• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

I'm kind of silly with these little details. I just like to check the date on my watch :p

But I think I'll order one anyways, fuck the date eh.
Think they look lovely and would be really nice for going with summer wear.

If only I had a spare £149 sitting around.

Poor people problems :(

Blablurn

damn, football fan. you surely can defend. i have no chance to set up my offensive plan :/ even against willkiller i managed to.

Wes

venison crêpe
Hi folks. Sorry I've not been around much, been crazy busy with my new job.

I'm going to be working a lot on the World Cup thread this week. If anyone wants to help, make themselves known in here.

Basic help is filling out some team info in a format/template I make. I may have further need for help from people with stuff to do later in the weekend or over the coming week so if you're up for something beyond filling out team info/description stuff for me make mention you're potentially willing to help out further.

I'll be sending out the template for the teams tomorrow lunchtime and assigning nations to people so if you're interested let yourselves be heard soon to now-ish.

So if you're interested if you could just start a post like:

"Wes - Basic help" or "Wes - further help"

Just so I can copy names across to a spreadsheet so I can see what I've asked people to do and credit people accordingly in the OT.

Thanks,
Wes.

Linius

damn, football fan. you surely can defend. i have no chance to set up my offensive plan :/ even against willkiller i managed to.

He has seen some catenaccio football in his days. If you watch a lot of Barca you automatically learn all kinds of defense tactics.

@LiverpoolGAF and other Premfaces

Would Liverpool have won the league with Carragher last season? We desperately miss a commanding, vocal centreback who does everything in his power to prevent goals, which is Carragher defined. On the other hand, he'd have slowed our play down and I think he needed a commanding goalkeeper to help him out, which we don't have. Plus Skrtel was our best CB (not saying much), and he'd have had to play on the left to make room for him.

Obviously there are massive hypotheticals there, but Carra was pretty good in 12/13 and our defense was dreadful last year, and cost us the league to put it simply. I'm sure he had another season in him.

Cant RD just come to pc first?

Why dont Rockstar want more money :*(

The loss of money is offset by the lols provided by PC-bellends who act like they're owed ports of everything

@Wes, I'd be happy to do any mid-tournament rundowns or anything like that since I have the final two weeks of the WC off work. Can't really help with any non-England pre-tournament stuff, as I know close to nothing about the other teams :p

If it's really basic stuff that just needs a cursory Google search, I can help though

FootballFan

Thanks m8.

I am number 4 defender in whole world.

/IRAQICITIZEN

I do get random messages online praising my defending. But no one says anything nice about how I attack lol

Ynwa

Tc91

England starting-XI vs Peru: Hart, Johnson, Jagielka, Cahill, Baines, Gerrard, Henderson, Lallana, Rooney, Welbeck, Sturridge

Boo at Welbeck. Put on Sterling.

Yeah Raheem instead of Welbz and you have a really solid team. Don't think he'll start in Brazil either, could be a really good option to come on for someone who is shagged in that heat.

No Sterling is a crime. He's better than Welbeck, and needs games to acclimatise to the England setup in time for the WC.

Fucking Roy. He's like a spectre hovering over my enjoyment of football, destroying it at Liverpool and just vaguely getting on my tits with England

Salvadora

There's 4 Liverpool players in that starting 11, be happy.

It's not like all are going to play 90 minutes and 6 substitutions are allowed.

And it's a fucking friendly.

There's 4 Liverpool players in that starting 11, be happy.

It's not like all are going to play 90 minutes and 6 substitutions are allowed.

Lambert instead of Rooney, Sterling instead of Welbeck, Lallana may as well get YNWA tattooed on his knuckles now. 7 Liverpool players. It's like Roy never left.

iw8fEJ9ZZnj5i.gif

:lol

pulga

Banned

I'm going to be working a lot on the World Cup thread this week. If anyone wants to help, make themselves known in here.

Basic help is filling out some team info in a format/template I make. I may have further need for help from people with stuff to do later in the weekend or over the coming week so if you're up for something beyond filling out team info/description stuff for me make mention you're potentially willing to help out further.

I'll be sending out the template for the teams tomorrow lunchtime and assigning nations to people so if you're interested let yourselves be heard soon to now-ish.

Just so I can copy names across to a spreadsheet so I can see what I've asked people to do and credit people accordingly in the OT.

Thanks,
Wes.

I'm down.

noal

Banned
I just played a round offline. What the hell happened to the arenas? Why is it a raceway now?! AND WHERE'S THE ETERNAL BLOCK FOOOOOORRRTTT

Pulga please add me to the doc.

Noal64. Hang on, I'm already on your friend list. Why you forsake me plug, why?

arkon

@LiverpoolGAF and other Premfaces

Would Liverpool have won the league with Carragher last season? We desperately miss a commanding, vocal centreback who does everything in his power to prevent goals, which is Carragher defined. On the other hand, he'd have slowed our play down and I think he needed a commanding goalkeeper to help him out, which we don't have. Plus Skrtel was our best CB (not saying much), and he'd have had to play on the left to make room for him.

Obviously there are massive hypotheticals there, but Carra was pretty good in 12/13 and our defense was dreadful last year, and cost us the league to put it simply. I'm sure he had another season in him.

No.

Blablurn

Football Fan just raped me.

How the hell are u doing it????? I couldnt even do simple passes because 3 players from u were around me

arkon

I just played a round offline. What the hell happened to the arenas? Why is it a raceway now?! AND WHERE'S THE ETERNAL BLOCK FOOOOOORRRTTT

This is what has turned me off MK8. It seems like they have to fuck up Battle mode more and more with each new iteration. That was what I played most on any Mario Kart game :(

Also don't like the idea of not being able to pick up new items even when you have one already held out trailing behind you like bananas etc.

FootballFan

Thanks,
Wes.

Hey Wes,

Already pm'd you other day but I'm down to help with any of the team profiles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom