• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand this argument and obviously Ozil plays. In my opinion Ozil is the best no 10 in the world and would play him regardless. The issue I have is last season Ramsey got a serious injury because we overplayed him and the gap between our starting 11 and our bench players is too large.

Ramsey may kick on this coming season, may not, we won't know until next season but we do know that he can't play every week and we struggle without him so the position is clearly an issue. Wilshere another injury issue, Chamberlain another injury issue, Arteta legs have gone, Flamini yellow card king etc... The thing is last season our season died when Ramaey and Ozil got injured.

Hopefully we can bring in the people required to help prevent the injuries but I'm not confident of that either.

Plainly speaking though for someone to think Bender or Schneiderlin would benefit us more than Fabregas is bemusing to me.

Oddmorsel, Southampton are finished, Spurs are in a absolute mess and Everton will never make top 4. Arsenal, City, United, Chelsea and Liverpool are the only ones capable. There is no looking over the shoulder at any of the clubs you mentioned.
How can Özil be the best number 10 in the world when he isn't even the best number 10 at Arsenal?

GorillaJu

How can Özil be the best number 10 in the world when he isn't even the best number 10 at Arsenal?

H88IINZ.gif

Feorax

The guy who broke the Cesc to Chelsea story has said we're looking to sign either Pedro or Sanchez, and we will offer Agger to Barca as a makeweight in any deal.

Marc

I can set one up if necessary. Already working on the fantasy league.

On one from the telegraph, really tough as any half-decent player is really expensive. Sturridge has done fuck all at international level as he has only just started but he doesn't cost far off from Suarez. Killing me guys.

Is this a decent world cup team guys:

Buffon

Ramos
Senderos
Zhirkov

Muller
Shaqiri
Rakitic
Toure
Castillo

Lukaku
Sturridge

Wanted to support England more in spite of knowing it's foolish but christ even Milner is expensive.

Feorax

He'll leave on a free. He's never going to agree personal terms with anyone at he's on a, frankly fucking mental, £110,000 a week.

Who the fuck signed that contract off???

Smells like a Purslow contract.

I expect he'll be second choice behind Flanno and Moreno next year anyway.

If Arsenal are to blame for anything with Cesc it was giving him so much freedom, ability to do what he liked on the field, built the team around him that he struggled to adapt to another system. What a player he was for us though, just phenomenal. Carried a rather average side to CL football year after year.

Not sure why things haven't worked out for him at Barca.

To be frank, it's not like things have worked out that well for any of our ex-star players, save for RVP's first season at MU and Henry's second season at Barca.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Looks like Napoli really want Sandro. Sadly I can see this one happening, although the proposed £11.3m is an utter joke.

Carbonox

I'm well jelly of Liverpool getting their business done quick and fast. I'm looking forward to seeing how they do next season.

Chelsea buying up Spain and City no doubt annexing another football club cos their sheikhs are jealous of the attention Russia are getting will make for an entertaining season altogether. Providing Liverpool make the necessary depth signings as well, I could see the top 3 last season being the top 3 (in whatever order) next season too. Man Utd will be dark horses depending on who they sign and how well Van Gaal gets the existing players to improve.

Last season was one of the best and most entertaining PL seasons I can recall though for so many reasons so will be tough to top.

pappe

To be frank, it's not like things have worked out that well for any of our ex-star players, save for RVP's first season at MU and Henry's second season at Barca.

How can you say things havent worked out for them when almost every one of them has won trophies to whatever club they went to.

That's the football equivalent of "would you rather have good graphics or good gameplay?"

Who the fuck doesn't want both?

Everyone wants that (although thinking what is good football varies greatly, Barca supporters seems to think it's just retaining possession), but there is limited time and budgets, with a team playing as shit as United, it might be best to start with a solid defense and build on top of that.

Salvadora

How can you say things havent worked out for them when almost every one of them has won trophies to whatever club they went to.
tbf, he said "ex-star players." That would consist of Cesc, Henry, RVP etc. if you and Laboured want to count the likes of Alex Dimitre Song Billong in that catagory, be my guest.

3Sixty

"Clement Grenier expected to be ruled out of World Cup for France due to adductor muscle injury. Morgan Schneiderlin could replace him."

PLS-Logo_full.jpeg

Razor554

Juventus offered Alexis Sanchez a 4-year contract worth 4.1M a year. Player agrees. Juventus not willing to pay more than 18M. [tuttosport]

Hahah, fuck off Rubentus.

pulga

Banned
Does he think he has time to rebuild another team or something? World class, proven player that is certain to get us the most assists and he says no? This is the mentality that has got us where we are for the past 8 years. This is why I never wanted him to sign that damn extension.

RVP, Nasri and Fabregas all playing for our PL rivals because of decisions that could have been easily avoided. I don't have the time for this anymore

The fundamental problem is that we have tolerated this for almost a decade. Nothing will change until you see vast empty seats in the ground and protests outside.

Ultimately, I would rather have Fabregas this summer instead of Wenger.

Now this is a meltdown! Step it up, Lightning.

I dont want no more cunting germans in my team ffs. had enough with the invisible boy and the clunky panzer.

TeddyBoy

The guy who broke the Cesc to Chelsea story has said we're looking to sign either Pedro or Sanchez, and we will offer Agger to Barca as a makeweight in any deal.

I'd much rather have Sanchez, but Pedro isn't bad.

Sad to see Agger leave but he's been fairly indifferent for a while. Regarding Agger's replacement, is Lovren a left or right sided centre back? In videos he seems to play both fairly comfortably but people are talking as though he'd become our starting centre back partnering Sakho. So we'd have three right sided centre backs and just one left sided centre back, doesn't quite seem right to me.

Feorax

I'd much rather have Sanchez, but Pedro isn't bad.

Sad to see Agger leave but he's been fairly indifferent for a while. Regarding Agger's replacement, is Lovren a left or right sided centre back? In videos he seems to play both fairly comfortably but people are talking as though he'd become our starting centre back partnering Sakho. So we'd have three right sided centre backs and just one left sided centre back, doesn't quite seem right to me.

Right footed, left sided.

Can play either quite confortably though.

bud

Now this is a meltdown! Step it up, Lightning.

I dont want no more cunting germans in my team ffs. had enough with the invisible boy and the clunky panzer.

explain to me how an invisible man can score ~30 goals and give ~70 assists in three seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom