• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

pulga

Banned
Godfuckindammit

g0506.ac498ffd8e53f7b86a2997b1d54d0411.jpg

Hold on to yer nipples, PoolGAF, it's gonna be a long, long, looong summer
wtzgU.gif

Marc

Buy Marc, he can play at DM in Bayern without a problem.

dbVZQ.gif

Can get me for a fiver signing on fee and only 20 grand a week, bargain of the century.

Dualshock 3 is great, love it. Got tiny hands and the xbox controllers has always felt too big to me, never got completely used to them even after playing a damn lot RDR on 360.

By the way, RELEASE RDR ON PC ALREADY R*

Must we be at odds forever!?

I love my PS3, but Xbox controllers are best... with the original Duke as the supreme winner. You people with small hands make me sick! The S version was pretty great too, I miss the black and white buttons. Need to try out the One but my local Game store doesn't even bother with it, just has the Kinect with some lame demo. It doesn't look right to me though, way too angled and straight. Dualshock 4 would be one of the best if it had concave sticks, weighter triggers and a bit bigger overall. Could have fit a decent battery in it then. Hard to go back to PS3 games after using it, luckily I am barely using my PS4... luckily.

PC gaming, just give it up man, accept consoles into your heart and experience the GOAT games. :) Infamous is so amazing looking, isn't it Woods?

Barzul

hey guys whats the news today

are arsenalgaf still pretending they dont care about francesc?
e5YuU.gif

Oh I care, there's just nothing that can be done if the club doesn't move for him. We turned him down, not the other way around. It'll be painful to see him in blue, but I'll live. We have Ramsey now.

PC gaming, just give it up man, accept consoles into your heart and experience the GOAT games. :) Infamous is so amazing looking, isn't it Woods?

I will never give up on the superior platform and I never want to play an Infamous game again. Just make a new Sly game already.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Best games are on pc, bethesda rpgs

No need for consoles

484383583-480440.jpg

Arsenal see £6m bid for Cardiff stopper David Marshall dismissed by Bluebirds

Reports suggest the Gunners have approached the Bluebirds over a move for the Scottish stopper, but have failed to come close to meeting Cardiff's asking price.

Marshall has always claimed that he wants to stay at the club despite their relegation to the Championship.

However, if either Arsenal or Tottenham - who have also been linked with a move - meet Cardiff's £15m price tag the player could make a speedy return to the Premier League.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...stopper-David-Marshall-dismissed-by-Bluebirds

Hands off, he's ours.... but for how much longer?

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Fallout 3 and Skyrim were the best games of last gen

Unless you played the buggy console versions, in which case come to PC, we are clean

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fallout 3 and Skyrim were the best games of last gen

Unless you played the buggy console versions, in which case come to PC, we are clean
I liked New Vegas more than F3!

And I don't know why but I can't stand the Oblivion games

Marc

I will never give up on the superior platform and I never want to play an Infamous game again. Just make a new Sly game already.

You'll crack, oh yes... you shall crack.

Can you spraypaint stuff on a PC? Pfft, I doubt it, excluding 5000 painting programs.

Best games are on pc, bethesda rpgs

No need for consoles

Bethesda the best RPG's? hmm... not sure I can go along with that one. Morrowind certainly but they took away all the godly things you could do with complete freedom and replaced it with boring shite.

Journey, TLoU, GTAV (meh), RDR, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls is still the best game I have seen, Dragons Dogma, God of War, Metal gear etc. So many amazing games, even bethesda games are on consoles believe it or not.

Slizz

England was lucky their friendly was yesterday and it was all overcast and breezy.

It's real Miami weather right now. The trip from my front door to truck had me sweating.

I'm surprised Chelsea are going for Fabregas instead of Rakitic. The latter got more goals & assists, is a much harder worker, more comfortable in a deeper role, was arguably the best #10 this season, and had more big game performances in the past 12 months than Cesc in the past 4 years. Have to assume Abramovich is a big fan, because the papers made it seem like Mourinho is abit apprehensive.

In the climate you lot created, 90m Euros is a joke bid

You worried about the effect their interest will have on Suarez? I reckon you'll hang on to him regardless, but you never know how players will react to being forced to stay.

He's inherently a fighter though which helps things, I guess.

Mr Cola

Can you spraypaint stuff on a PC? Pfft, I doubt it, excluding 5000 painting programs.

Bethesda the best RPG's? hmm... not sure I can go along with that one. Morrowind certainly but they took away all the godly things you could do with complete freedom and replaced it with boring shite.

Journey, TLoU, GTAV (meh), RDR, Heavy Rain, Beyond Two Souls is still the best game I have seen, Dragons Dogma, God of War, Metal gear etc. So many amazing games, even bethesda games are on consoles believe it or not.

My love for RPG's is too much, its very hard for me to enjoy single player games with mechanics that ive seen time and time again, especially games where the story is the main asset, which in most of those games you listed it is. Beth RPG's give hundreds of hours of content and allow you, after the tutorial, to go in any direction and test your fate, that is what gaming is to me. Every now and then ill get into a Bioshock and love the shit out of it, but mostly, other than fifa, I need open world and sandbox games to keep me going. Watch Dogs is the exception to this because its not a sandbox game, its an abomination.

bud

imagine being a real madrid fan.

"oh no suarez isn't coming guess we'll just have to settle with benzema"
"oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck we might not win our TENTH europa cup 1 this year fuck my life when will this shit ever end"

life must be so hard.

Journey and Flower were amazing games. Those guys and gals at ThatGameCompany are a bunch of geniuses.

Meier

I think Suarez is going to end up at Madrid. If they come calling all summer, it's probably going to happen eventually. Maybe Benzema will go the other way in the transaction.

"oh fuck oh fuck oh fuck we might not win our TENTH europa cup 1 this year fuck my life when will this shit ever end"

life must be so hard.
And most of them still pick a second team to support too.

It's a sad shame.

L1NETT

I think Suarez will stay. Granted signing a contract means squat these days, but the bloke is clearly happier than he was and he also has the CL football he wanted

Madrid are obviously difficult to turn down, but my gut reckons will stick it out. Then again my gut has got a craving for shortbread biscuits recently so I wouldn't trust it

If he does want to go, Brendan needs to sort it sharpish. Can't have it hanging over the place till August 31st

You worried about the effect their interest will have on Suarez? I reckon you'll hang on to him regardless, but you never know how players will react to being forced to stay.

He's inherently a fighter though which helps things, I guess.

I'm not worried about him going on strike, but I am worried about him threatening to, and the owners not being willing to take the risk of him going through with it

He's on a long contract with apparently no relevant buyout clause, so there's no reason for us to get it done quickly unless we're already looking at potential replacements with a view to selling him

As l1nett said, the nightmare scenario is him throwing his toys out the pram at the end of August, with no time to replace him and £90m in the bank

Mr Cola

Be interesting to see what the intentions are with Liverpool next season, whether they will think, with their current squad, they can maintain their standing in the league or whether they will spend big and go for the top prize. Its going to be a lot harder for them to blitz teams when everyone in the premier league is going to Chelsea them away from home. Hard to know if they are comfortable with the top 4 and slowly build or whether they are after title challenges again.

Marc

My love for RPG's is too much, its very hard for me to enjoy single player games with mechanics that ive seen time and time again, especially games where the story is the main asset, which in most of those games you listed it is. Beth RPG's give hundreds of hours of content and allow you, after the tutorial, to go in any direction and test your fate, that is what gaming is to me. Every now and then ill get into a Bioshock and love the shit out of it, but mostly, other than fifa, I need open world and sandbox games to keep me going. Watch Dogs is the exception to this because its not a sandbox game, its an abomination.

RPG's are my favourite too, although third person action is very close... the content is ridiculous. Even some of the lesser games like Two Worlds 2 gave me more than my moneys worth. Check out Dragons Dogma if you haven't, getting into the Souls games currently but doesn't seem like a game for purely Bethesda fans.

I'll play pretty much any game as long as it is well received, I haven't played Nintendo games for so long, felt like I outgrew them in the sense they were no longer appealing to me. Missed out on a lot because of that but hey ho, would need to find the extra time.

Journey and Flower were amazing games. Those guys and gals at ThatGameCompany are a bunch of geniuses.

Yeah, I liked Flower but not in the same class for me.

Probably because Journey was one of my best gaming memories, it was a game I could play in front of my daughter and she was entranced. She sat with my for like 3 hours, barely moved until I got to the point on the sliding sands and you see that light from the 'cave'... we both sat up and let out a little "wow".

Any news on that coming to PS4 yet? 1080p of that game will blow minds.

Jarnet87

England was lucky their friendly was yesterday and it was all overcast and breezy.

It's real Miami weather right now. The trip from my front door to truck had me sweating.

Forecast for Saturday is thunderstorms, one of the reasons I decided not to get a ticker for the game against Honduras.

Tubie

Tomorrow Orange is the new black season 2

Fucking loved season 1, even though it went from gritty prison drama to slightly high schooly near the end and Piper became insufferable.

Great ensemble

Oh shit, time to restart my Netflix account. I'm so binge watching that on Saturday.

wedward

Julian of Martinis ‏@JulianDM11 3h
Arsenal turned down the option to buy Fabregas back? TURNED DOWN FOR WHAT? *Techno music kicks in*

After every goal we concede and game we lose next season I am going to say "turned down for what?"

If by crack you mean get a console? Yes, I will and I will probably enjoy it, will probably even end up buying a wii u too, just because. But I'm never going to give up on the pc, it will always be my system of choice for most games for a variety of reasons.

If Arnie and Wilbur didn't die, we would have a very angry post right here. Journey was fantastic though, Flower? Eh, I liked it for 30 minutes when I had a headache.

Scum

life must be so hard.
"Oh no. We finished in a CL spot again. Sigh."

Be interesting to see what the intentions are with Liverpool next season, whether they will think, with their current squad, they can maintain their standing in the league or whether they will spend big and go for the top prize. Its going to be a lot harder for them to blitz teams when everyone in the premier league is going to Chelsea them away from home. Hard to know if they are comfortable with the top 4 and slowly build or whether they are after title challenges again.

I'd take 4th tbh

Consolidating ourselves as a CL team again has to be the first aim

Don't forget they have to play in Europe now! Not playing there last season was probably the main reason why they stuck around so long.

Mr Cola

I'd take 4th tbh

Consolidating ourselves as a CL team again has to be the first aim

I truly understand what the fear is now, never thought id see United out of the top 4 but now I am desperate to get back, it complicates so much. Worrying summer ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom