• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightning

Banned
I'm normally excited for e3 but I'm not this time. Hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 releasing over Christmas though. Finally get to play that awesome game.

I really wish we would sign Calum Chambers. Would be a great signing.

omgkitty

I'm normally excited for e3 but I'm not this time. Hyped for Kingdom Hearts 2.5 releasing over Christmas though. Finally get to play that awesome game.

I really wish we would sign Calum Chambers. Would be a great signing.

But is he really good enough to start every game for us? Plus his backup is Jenkinson who I know isn't ready.

Lightning

Banned
But is he really good enough to start every game for us? Plus his backup is Jenkinson who I know isn't ready.
I think he will develop quick enough. The issue with aurier is he plays for Ivory Coast which means he can miss Jan and Feb in the season. I really don't want us signing any players who play for countries in the ACN.

Chambers is a very talented player who will get better. Is he a Sagna now? No but questionable whether Aurier is either as ligue 1 from France is hardly a great guideline. I'd rather Chambers personally.

GorillaJu

Arsenal are not getting Chambers this season, if ever. He's going to be Southampton's next big-money sale, probably in 2016, and he'll go for 20m or more. Don't think they'll sell Sncheiderlin to you either.

omgkitty

I think he will develop quick enough. The issue with aurier is he plays for Ivory Coast which means he can miss Jan and Feb in the season. I really don't want us signing any players who play for countries in the ACN.

Chambers is a very talented player who will get better. Is he a Sagna now? No but questionable whether Aurier is either as ligue 1 from France is hardly a great guideline. I'd rather Chambers personally.

Honestly don't think we'll get Aurier either. Knowing Wenger, I could see him trying to find someone older because he believes Jenkinson is the future. I'm not sure I agree with that notion, but it wouldn't surprise me. We also have Bellerin who I definitely think should be getting some games in the 1st team next season. I would say if he brings Chambers in, it's pretty much telling Jenkinson and Bellerin that they're not good enough. Maybe I'm wrong, but I feel like that's the case.

Hopefully Wenger spots De Sciglio tearing up Glen Johnson in the opening game and then clocks that he can play RB. De Sciglio is the type of player we deserve, although he deserves more than us.

Been meaning to answer this.

I wouldn't be upset. I've seen Real Madrid implode themselves through worser decisions. Heck, Suarez may even surprise everyone and do well. Plus, if anyone can change Suarez from being a scrub killing big game flop into an actual world beater it is Carlo, not that joke Rodgers.

Say that again and I'll fucking deck you

tri_willy

damn its been a while since ive been on football gaf, fuck jury duty, still have 3 weeks left to go.

was randomly playing fifa 14, saw a fellow vietnamese bro by the name of lee nguyen playing for new england, respect man.

anything interesting happening here in the last couple of weeks?

I hope the Suso deal with Porto has a buyback clause. Let 'em work their magic.

Excuse me? When was this move suggested.

In a strange way, our sudden ascension has left Suso (and Ibe to an extent) fucked as we suddenly don't have any games we can afford to play him in to let him improve, unless we get good draws in the domestic cups.

Good start to the week. Shaw telling Saints he wants to leave is now public, LvG wants to sell Fellaini and another Italian rag says we want Sanchez.

dc89

Holy shit. Someones translated the text from the trailer, damn that shit is dark. If you don't want to know what it is, steer clear of the thread from now on as it's right at the top of the page which is currently last.

subtles

Excuse me? When was this move suggested.

In a strange way, our sudden ascension has left Suso (and Ibe to an extent) fucked as we suddenly don't have any games we can afford to play him in to let him improve, unless we get good draws in the domestic cups.
Last few days I believe. Their manager, Lopetegui, worked with him in the Spain youth teams (U21 I believe.) His agent confirmed talks are taking place.

Last few days I believe. Their manager, Lopetegui, worked with him in the Spain youth teams (U21 I believe.) His agent confirmed talks are taking place.

:(

He needed to at least force himself into being an important player for Almeria tbh. The fact that he ended up struggling for gametime says a lot. Hopefully for his sake he makes it at the top unlike Pacheco, but he'll probably have to do it elsewhere.

subtles

Woodward's commercial acumen is unparalleled.

He needed to at least force himself into being an important player for Almeria tbh. The fact that he ended up struggling for gametime says a lot. Hopefully for his sake he makes it at the top unlike Pacheco, but he'll probably have to do it elsewhere.
I had high hopes for him but gave up around the time he was constantly posting cars and stuff. Felt like he lost focus. I do wish him the best.

pulga

Banned
If we don't win by at least 2 goals, Roy needs to step down.

Would normally be 4 goals, but Sterling is out

Think your whole team should retire, couldn't even put one past us

iKkAltPpcFhj9.gif

sohois

The first reports have just emerged in Portuguese papers, as yet no real indication from the Liverpool side.

And he didn't really struggle for game time given that he made 33 league appearances for them. Still though, it would definitely be a struggle for him to get much game time at Liverpool at the moment, and whilst he may be a very talented youth prospect there's no telling if he is actually good enough to be Liverpool's standard.

Lightning

Banned
Arsenal are not getting Chambers this season, if ever. He's going to be Southampton's next big-money sale, probably in 2016, and he'll go for 20m or more. Don't think they'll sell Sncheiderlin to you either.
That depends with Chambers. Southampton have Clyne and one will have to go for the other to prosper there. The point is moot because I don't think we'll bid for any Southampton players but if we pursed Chambers we would get him without doubt in my opinion.

Jenkinson is good enough to start for us. I'm fine with Aurier. my only problem with him is ACON.
Lol. Jenkinson good enough? Not enough lols to describe that.

GorillaJu

That depends with Chambers. Southampton have Clyne and one will have to go for the other to prosper there. The point is moot because I don't think we'll bid for any Southampton players but if we pursed Chambers we would get him without doubt in my opinion.

Lol. Jenkinson good enough? Not enough lols to describe that.

Yeah, but Chambers is better and Soton know it. They aren't gonna sell the better, younger one when they know they'll get a fistful of dough for him later. Clyne I can see being sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom