• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turok_TTZ

More importantly, how would you feel if Suarez joined Real Madrid?
Been meaning to answer this.

I wouldn't be upset. I've seen Real Madrid implode themselves through worser decisions. Heck, Suarez may even surprise everyone and do well. Plus, if anyone can change Suarez from being a scrub killing big game flop into an actual world beater it is Carlo, not that joke Rodgers.

maria.gif

Arnie

Been meaning to answer this.

I wouldn't be upset. I've seen Real Madrid implode themselves through worser decisions. Heck, Suarez may even surprise everyone and do well. Plus, if anyone can change Suarez from being a scrub killing big game flop into an actual world beater it is Carlo, not that joke Rodgers.

Rodgers turned Suarez into the player you're going to embarrass yourselves pursuing.

FootballFan

Quick one:

Andres Iniesta
UdWa5M4.jpg

World Cup hero. A midfield master. One of the most creative players in the world, Andres Iniesta has the dribbling, passing and awareness to decide a game in a matter of seconds. Not particularly a great goalscorer, but a scorer of great goals, such as the World Cup winning goal at the 2010 World Cup. Alongside passing genius' like Xavi and Busquets, the La Roja will again be heavily reliant on the midfield trio as they look to defend their World Cup title.

/unbiased

Quicky

aRXOa7O.jpg

Returning to his native country as Spain's forward, one of the heroes of Atletico's incredible La Liga win is looking to continue his fantastic season and make up for the disappointment of missing the Champions League final. His face alone will strike fear into any back four, coupled with his deadly feet it's a terrifying prospect for any team tasked with stopping him.

WESSSSS

WES

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Rodgers turned Suarez into the player you're going to embarrass yourselves pursuing.
Why are you even listening to him? He was bad mouthing Carlo all season. Until his Bayern win or something.

His first shtick was being a Madrid ITK with a secret agent leaking him info from the inside, never forget.

Arnie

Why are you even listening to him? He was bad mouthing Carlo all season. Until his Bayern win or something.

His first shtick was being a Madrid ITK with a secret agent inside, never forget.

Fuck, I forgot about TurokITK.

That was utter jokes.

Aliz%C3%A9-Lim-petite-amie-de-J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my-Chardy.jpg

Wanna see a truly breathtakingly beautiful tennis player? Look no further than 24 year old half French half Vietnamese Alizè Lim. Following Anna Kournikova's example, she has so far wisely prioritized her looks over her sporting career, thus managing to avoid turning into an awkward looking muscular ball bashing robot like Sharapova.

One to watch in the first rounds of every third tier tennis tournament.

Immobile and Insigne beasting together. An very meanningless friendly, but a good confidence game for the front two. Will be very interesting to see who starts up front against England

Turok_TTZ

Real madrid buy into hype too easily. I would not be surprised if Sturridge is next after Suarez. Also, Rodgers didn't do anything. Suarez has performed as well as he did in the dutch league. He was already a finished product long before liverpool found him.

He has not changed the slightest since his ajax days footballing wise.

His first shtick was being a Madrid ITK with a secret agent leaking him info from the inside, never forget.

It was Benzema's friends.

I believe it. Like I honestly do believe he knows Benzema's mates. I like Turok, don't be mean.

FootballFan

Can't believe it's already been 2 years (October 2012) since Benzema left Real Madrid.

Incredible.

And we had ITK in here the whole time.

Feorax

Real madrid buy into hype too easily. I would not be surprised if Sturridge is next after Suarez. Also, Rodgers didn't do anything. Suarez has performed as well as he did in the dutch league. He was already a finished product long before liverpool found him.

That's not entirely true.

He completely forgot how to score in 2011/12.

bobito

Banned

Errrrrrr

bud

yeah, suarez is still pretty much the same player he was at ajax: no one knows what the fuck he's going to do next. he's better now of course because he has adapted to a much better league, but that's not really rodgers' doing; it happens over the course of a few years.

every time he nutmegs someone, it looks so incredibly clumsy, and you can't help but think it was pure luck, but he does it so often... i don't understand him as a man. as a human bean. as a theoretical philosopher.

he operates on an entirely different level.

when he bit ivanovic, it wasn't even the first time he did something like that--he did in the eredivisie, too.

time is not a flat circle.

it is suarez who is a flat circle.

we're all cubes.

buckets of ice cubes.

when you shoot the bucket in the tanker, notice how the cubes that are together melt slower than the ones that are not.

kojima's a genius.

Zabojnik

Aliz%C3%A9-Lim-petite-amie-de-J%C3%A9r%C3%A9my-Chardy.jpg

Wanna see a truly breathtakingly beautiful tennis player? Look no further than 24 year old half French half Vietnamese Alizè Lim. Following Anna Kournikova's example, she has so far wisely prioritized her looks over her sporting career, thus managing to avoid turning into an awkward looking muscular ball bashing robot like Sharapova.

One to watch in the first rounds of every third tier tennis tournament.

Looks a bit like Kristin Kreuk. Both could get it.

You guys think Immobile and Balotelli could start together? Balotelli was always better as a second striker anyway.

I think Prandelli tried it a couple of matches back, didn't really work. I don't see him going for it, although I do agree about Balo. Ciro is the much more clinical finisher.

GorillaJu

Suarez was good at Ajax but a large chunk of his goals were from the penalty spot. For Liverpool he's only taken a few pens and I think he missed them. He's a better player at Liverpool, more mature, sharper tactically, and clinical in his finishing (never thought I'd be able to say that).

3Sixty

Diego Costa.

aRXOa7O.jpg

International mercenary for hire, will play for highest bidder. Currently represents Spain but may switch before tournament starts. Drinks horse placenta. Last seen masquerading as a non-moving footballer in the champions league final.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
You guys think Immobile and Balotelli could start together? Balotelli was always better as a second striker anyway.
Balo is too immobile (and lazy) for a second striker though, isn't he? But yeah it could work I guess, he's decent at creating chances.

It will be either Balotelli - Cassano or Immobile and...someone. The time for experimenting is over now :(

i would like to see it, but Prandelli has so far played a lone forward, 2 strikers and a front three.

If we go for a front two i think it will be either balotelli/cassano or Immboile/Insigne. A number 9 with a more creative forward.

bobito

Banned
Diego Costa.

aRXOa7O.jpg

International mercenary for hire, will play for highest bidder. Currently represents Spain but may switch before tournament starts. Drinks horse placenta. Last seen masquerading as a non-moving footballer in the champions league final.

Haha so good

Balo is too immobile (and lazy) for a second striker though, isn't he? But yeah it could work I guess, he's decent at creating chances.

It will be either Balotelli - Cassano or Immobile and...someone. The time for experimenting is over now :(

YOU WISH

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
yeah, suarez is still pretty much the same player he was at ajax: no one knows what the fuck he's going to do next. he's better now of course because he has adapted to a much better league, but that's not really rodgers' doing; it happens over the course of a few years.

every time he nutmegs someone, it looks so incredibly clumsy, and you can't help but think it was pure luck, but he does it so often... i don't understand him as a man. as a human bean. as a theoretical philosopher.

when he bit ivanovic, it wasn't even the first time he did something like that--he did in the eredivisie, too.

we're all cubes.

buckets of ice cubes.

when you shoot the bucket in the tanker, notice how the cubes that are together melt slower than the ones that are not.

kojima's a genius.
bud. We should smoke pot together!
I really wanted to say it pls understand

we're all cubes.

buckets of ice cubes.

kojima's a genius.
#DEAD

love the completely unrelated MGS reference at the end hahahahaha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom