• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

The cup win will help for sure. It gives impetus, belief, that hunger for more success.

God I can't wait for next year. Mou is gonna have extra resolve, a better Liverpool squad, the rise of Ra's, Pellegrini who will get a better defence of the title than that cunt Mancini, trophy winning Wenger

if only Sherwood had stayed

I am hoping they will finally have some confidence and belief.

Next season is going to be spectacular. The top of the table is going to be insane.

Clegg

Shaw looks like its done.

But then again, so have other United transfers in the past which ended in cock ups. Seems like this one is pretty far along now though.

jtb

Banned
I am hoping they will finally have some confidence and belief.

Next season is going to be spectacular. The top of the table is going to be insane.

I'm worried we have too many holes with players leaving in the summer, we'll have to buy a lot of players just to maintain our current level, let alone move forward.

we need like 5 or 6 quality signings and I have no idea if Wenger is capable of pulling that off. especially with the World Cup coming up

I'd be very surprised if Van Gaal and Shaw aren't announced in a fortnight. I can see Van Gaal being presented this week (or tomorrow) and Shaw shortly after and probably another big signing before the start of the WC.

Really hoping Holland does well and maybe some of their guys will come over to play under Van Gaal. But we'll probably fuck up 90% of the signings we're linked to.

Elchele

Do not doubt our resident ITK vulva

Seriously, I think it's done before the world cup. So we can push on with transfers ASAP. Shaw at least, gotta get that wrapped up.

you don't need to announce it to make it real. The deal is most likely already done, but they won't announce it until the WC is done or Holland are eliminated

Wilbur

Banned
Well, England and USA are not going to get past groups so I'm gonna need someone to root for. Also, De Gae will be benched the whole tourney so there's really no point in hoping Spain does well.

I usually have a few favourites at the WC - Mexico, Italy, Holland - after England. Same applies here, I think. I really like Chile as well.

England and Holland might be going out at the same time.

Believe, my love. LVG and Vidal will fucking do Spain.

Clegg

Being a bit presumptuous about Southampton even accepting the bid though. If United are willing to bid 27m as an opening offer you'd be foolish to not try and eke a bit more out of them.

I'm not going to say Shaw is done because I thought Thiago was done.

I think Viva is right. Spain and Chileh will finish above the Oranjeh.

GorillaJu

Well, England and USA are not going to get past groups so I'm gonna need someone to root for. Also, De Gae will be benched the whole tourney so there's really no point in hoping Spain does well.

Do you guys remember Kermit

I accused him of making childish insults at De Gea because he always wrote "Gae" and I thought he was doing it on purpose. Turns out it was just autocorrect.

Well I definitely wouldn't put that kind of pettiness past him :lol

arkon

After England not really bothered who wins. Just as long as they've done it in the right way.

edit:

I accused him of making childish insults at De Gea because he always wrote "Gae" and I thought he was doing it on purpose. Turns out it was just autocorrect.

You're saying that's him? Reported.

K1LLER7

Being a bit presumptuous about Southampton even accepting the bid though. If United are willing to bid 27m as an opening offer you'd be foolish to not try and eke a bit more out of them.
Doubt it will go up any more. Plus wouldn't a bad World Cup potentially have the chance of lowering his price?

Wilbur

Banned
Cheering LvG and RVP at the world cup is going to be painful. Not sure I can do it.

Embrace the little boy inside you.

I'm not going to say Shaw is done because I thought Thiago was done.

I think Viva is right. Spain and Chileh will finish above the Oranjeh.

Yeah I think so too, been saying it for ages. One of my managers is a dutchie, he bet me thirty quid that Spain go out in the groups. Gimme sumdat

wedward

I'm worried we have too many holes with players leaving in the summer, we'll have to buy a lot of players just to maintain our current level, let alone move forward.

we need like 5 or 6 quality signings and I have no idea if Wenger is capable of pulling that off. especially with the World Cup coming up

Don't think Wenger will let Vermalen leave.

Replace Sagna with Aurier. Vela/Milner. Striker. DM. Backup keeper.

Striker is really the only one I could see us struggling with. Aurier won't shut the hell up about Arsenal so that should be a done deal. I think Schneiderlin is realistic. Love if we go for Martines or Bender, but i'll be happy with Schneiderlin. Keeper i'm not worried about.

Clegg

Doubt it will go up any more. Plus wouldn't a bad World Cup potentially have the chance of lowering his price?
I don't think a bad tournament would do much to change his value tbh. United want him badly as the opening bid shows. They'll want this sorted before the WC starts though.

Shaw may not even play that much. Baines is the starting left back for this tournament.

Hah. Wrote it from my phone since my computer is out of commission and just botched his name. :lol Nothing but love for our keeper!

K1LLER7

England will go past group stages. My guess is they'll get to the QFs.

Brazil seem to step it up when playing IN Brazil. At the moment, I wouldn't say they'll win it, but Neymar and the other players usually decide to turn up when playing for the national team.

it was just, banter

/keysey

P.S - anyone got the vine link for that little snippet?

Shaw isn't even gonna play at the World Cup unless Baines is injured
One of the journos was saying Woy sees Shaw as first choice. Probably not true...but it could be.

Salvadora

Don't think Wenger will let Vermalen leave.

Replace Sagna with Aurier. Vela/Milner. Striker. DM. Backup keeper.

Striker is really the only one I could see us struggling with. Aurier won't shut the hell up about Arsenal so that should be a done deal. I think Schneiderlin is realistic. Love if we go for Martines or Bender, but i'll be happy with Schneiderlin. Keeper i'm not worried about.
Having only three centre backs (and only two I trust) worries me greatly.

It's a disaster waiting to happen.

England will go past group stages. My guess is they'll get to the QFs.

Uruguay and Italy are going to be real tough matches. I mean even Costa Rica isn't a free 3 points after last WC's disappointing draw against Algeria and they haven't looked all that great recently but ya never know.

Clegg

All this WC annoys me because we're not in it.

Then I remember Euro 2012 and think maybe that isn't such a bad thing after all.

Wilbur

Banned
19 wins from 19 home games.
33 wins out of 38 games.
102 points.
A European top 10 leagues record.

Wow.

Even if you do think Serie A is weak, that's still a hell of an achievement. When I said congrats to Roma earlier, they've finished second on a point less than City won the league with. They've done great this season.

Forza Roma.

Forza Juve.

Conte come to us. Bring Vidal with you.

sohois

England won't even get past the group stage.

People seem to be seriously overrating the Uruguay squad, presumably after recent strong international performances. But their squad is pretty awful. A bunch of their core players from the last WC are now into their mid-30s and heavily declining, like Forlan, Lugano and Rios. Meanwhile none of the youngsters have managed anything, like Coates, Ramirez and Lodeiro.

Their team is Suarez and Cavani and pretty much nothing else. And Cavani performs poorly for them and Suarez was dead for the last month of the PL. Aside from those 2 and maybe Godin, none of their players wold make the England squad.

Wilbur

Banned
I think we have a better squad than Uruguay. But Tabarez is class, and they'll be better under the conditions. They go through.

It's us or Italy who drop out, and I think it'll be us.

Rikkun

19 wins from 19 home games.
33 wins out of 38 games.
102 points.
A European top 10 leagues record.

Wow.
YES

Even if you do think Serie A is weak, that's still a hell of an achievement. When I said congrats to Roma earlier, they've finished second on a point less than City won the league with. They've done great this season.

Forza Roma.
NO

Forza Juve.
YES

Conte come to us. Bring Vidal with you.
NONONO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom