• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Chelsea are doing it just to put the knife in.

Not only are we bringing your Cesc back, not only are you dumb enough to not execute your buy back option, but you're not getting a penny of our money either.

Quite frankly brilliant and hilarious.

Wes

venison crêpe
OK I'm crowd sourcing the Spain report:

Need someone to post a picture of the player wearing their national kit and two or three sentences about why that player is "one to watch out for" this tournament.

Also need someone to do a short write up about how they qualified for Brazil. Also, two to three sentences.

I'll do all the image editing, formatting and wiki information hunting,

Baki

Not only are we bringing your Cesc back, not only are you dumb enough to not execute your buy back option, but you're not getting a penny of our money either.

Our manager is a ******* **** if Cesc goes to Chelsea and not Arsenal.

Utterly depressing stuff.

Aye, Chelsea have a reputation for being parsimonious.

... You have clearly seen a Chelsea over the last few years with FFP around the corner, being much less willing to spend. There's a reason Chelsea didn't end up with Falcao or Cavani. Of course Chelsea can still afford to buy some high profile players, but they are not going for the crazy expensive ones and are trying to get the best possible deals.

Salvadora

How is any of that brilliant?

They're bringing in a wildly talented play who wants out, had no influence on us turning down the buy-back option, and are trying to negotiate the price down. Standard practice.

Mourinho mindgames all over again.

pappe

Need someone to post a picture of the player wearing their national kit and two or three sentences about why that player is "one to watch out for" this tournament.

Also need someone to do a short write up about how they qualified for Brazil. Also, two to three sentences.

Who cared about Spain anyway. They are going out in the group stages or if they make it lose to Brazil or Netherlands in the next round.

Offside.gif

Is this the Honduran bootleg version of Ffia?

Linius

Spain qualified for the 2014 world cup in Brazil by winning group I in the European qualification for the tournament. In this group Spain met France, Georgia, Finland and Belarus. Six wins and two ties (versus France and Finland at home) were enough for the Spaniards to qualify as group winners.

Wilbur

Banned

Spain

One to watch

Daniele De Gea

After spending most the year on the bench for atheletico Madrid he's finally ready to step up after the CL win

I'm listening to a NFL podcast and they're previewing the WC.

They're say how USA are in the "Group of Death" and how soccer is so "dramatic".

You cunts call yourselves world champs for winning a domestic tournament. Turning off. Pissed. Wes open that thread up I wanna tell some American's they suck.

Slizz

They're say how USA are in the "Group of Death" and how soccer is so "dramatic".

You cunts call yourselves world champs for winning a domestic tournament. Turning off. Pissed. Wes open that thread up I wanna tell some American's they suck.

You love us.... you love US.... you love USA

Lightning

Banned

They're bringing in a wildly talented play who wants out, had no influence on us turning down the buy-back option, and are trying to negotiate the price down. Standard practice.

It's 1 or 2 million. Hardly mind games and hardly relevant.

Elchele

loooooooool

Wilbur

Banned
I would do things to Maria Sharapova that would get me thrown in a gulag

I just wanna know what it tastes like, Maria baby don't be shy

Arsenal, as we have seen, don't give a fuck.

Or he'd be back.

i meant about the extra guac baby

Oh man I'm excited

THREE DAYS

HYYYYPPPPEEEEEE

There's at least one game every day (mostly two and three and FOUR) from the twelfth to the 26th

This is cum inducing. I need a shot

I have diabetes

Cos it's annoying you guys.

GorillaJu

Stick it up your arse. We're winning the World Cup.

Linius

R72NX74.jpg

Star to be playing at Spains best football club in the history of Spanish football. Last year he absolutely sucked ass at the best Dutch club in Dutch history of football but he's going to shine like a bright star in Brazil. Watch him closely or you might miss it.

FootballFan

Quick one:

Andres Iniesta
UdWa5M4.jpg

World Cup hero. A midfield master. One of the most creative players in the world, Andres Iniesta has the dribbling, passing and awareness to decide a game in a matter of seconds. Not particularly a great goalscorer, but a scorer of great goals, such as the World Cup winning goal at the 2010 World Cup. Alongside passing genius' like Xavi and Busquets, the La Roja will again be heavily reliant on the midfield trio as they look to defend their World Cup title.

/unbiased

Quicky

aRXOa7O.jpg

Returning to his native country as Spain's forward, one of the heroes of Atletico's incredible La Liga win is looking to continue his fantastic season and make up for the disappointment of missing the Champions League final. His face alone will strike fear into any back four, coupled with his deadly feet it's a terrifying prospect for any team tasked with stopping him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom