within the week. Wonderful week coming up for the fans of the worlds greatest club.

Can't wait. The revolution will be televised (thanks sky)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom