• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a terrible choice, you should be ashamed.
Shut up Matthew, go back to Carcosa pls
Who added you to the doc and not me?

The tides cannot be parted by my power alone.

Not sure :lol

I just played a round offline. What the hell happened to the arenas? Why is it a raceway now?! AND WHERE'S THE ETERNAL BLOCK FOOOOOORRRTTT

Freewheelin pls. How do you not get Windu Waku?
I have it already m8!

Just checked the list of free games that you can claim with MK8.

Pikmin 3, The Wind Waker HD, The Wonderful 101 or Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate.

Nope, NintendoLand.

Freewheelin'd

Yen

Walcott says England should comfortably beat Peru. Name one Peruvian footballer, Theo. (Nobby Solano doesn't count)

noal

Banned
This is what has turned me off MK8. It seems like they have to fuck up Battle mode more and more with each new iteration. That was what I played most on any Mario Kart game :(

Also don't like the idea of not being able to pick up new items even when you have one already held out trailing behind you like bananas etc.

Yeah, battle mode on SNES version is goat. Then they got steadily worse. Handling was better as well.

Just my opinion folks.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Everyone seems to be forgetting how bad England can and have played, why are we doing this to ourselves again, i hate this country.

arkon

Yeah, battle mode on SNES version is goat. Then they got steadily worse. Handling was better as well.

Just my opinion folks.

I loved the SNES version but eventually it was the MK64 version that became the staple in our group. Only thing that was missing was the feather. Would have worked wonders on Block Fort.

FootballFan

Football Fan just raped me.

How the hell are u doing it????? I couldnt even do simple passes because 3 players from u were around me

i just lost all love for my play after getting fucked :( damn. he sucked my soul out of my body.

FF, pls answer

M8, don't feel bad. You just played a tired FF. Imagine it wasn't 5am. I would have Timurid'd you.

I have retired from online though. My record on fifa 14 for ps4 is something like 40-8-5, it's weird to complain about it but I am missing *at least(seriously) 25+ wins from quitters who make the game not count.

My record now should be more like last seasons on ps3 with Liverpool :( Fucking quitters man..

rTS0IXT.jpg

YNWA

Did he make you uck his ick?

Dat Barca DNA

LOL you guys crack me up.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
1 goal in the last 3 friendlies at Wembley, we are going to lose vs Peru aren't we?

We will if our chances fall to Wellbeck, how he is starting over Sterling, there are no words.

Hi folks. Sorry I've not been around much, been crazy busy with my new job.

I'm going to be working a lot on the World Cup thread this week. If anyone wants to help, make themselves known in here.

Basic help is filling out some team info in a format/template I make. I may have further need for help from people with stuff to do later in the weekend or over the coming week so if you're up for something beyond filling out team info/description stuff for me make mention you're potentially willing to help out further.

I'll be sending out the template for the teams tomorrow lunchtime and assigning nations to people so if you're interested let yourselves be heard soon to now-ish.

So if you're interested if you could just start a post like:

"Wes - Basic help" or "Wes - further help"

Just so I can copy names across to a spreadsheet so I can see what I've asked people to do and credit people accordingly in the OT.

Thanks,
Wes.
Wes, my dear, I'll tell you everything you need to know about the motherland.

Tc91

Took advantage of that Coral 3/1 offer for England to win.

Max bet of only £10 but it's Peru cmon, basically a free £30

Blablurn

M8, don't feel bad. You just played a tired FF. Imagine it wasn't 5am. I would have Timurid'd you.

I have retired from online though. My record on fifa 14 for ps4 is something like 40-8-5, it's weird to complain about it but I am missing *at least(seriously) 25+ wins from quitters who make the game not count.

My record now should be more like last seasons on ps3 with Liverpool :( Fucking quitters man..

rTS0IXT.jpg

YNWA

LOL you guys crack me up.

but how?

Really hope welbeck doesn't start against Italy.

That's the one he should start in tbf

Everyone seems to be forgetting how bad England can and have played, why are we doing this to ourselves again, i hate this country.

Yep. Just when it seems like there's finally some realism and careful optimism, they start the cycle of arrogance, ignorance* and assumption all over again

*ignorance of our own standard. We are capable of some mind-blowingly terrible football and. Games where we play comfortably and competently throughout are a rarity

Meier

Damn, Lewandowski's wag is a beauty.

ESPN has basically none of these friendlies on. -___- I wonder if BeIN is showing the England one...stupid $10 a month crap.

C'mon Henderson. Keep it simple, and when you go elaborate, do it properly. He was shite against Denmark, kept trying things which aren't really his game and failing to do them well.

I'd be so happy to see him force his way into the proper first 11, if only until Barkley becomes sufficiently consistent

Is this being played today because of the boxing match tomorrow? Voluntarily playing on Friday evening is stupid

FootballFan

I wish you had FIFA on PC FF, you'd probably smash me but I just want to see what your style of play is :p

Quiche forced me to buy it. For some reason though on pc there is literally around a 6 second delay. Was impossible to play.

Game would disconnect after 20 fifa minutes.

Playing online(wireless) on PS3/4 never even gets close to that.

My style is just heaps of pressing and I like to dribble/do skill moves lol.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Hi folks. Sorry I've not been around much, been crazy busy with my new job.

I'm going to be working a lot on the World Cup thread this week. If anyone wants to help, make themselves known in here.

Basic help is filling out some team info in a format/template I make. I may have further need for help from people with stuff to do later in the weekend or over the coming week so if you're up for something beyond filling out team info/description stuff for me make mention you're potentially willing to help out further.

I'll be sending out the template for the teams tomorrow lunchtime and assigning nations to people so if you're interested let yourselves be heard soon to now-ish.

So if you're interested if you could just start a post like:

"Wes - Basic help" or "Wes - further help"

Just so I can copy names across to a spreadsheet so I can see what I've asked people to do and credit people accordingly in the OT.

Thanks,
Wes.

Wes - I love you.

Wes - Do you want me to do Russia?

Wes - pls respond

Wes - I'm drunk ignore everthinG I just said

LTWheels

Check your DNS settings. Change them to Google's DNS and it should work.

I have this problem with the vita as well.

I find going into the setting and testing connection makes it work again.

But I have to do this every time in want to connect to the internet on the vita and wii u.

FootballFan

I dunno

I use 4-3-3.

Already will have 3 up front, select a mid and move him forward. Just keep covering options/pressing.

Similarly with defending, picking busquets and running back to help defend instead of pushing a CB out of position etc etc

It helps to use great teams like barca and Liverpool of course. :p

noal

Banned
I loved the SNES version but eventually it was the MK64 version that became the staple in our group. Only thing that was missing was the feather. Would have worked wonders on Block Fort.

A lot of my mates love MK64 but it just felt too different to me. It was the start of the weapons becoming more important than the actual driving.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

LTWheels

C'mon Henderson. Keep it simple, and when you go elaborate, do it properly. He was shite against Denmark, kept trying things which aren't really his game and failing to do them well.

I'd be so happy to see him force his way into the proper first 11, if only until Barkley becomes sufficiently consistent

Is this being played today because of the boxing match tomorrow? Voluntarily playing on Friday evening is stupid

Well Roy pretty much plays him as a holding midfielder which is not his game. He needs to be slightly in front of the holding player making forward runs.

Tc91

I hardly ever bet so when I do I'm nervous.

Jamie Welch ‏@JamieAWelch 19m
For those who enjoy free money Coral offer England win at 3/1. Peru haven't won for a year and their 4 best players preferred to go on hols!

England pls. PLS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom