• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot21| Get a refund.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

i2reuGRX2qaQa.gif
iba929Hl1dVejz.gif
ibnl5Pf1c927cP.gif

iKfGzVRgT7oe4.gif
iKFQ0FFEMxjYh.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyway, I have been thinking of jumping straight to Dark Souls 2. I really can't be bothered to play Dark Souls or pay for it tbh, if I got it on PS+ then yeah maybe but don't really have time/energy to play two games. Is it ok to skip ahead to Dark Souls 2? Or really recommended to play the first one? Might wait for a combo pack for sale if so.

DON'T DO THAT. Dark Souls is arguably the best of the three, and both of them are WAAAAAY better than Dark Souls 2 IMO.

having said that, Dark Souls 2 is still better than most games out there.

19 wins from 19 home games.
33 wins out of 38 games.
102 points.
A European top 10 leagues record.

Wow.

Even if you do think Serie A is weak, that's still a hell of an achievement. When I said congrats to Roma earlier, they've finished second on a point less than City won the league with. They've done great this season.

Forza Roma.

Forza Juve.

Conte come to us. Bring Vidal with you.
It's nice to see someone give us some credit for a change <3<3

and of course it's Wilbur

the least premface on GAF

it's a monstrous achievement, the top 7 10 in Italy is really scary as hell this season.

This has been the most prolific Serie A campaign since 1951-52 with a grand total 1,035 goals &#8211; an average of 2.7 per game

Lightning

Banned
We're going down
Welp. I fear that too...

On a side note complacency was at fault for our start to the Hull game. This Arsenal team is incredibly arrogant and naive. It's not nerves, it's arrogance that tells wenger and our players that by playing our natural game we can beat any opponent regardless who they are. It cost us at Liverpool, Chelsea, Everton and almost cost us against Hull.

Dortmund away we paid the proper respect and adjusted our game accordingly, we didn't do that with the others and paid for it. Wenger is full of shit with his nervous crap. The team are up for Dortmund away but nervous for Liverpool and Everton? Give me a break. It's arrogance and tactics.

Against Hull we were arrogant. We thought we would stroll to victory, almost cost us the cup and with all those celebrations public that would have been doubly embarrassing.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I always cheer for the Dutch on the side because they're hot as fuck :lol

you had a lesser team in 2010 and still managed to reach the final.

fuenf

Is the above information correct? How is this determined? Is the following correct, if they survive the first round:

England can play:
Game 50 - June 28th at 4pm EST or
Game 52 - June 29th at 4pm EST

Germany will either play:
Game 54 - June 30th at 4pm EST or
Game 56 - July 1st at 4pm EST

Spain will either play:
Game 49 - June 28th at 12pm EST or
Game 51 - June 29th at 12pm EST

After that:
Spain could either play:
Game 57 - Winner 49 - July 04 at 4pm EST or
Game 59 - Winner 51 - July 05 at 4pm EST

that's correct. It's simply a fixed schedule. There's no redraw or reseeding, that's why they can map out the entire tournament like that.

sohois

World Cup buildup ramping up now

Hyped as fuck.

WORLD CUP BITCHES

What the fuck is Emre Can?

CM, DM, LB or RB?

He's definitely played as more of a defensive midfielder when I've seen him, though he's not a pure DM like someone like Mascherano. Whoscored suggests that most of his games have come in the midfield positions, with 7 at LB and a few left midfield.

jtb

Banned
we're linked with Remy, Milner? those would be good purchases. Vela too. cheap-ish quality reinforcements that should also leave room for a top class signing or two on top of that

Lightning

Banned
we're linked with Remy, Milner? those would be good purchases. Vela too. cheap-ish quality reinforcements that should also leave room for a top class signing or two on top of that
The ideal summer will look like this:

McCarthy to replace Fabianski
Aurier to replace Sagna
Remy and send Sanogo out on loan. He needs to play consistently, he currently sucks.
Benzema/Cavani Obviously hard to get but we need someone of that caliber.
Bender/Schneiderlin as our DM.

Vermaelen told he cannot leave.

Not that sad Fabianski is going anymore. That cup final reminded me why I never want him in goal for long periods at Arsenal. He makes me nervous, decent shot stopper, very good on penalties, decision making is horrendous and he doesn't catch crosses well. Positioning is questionable as well and his distribution isn't that good.

GorillaJu

Played some Mario Kart 8... Was fun but graphically it's so behind. It was my first experience with a Wii U - I don't understand what Nintendo was thinking with this console, but the topic is done to death already. MK8 is good, not sure it's much better than Sonic all-stars, but Sonic is fuckin great, so not too shabby an achievement there.

Gambit

Played some Mario Kart 8... Was fun but graphically it's so behind. It was my first experience with a Wii U - I don't understand what Nintendo was thinking with this console, but the topic is done to death already. MK8 is good, not sure it's much better than Sonic all-stars, but Sonic is fuckin great, so not too shabby an achievement there.

I imagine Sonic's single-player will be better, but Mario Kart's multiplayer will rule supreme.

it might just be because it's still new to see Nintendo characters in HD, but I find it looks lovely. (Then again, I am still firmly in the PS3-generation)

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Dat 3-5-2 Legacy

tumblr_mrmraff5wp1qevds0o1_400.gif

Last summer we were after wingbacks, and now we're being linked to all sorts of wingers! We're 4-3-3ing our way to victory next season Bla!

and when I say victory I mean in Italy, of course! Coppa Italia: Sogno possibile

fuenf

tumblr_mrmraff5wp1qevds0o1_400.gif

Last summer we were after wingbacks, and now we're being linked to all sorts of wingers! We're 4-3-3ing our way to victory next season Bla!

and when I say victory I mean in Italy, of course! Coppa Italia: Sogno possibile

Bild links you with Mandzukic.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Bild links you with Mandzukic.

I really rate Mario, and his workrate is immense for a striker in his position.

but I think (and I hope Juve thinks too) he's a bit too similar to Llorente! We should focus on getting two proper wingers and a left back first.

he won't be that expensive anyway, right? So, why not I guess :p

GorillaJu

I imagine Sonic's single-player will be better, but Mario Kart's multiplayer will rule supreme.

it might just be because it's still new to see Nintendo characters in HD, but I find it looks lovely. (Then again, I am still firmly in the PS3-generation)

It looks great to see the Mario characters in full HD and the levels are really beautiful. It would have been astonishing 3-5 years ago. Now it feels the same way Mario Galaxy felt in the last gen. I'm not a big graphics whore though, so I wouldn't let that element deter me. It's fun.

Jack cw

I really rate Mario, and his workrate is immense for a striker in his position.

but I think (and I hope Juve thinks too) he's a bit too similar to Llorente! We should focus on getting two proper wingers and a left back first.

he won't be that expensive anyway, right? So, why not I guess :p

True. I think Mandzukic is maybe an option for Chelsea or Arsenal. They need a decent striker.

Zabojnik

Think it depends which one(s) of our current strikers we'll sell and how much we can get for them. Spoiler: not much. Maybe for Giovinco ...

LTWheels

After playing Sonic on the PC, it killed Mario Kart 7 for me.

Now I have no interest in the Mario Kart 8.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I don't get why Sonic Transformed is so revered. It's a decent game but the actual driving is not as good as Mario Kart. The handling of the karts is all wrong.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think Mandzukic is maybe an option for Chelsea or Arsenal. They need a decent striker.
I agree!
Think it depends which one(s) of our current strikers we'll sell and how much we can get for them. Spoiler: not much. Maybe for Giovinco ...
Fuck Zabo, we're going to end up with only two strikers next season, aren't we?

Vucinic, Khal Drogo and Quag are DEFINITELY gone. And possibly Giovinco too according to his agent?

and honestly I wouldn't miss any of them :lol except for maybe Khal Drogo, for the wrong reasons.

Llorente, Tevez, Berardi, Manolo Gabbiadini and Messi sounds good to me.
Alexis Sanchez

anyway you look at it, that's mighty impressive
congrats Juve

OMG SNK2 OF ALL PEOPLE *faint*

thanks baby <3

King_Moc

Banned
After playing Sonic on the PC, it killed Mario Kart 7 for me.

Now I have no interest in the Mario Kart 8.

But Sonic's actual gameplay is worse. The kart handling is too loose and the water and air sections are just plain bad.

I agree with everyone one saying the single player is better though.

Zabojnik

True!

Fuck Zabo, we're going to end up with only two strikers next season, aren't we?

Vucinic, Khal Drogo and Quag are DEFINITELY gone. And possibly Giovinco too according to his agent?

and honestly I wouldn't miss any of them :lol except for maybe Khal Drogo, for the wrong reasons.

Llorente, Tevez, Berardi, Manolo Gabbiadini and Messi sounds good to me.
Alexis Sanchez

Mmmm, I somehow doubt we'll sell all four. It just ... doesn't seem like Marotta, you know? I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we decided to keep Osvardo, if Southampton lowers the price. Actually, if we're serious about switching to 4-3-3, and we're not, we might as well keep Giovinco. He'd shine there.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Mmmm, I somehow doubt we'll sell all four. It just ... doesn't seem like Marotta, you know? I honestly wouldn't be too surprised if we decided to keep Osvardo, if Southampton lowers the price. Actually, if we're serious about switching to 4-3-3, and we're not, we might as well keep Giovinco. He'd shine there.

there's no way we're paying Southampton 20 15 10 million for a striker we don't even need. Or at least I hope we don't......Marotta........NO

I'll forever love Seba, I'd gladly keep him around <3

4-3-3: Giovinco (or Lulic) -- Tevez (or Llorente) -- Alexis Sanchez

not bad, eh?

LTWheels

But Sonic's actual gameplay is worse. The kart handling is too loose and the water and air sections are just plain bad.

I agree with everyone one saying the single player is better though.

I don't get why Sonic Transformed is so revered. It's a decent game but the actual driving is not as good as Mario Kart. The handling of the karts is all wrong.

Disagree regarding the handling.

Anyway they are not karts in Sonic. It's very Arcade-like car racing. A bit like Blur. I really like Sonic's sense of speed and how boosting works. The weapons are better balanced than Mario as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom