• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lampard should take up the offer, he can take any job he wants... how about football player?

Who said he would never be welcome back? Didn't see that one in the media.

Oh I'm just making up shit, seems to be what we do in here. I would prefer not having a 36 year old adding very little to the squad, running around with big wages though, but that's just me.

Carbonox

1.5m for Ayoze Perez

Nothing for Jack Colback

The Newcastle transfer train is well and truly alive ppl.

Talks are happening over Siem De Jong, Remy Cabella and Bafetimbi Gomis apparently but they're more starting 11 type players so OBVIOUSLY we won't sign those.

The shows good, but put it this way if you were not into Piper last season you are going to find it very hard to be this season. Look forward to watching more of the ensemble and the prison politics, thats what i loved about season 1.

How many episodes have you watched so far?

pappe

tbf, he said "ex-star players." That would consist of Cesc, Henry, RVP etc. if you and Laboured want to count the likes of Alex Dimitre Song Billong in that catagory, be my guest.

They all have played a part in winning trophies and have earned more money. So it has worked out for them even for Song.

Marc

Oh I'm just making up shit, seems to be what we do in here. I would prefer not having a 36 year old adding very little to the squad, running around with big wages though, but that's just me.

Fair enough.

For me, if a player won England a world cup and euros he could pretty much turn up to the squad and do whatever he wants. Bobby Charlton can come to Rio as far as I am concerned. :)

Guys , check out daily fails world cup wag list. So many amazing women, then Mrs Rooney shows up. Cracked me up with laughter. Should have taken Crouch to keep our street cred up.

1.5m for Ayoze Perez

Nothing for Jack Colback

The Newcastle transfer train is well and truly alive ppl.

Talks are happening over Siem De Jong, Remy Cabella and Bafetimbi Gomis apparently but they're more starting 11 type players so OBVIOUSLY we won't sign those.

We won't sign any of those three

pulga

Banned
explain to me how an invisible man can score ~30 goals and give ~70 assists in three seasons.

The answer: Cristiano Ronaldo

Ozil aint racking them assists up like dat with Giroud upfront

plus he failed to deliver la decima pls understand

hell, when isco came on he had a substantial impact on the course of the game

Linius

You got tiiiiime

Let's do the first episode. I watched HoC from friday to monday last time. Not gonna repeat that marathon now :p

pulga

Banned
moutinho for portugal

di maria for argentina

i can't

ill admit to chuckling when di maria turned up, but when i got to portugal

at-first-i-was-like.jpg

Linius

ill admit to chuckling when di maria turned up, but when i got to portugal

http://16hljuumewe30onxk2um4f3bmt.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/files/2013/02/at-first-i-was-like.jpg[/IG][/QUOTE]

So angry cunt, you ever coming back to whatsapp gaf?

The Most Important Player for Every World Cup Team

I think this might be the worst fucking article Ive ever read in my life.

I agree with De Rossi for Italy. Pirlo might be the player who will be pulling the strings, but I can see Verratti rising more and more through the tournament. If De Rossi gets hurt then Prandelli's main plan is fucked. When defending we will have a back four and De Rossi is expected to be the ball winner, but when attacking he is expected to drop back and play as part of a back three. Motta is the only other ball winning midfielder we have, but nowhere near as good as De Rossi is as playing the dual roles of DM and CB. He is also a great passer, so if he wins the ball back he can bypass Pirlo and launch a ball up top for the forwards for a quick counter.

Been all over the place, but yeah, not from anywhere you'd generally label as 100% accurate.

I will hate to see him play for another club, I would rather we just spent 30 million and have him come on as an impact sub. Hopefully an Italian club
Juve please
or PSG will sign him up.

omgkitty

So supposedly Arsenal are interested in Insigne, but isn't he an attacking midfielder? You know....like Fabregas??? He's also like 4 feet tall.

Salazar

If Fabregas is coming to the PL but Wenger's not having him, he's got to start mentally destabilising the lad. He's a father figure, allegedly. He's got traction.

Text him Fats Waller tracks. Buy him a dozen cardigans. Fuck with his mind.

FootballFan

Wilbs says "that article may be correct in picking Di maria for argentina. They've also said he sticks to left touchline, whereas he plays cm for them like he does for Madrid usually. So instead of actually analysing his position in the team, they're just being contrarian lol"

Nathan pls.

pulga

Banned
He did what?!

Where is he anyway, self-ban or wut?

self ban, allegedly. seems weird he's using FF as a mouthpiece if he can ask to come back at any time

then again, its pretty weird hes coming back on englands second game. why miss the start of the tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom