• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
25 England fan character traits to avoid. How many of these do you display FootyGAF?

* Those in pubs who rhetorically shout, "How come Defoe's not playing?"

* Those who call into a phone-in should be banned from calling a phone-in on that very basis. One recent contribution: "Barkley is a good little player who runs around."

* Those who thought having an English manager would make a big difference.

* Those who bring club tribalism into their criticism of players and, conversely, fans who see tribalism in criticism of players when none exists.

* Those who, after England win one group game, suddenly think England can actually win the trophy.

* Those who used to slag off Sven for under-achievement, but who now think a quarter-final exit would be quite good.

* Those who think Terry Butcher/Paul Ince's head wound was England's finest hour.

* Those who think John Terry not being in the squad is political correctness gone mad. See also: glorification of head wounds.

* Those who, after an early defeat say, "Bring them home, they're a disgrace to the country."

* Those who think England losing is part of a greater decline of a once-great nation and symbolic of general moral collapse. See also: radio phone-ins.

* Those who say it is the foreigners in the English game that are to blame for England being rubbish.

* Those who talk as if England used to be successful. See also: blaming foreigners, head wounds, John Terry, radio phone-ins.

* Those who complain at the high price of 'official' England shirts.

* Those who get drunk and furious and shout abuse at the TV in front of small children.

* Those who adorn themselves, the car, the house in bunting and flags. A bed sheet with a red cross painted on it hanging out your window doesn't mean you care more.

* Those full kit w*nkers in supermarkets buying ten boxes of lager before an England game. Are also likely to have the bedsheet hanging out of the window.

* Those who only take interest in football every four years and still think David Beckham is playing for England.

* Those who think not singing the national anthem means the players don't care.

* Those who think 'they only play for England for the money'.

* Those who can't tell the difference between hindsight and forethought. Spotting what went wrong after it went wrong is not the same as having the vision to see it beforehand.

* Those who think that drinking Red Bull and vodka while watching football in a pub genuinely makes them more perceptive than the manager.

* Those who think the war only just ended.

* Those who still want 'Arry.

* Those 1% who, whatever the question, answer 'Frank Lampard'.

* Those who say England aren't playing with enough passion, who when pressed what passion means, say, "Y'know...running around and that." See also: all of the above.

What do you think about my kicker fantasy team, guys?

Casillas
Hummels-Thiago Silva-Ramos (Abate)
Yaya-Modric-Vidal-Müller (James Rodriguez)
Suarez-Immobile-Lukaku (Mandzukic)

Abate is kinda shite but I didn't have any money left :lol

Blablurn

What people didnt post...

Zwar kommt er mit Trainer Pep Guardiola nicht zurecht. Lob gibt's trotzdem. Mandzukic: „Ich bedanke mich, dass sie (die Bayern, Anm. d. Red.) mir eine Vertragsverlängerung angeboten haben und ich bedanke mich bei Guardiola. Er ist ein großer Trainer.“

Even thought he couldnt cope with Peps system Mandzu stilll had some praise for Pep: "I thank Bayern for offering me a contract extension. And I also thank Guardiola. He is a great coach"

Zwar kommt er mit Trainer Pep Guardiola nicht zurecht. Lob gibt's trotzdem. Mandzukic: „Ich bedanke mich, dass sie (die Bayern, Anm. d. Red.) mir eine Vertragsverlängerung angeboten haben und ich bedanke mich bei Guardiola. Er ist ein großer Trainer.“

Even thought he couldnt cope with Peps system Mandzu stilll had some praise for Pep: "I thank Bayern for offering me a contract extension. And I also thank Guardiola. He is a great coach"

Dat Bayern PR

Blablurn

Dat Bayern PR

is6TFhmvbhTi1.gif

sohois

From Liverpool's great hope to not Liverpool standard.

It's a fickle game ours is.

He was never the great hope; Stirling was always the better player, and even Wisdom and Flanagan were ahead of him (but didn't get the same hype being defensive players).

Pep is a knob they said...

...Mandzu liked him they never said.

Missed opportunity, Bla.

noal

Banned
I'm not feeling it, I'm really not.

Maybe the first game will change that and I have been so busy lately that I haven't had time to get hyped but...

...what is wrong with me?

subtles

From Liverpool's great hope to not Liverpool standard.

It's a fickle game ours is.
That's nothing compared to the entitlement we footy fans exercise. Top players should be loyal until they are no longer worthy of our admiration. We then proceed to call for them to get off the wage bill. Heaven forbid a less talented player wanting fan support.

No one cares about Young's servitude as the focus is on Rooney.
I may be taking the piss with this example.

Ducker, The Times:

Van Gaal will formally start work at Old Trafford only once Holland’s World Cup campaign is over, but he has already instructed Ed Woodward, the United executive vice-chairman, to set about trimming United’s squad.
Ferdinand and Nemanja Vidic have left the club, Fabio Da Silva joined Cardiff City in January and Ryan Giggs, who will be Van Gaal’s No 2, has announced his retirement from playing, but half a dozen more players are likely to depart.
United used 30 players in total last season, but Van Gaal could operate with a smaller squad of around 22 next term with no European football to accommodate.
The Dutchman plans to bring in four or five players. A deal for Luke Shaw, the England left back, has been agreed in principal with Southampton and Van Gaal is also in the hunt for a centre half, one or two midfielders and possibly a versatile forward.

pappe

pappe

Listen. umm, don't get it twisted. It promotes the kind of contact shown in your avatar.

One of the sport's greatest tragedies. In his prime, no less.

De Jong kicking Alonso was just a misinterpretation. He just wanted to be hugged. Why does noone love him?

velociraptor

25 England fan character traits to avoid. How many of these do you display FootyGAF?

* Those in pubs who rhetorically shout, "How come Defoe's not playing?"

* Those who call into a phone-in should be banned from calling a phone-in on that very basis. One recent contribution: "Barkley is a good little player who runs around."

* Those who thought having an English manager would make a big difference.

* Those who bring club tribalism into their criticism of players and, conversely, fans who see tribalism in criticism of players when none exists.

* Those who, after England win one group game, suddenly think England can actually win the trophy.

* Those who used to slag off Sven for under-achievement, but who now think a quarter-final exit would be quite good.

* Those who think Terry Butcher/Paul Ince's head wound was England's finest hour.

* Those who think John Terry not being in the squad is political correctness gone mad. See also: glorification of head wounds.

* Those who, after an early defeat say, "Bring them home, they're a disgrace to the country."

* Those who think England losing is part of a greater decline of a once-great nation and symbolic of general moral collapse. See also: radio phone-ins.

* Those who say it is the foreigners in the English game that are to blame for England being rubbish.

* Those who talk as if England used to be successful. See also: blaming foreigners, head wounds, John Terry, radio phone-ins.

* Those who complain at the high price of 'official' England shirts.

* Those who get drunk and furious and shout abuse at the TV in front of small children.

* Those who adorn themselves, the car, the house in bunting and flags. A bed sheet with a red cross painted on it hanging out your window doesn't mean you care more.

* Those full kit w*nkers in supermarkets buying ten boxes of lager before an England game. Are also likely to have the bedsheet hanging out of the window.

* Those who only take interest in football every four years and still think David Beckham is playing for England.

* Those who think not singing the national anthem means the players don't care.

* Those who think 'they only play for England for the money'.

* Those who can't tell the difference between hindsight and forethought. Spotting what went wrong after it went wrong is not the same as having the vision to see it beforehand.

* Those who think that drinking Red Bull and vodka while watching football in a pub genuinely makes them more perceptive than the manager.

* Those who think the war only just ended.

* Those who still want 'Arry.

* Those 1% who, whatever the question, answer 'Frank Lampard'.

* Those who say England aren't playing with enough passion, who when pressed what passion means, say, "Y'know...running around and that." See also: all of the above.

0/25.

To be fair, I don't even like England that much. The team is littered with an entitled bunch of whiny twats.

Catalonia press =/= Spanish press. Spanish fans dont give a fuck about fucking van gaal. Well, they actually have no idea what the fuck a van gaal is.

So whats so delicious?

They don't know can gaal?... They gotta be more than a little thick to already having forgotten his barca years.

FootballFan

Jesus Christ.

That MGS trailer.

Wow.

Day Zero.

Everything always goes back to zero.

Zab. DC. Wooden. Bla. Are you ready.

I just preordered it.

FootballFan

You seen the English version?

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1...v-the-phantom-pain-e3-2014-trailer_videogames

There it is for anyone who hasn't.

FF - when WhatsApp works with iOS8 Beta. You know what's coming your way right?

Have I seen it? Only 5 times now.

Incredible.

LOOOL I asked about you on whatsapp today. Do I know what to expect when you return? A puzzling question, but a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved.

I know lol.I look forward to it.

Clydefrog

I just spent almost $200 on a Brazilian Roberto Carlos jersey. I forgot that I needed it in Brazil.

It better come here in time....

dc89

Where was that from?

Thanks for that, now Diamond Dogs makes sense.

Sorry, where was what from?

Have I seen it? Only 5 times now.

Incredible.

LOOOL I asked about you on whatsapp today. Do I know what to expect when you return? A puzzling question, but a true gentleman leaves no puzzle unsolved.

I know lol.I look forward to it.

I hope the next Beta fixes the problem with WhatsApp. If it does, I guess it could be within the next few days.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I think I would rather sell Pogba and Vidal for LESS money to United

let's do this Woodward, call me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom