• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

BBC said:
Liverpool defender Glen Johnson believes England's pace will make them a different proposition to what Italy have been used to in the past.

He tells England's website: "We had a good team when we played Italy last time, but now we have more players who can hurt them attacking-wise. We have a bit more pace in the squad as well, so hopefully we will get further on.
"I don't think Italy will have met an England team like this before. The team we had before was a good side, but maybe it was slightly defensive.
"If we can defend well now and use some of the pace and ability we have going forward, we can cause problems."

nCUoKLR.png

Arnie

That was the worst MGS E3 trailer of all time.

The story looks so fucking gash compared to previous games. Who are all these weird characters. Why does Big Boss have horns. This storyline should've ended, it feels like a spinoff.

Sorry, where was what from?

I hope the next Beta fixes the problem with WhatsApp. If it does, I guess it could be within the next few days.

The English trailer. What was the source. I know the Japanese one was from that Konami youtube channel, but what was the original source of the English one.

Yen

My internet is so bad at home it's taken me about 20 minutes to get two minutes into the MGSV trailer. Holy shit at when
Snake has the ashes on his face, and then the camera jumps and his face is covered in blood

Feorax

FUD stage 8

Then it's pretty much done until after the World Cup. To which we'll continue our mad pursuit of Lallana. Wish we'd lumped for Fabregas to be honest.

Fabregas is class, but I'd be concerned about lumping on the wages he'd want when we have great CM/CAM options already. At least Lallana can make the wide position his own.

The story looks so fucking gash compared to previous games. Who are all these weird characters. Why does Big Boss have horns. This storyline should've ended, it feels like a spinoff.

Go away you big boo bird.

The horns are shrapnel
caused at the end of GZ

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
The trailer was OK, I don't care about Big Boss striking poses and looking all emo and angry. Show me the new locations and the bosses, that's what I wanna see.

And the music and editing lol, Kojima is up in his own ass again. Show me the game you cunt, THE GAME!

sohois

FUD stage 8

Then it's pretty much done until after the World Cup. To which we'll continue our mad pursuit of Lallana. Wish we'd lumped for Fabregas to be honest.

The Lallana pursuit is done if it doesn't complete by the time the WC starts, I feel. I suppose Southampton might suddenly change their minds late on, but I reckon Liverpool will have already done their business by then.

-

Saw GoT. The spoiler thread has been bigging up this episode all week with some big scene, yet by the end of the episode nothing has bloody happened. Meanwhile the whole thread has been going crazy over the appearance of a character, and now their suddenly saying it won't happen this season, if at all. What's even the point of reading the spoiler thread if even they don't seem to know what is going to happen

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

I'M NOT ALONE

someone gets me! GET IN ARNIE

The Lallana pursuit is done if it doesn't complete by the time the WC starts, I feel. I suppose Southampton might suddenly change their minds late on, but I reckon Liverpool will have already done their business by then.

-

Saw GoT. The spoiler thread has been bigging up this episode all week with some big scene, yet by the end of the episode nothing has bloody happened. Meanwhile the whole thread has been going crazy over the appearance of a character, and now their suddenly saying it won't happen this season, if at all. What's even the point of reading the spoiler thread if even they don't seem to know what is going to happen
They haven't told Liverpool to back off, as far as I know, so id say it's still a very realistic possibility they sell him. Liverpool might have to cough up a bit more than they've bid so far but you would expect they would be prepared to do that. It's only June, all cards not on the table yet. I think you will get him.

subtles

I've lost interest in Lallana to be honest. I wouldn't lose sleep if the club bid aggressively for a younger, more talented player. If it goes through then I hope we don't hamper our budget over it.

subtles

You have all lost sight of what's important. Forget the music/plot/cinematics etc.

Tactical Espionage Operations.

Operations.

That's where it's at.

Linius

-

I don't enter spoiler threads but nothing has happened you say? This episode was fucking brutal man.

sohois

They haven't told Liverpool to back off, as far as I know, so id say it's still a very realistic possibility they sell him. Liverpool might have to cough up a bit more than they've bid so far but you would expect they would be prepared to do that. It's only June, all cards not on the table yet. I think you will get him.

Liverpool have put out PR saying that the £25million offer is take it or leave it. They won't go back with a bigger offer after this.

It's not like Lallana is one of kind, the only option. I'm sure Liverpool would have no problem switching to other targets, just as they did in the summer from Micky to Costa to Willian.

Now, despite the rhetoric I too would not be surprised if Lallana did join later on, but if it were to happen Liverpool would use their position of strength to force a lower, I'd imagine.

Linius said:
I don't enter spoiler threads but nothing has happened you say? This episode was fucking brutal man.

Well, nothing really changed.
An army is invading, the army is still their but beaten back.
And the spoiler threads promised bigger things

Linius

Liverpool have put out PR saying that the £25million offer is take it or leave it. They won't go back with a bigger offer after this.

It's not like Lallana is one of kind, the only option. I'm sure Liverpool would have no problem switching to other targets, just as they did in the summer from Micky to Costa to Willian.

Now, despite the rhetoric I too would not be surprised if Lallana did join later on, but if it were to happen Liverpool would use their position of strength to force a lower, I'd imagine.

Well, nothing really changed.
An army is invading, the army is still their but beaten back.
And the spoiler threads promised bigger things

Well yeah, if you look at it that way you can say nothing happened.
Wars usually take more than one battle as I'm sure you know. We've seen an pretty awesome battle on quite a big scale, something that they don't often in GoT so I'm pretty happy about that. Yeah, the story didn't progress much other than that and castle black still looks pretty fucked but it was a great episode imo.

But then again, I know nothing about some spoiler so I had no expectations for something big to happen.

Wilbur

Banned
Trailer was dumb as shit. Shit song. Shit dialogue. No game play. Typical stupid MGS nonsense. Will play. Will enjoy. Still dumb.

sohois

Well yeah, if you look at it that way you can say nothing happened.
Wars usually take more than one battle as I'm sure you know. We've seen an pretty awesome battle on quite a big scale, something that they don't often in GoT so I'm pretty happy about that. Yeah, the story didn't progress much other than that and castle black still looks pretty fucked but it was a great episode imo.

But then again, I know nothing about some spoiler so I had no expectations for something big to happen.

Sure, but to devote a whole episode to the events and then not finish it off properly just seems silly. It's like they really want to just cram as many shocking events into the finale as they can, regardless of whether they would be rushed or not.

Trailer was dumb as shit. Shit song. Shit dialogue. No game play. Typical stupid MGS nonsense. Will play. Will enjoy. Still dumb.

Well tbh I don't really want gameplay in a MGS trailer that much. Just some awesome cutscenes and moments, but this was just pretty flat all around.

Hixx

Absolutely.

And Keifer Sutherland's voice just does not fit BB at all. Such a fucking disconnect there.

MGS always was crap anyway

Wrong. MGS1 was fantastic at the time, MGS2 was GOAT, MGS3 was fairly good and MGS4 was just kind of poop, that i still enjoyed.

Story has always been kind of silly, but it was endearing most of the time, unlike MGS4 where it got so far up its own ass that an efukt video could be made about it.

LTWheels

Meh, the only MGS story that made sense was the first one. Mainly because the guy localising it into English made changes so it would make more sense to us.

Apparently Kojima only found out after it was released and was pissed. After that he took a much closer direct control over the translation, making it 'more accurate' but worse from an English storytelling point of view.

L1NETT

I have hope for this years PES

I may as well change my name to Naive Fuck but hey ho

They are sticking it on current gen this year right?

--

Hixx and Yen are right. 3 is the best. End of discussion.

Scum

If you replace MGS with post team silent, SH games.... I would completely agree. With that and PES in mind : Lets just burn Konami to the ground.

PES and MGS are Konami have left. Hell, they don't give a shit about PES.

I'll bring the torches.

Bumhead

Banned
MGS1 is the only one worth a shit.

90% of MGS3 is but the last portion of that game is irredeemably awful.

4 is the worst game of all time.

Oh and that Alan Davies World Cup Podcast first episode was pretty good actually. Surprised the beeb didn't continue his Armchair stuff, thought that was quite funny.

3 was fantastic. 4 is complete and utter horse shite. Just horrendous

(you have potentially started war here viva!)

Just my opinion innit. I always found it a disengaging game which is a bit too slow paced for me. And never really dug the cinematic storyline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom