• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tc91

I don't believe this story.

Why would Mangala want to come to us when we aren't even that hot for him and City are in a much better position than us and he is one of their top targets.

It doesn't make sense on any level.

Didn't they switch their attention to Benatia? That story seems a bit quiet but now Pepe has popped up out of no where and I'm sure they were linked with Pepe 1 or 2 seasons ago.

Woodward can sneak Mangala in.

AdVl6.gif

I need to replay this soon. I still haven't touched it since the trophy patch came out. Queuing up for a signed Kojima cover on Tottenham Court Road was such a great experience. That game did not fail to meet my expectations.

GorillaJu

no, i remember the game very well. it's the sole reason i bought a ps3. i kept hoping for it to get better, but it never did. the more you progressed through the game, the less gameplay there was--it was actually my first time playing an mgs game that i thought "holy fuck, enough with the cut scenes already."

didn't care for any of the boss fights.

I have played the game for maybe 100-ish hours, I remember it pretty well myself. The game is short if you skip the cut scenes, as all MGS games are. They're speed runnable games. The game time is padded by the time it takes you to get through the puzzles and locales the first time, so yeah, if you were to condense the actual minutes of game play down, it would be pretty small considering the scope of the game.

I mean I can't tell you your opinion is wrong, but you're approaching it in the wrong way. Mundane design in many modern games has developed some pretty bad habits in how people play games, IMO.

bud

you are talking to me like i've never played an mgs game before mgs4, morsel.

you think the mgs universe is your ally, but you merely adopted it. i was born in it. molded by it.

Wilbur

Banned
Mangala story doesn't ring true. I'm not gonna allow myself to get in a tizzy regarding transfers. Netherlands will be out of the tournament soon anyway.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I literally just started watching season one yesterday, first two episodes were good.
Yeah it's not a bad show. I like Netflex shows because I can watch them at my own pace :3
i bought the ocelot sharade.

what i dont like is the whole paz thing from peace walker. and i dont remember how she became the bad guy in the end of peace walker. i know i finished it but the end is just a giant blur for me lol.

wait, I have to play Peace Walker?! Fuck off Kojami.

GorillaJu

So long as people care enough to like it, then yes. And there are people that care enough to like such products as Transformers, Mrs Brown's Boys, PS Vita, and more.

This isn't really similar to the case of MGS, because those movies (PS Vita is a consumer product and not a piece of art/entertainment) aren't legitimized by a large group of critics.

Some art is critically adored and still hated by large groups of people who "just don't get it", like say Jackson Pollock, and then there is of course Rothko who is loved by nearly everyone, critics and general public included (The Last of Us?). Either way, both Rothko and Pollock are considered some of the greatest artists of the 1900s. Transformers is panned across the board for being garbage. People may defend it, but it's not at all like MGS's situation because MGS is largely loved by critics, and has analyses and critiques at a level that goes much deeper than any other game I've seen.

you are talking to me like i've never played an mgs game before mgs4, morsel.

you think the mgs universe is your ally, but you merely adopted it. i was born in it. molded by it.

Just drop the credibility angle. I'm 30. My generation is Generation MGS.

Went to see the Spain - El Salvador game over the weekend,

Spain's lack of punch should be #1 concern for Del Bosque, Pedro was lost and was unable to control the simplest of passes. Cesc was abysmal. Silva + Cazorla gave the team a faster more fluid style of play that countered the defensive approach set up by Albert Roca.

Was a decent friendly, but after Bolivia's test and now ESA, Spain imo doesnt look good.

L1NETT

Yeah it's not that MGS is over written wanky, stupid nonsense created by a nutter who believes in some Alex Jones fueled paranoia future and is so far up it's own bum it is claiming second home expenses.

It's that I don't get it

Gotcha

<3 you really. I just don't really like the "you don't get it" criticism. So easy yet means nothing

soz m8

At least England and Holland go out at the same time. Failure bros.

These doom merchants

Have you not seen our defence. Not many wingers in the world can get past Glen Johnson

1's gameplay is truly awful looking back on it. Some of the battles are just random shooting without having a clue what you are aiming at.

I want a full remake with MGS4's camera.

GorillaJu

I actually prefer MGS1&2's limited gameplay :p

They're all products of their generations. You may prefer MGS1&2's gameplay, but you could never release a AAA game on the PS360 with mechanics that simple and expect anyone to take you seriously.

I mean MGS2 is my favorite. Just saying, you can't hold MGS4's expanded systems against it. It could only ever get bigger.

Salvadora

Went to see the Spain - El Salvador game over the weekend,

Spain's lack of punch should be #1 concern for Del Bosque, Pedro was lost and was unable to control the simplest of passes. Cesc was abysmal. Silva + Cazorla gave the team a faster more fluid style of play that countered the defensive approach set up by Albert Roca.

Was a decent friendly, but after Bolivia's test and now ESA, Spain imo doesnt look good.
Costa, presuming he's fit, should go some way to alleviating that problem.

Don't think I can take watching Spain again if they play like they did at Euro 2012.

It's too much.

Zabojnik

Jesus Christ.

That MGS trailer.

Wow.

Day Zero.

Everything always goes back to zero.

Zab. DC. Wooden. Bla. Are you ready.

I just preordered it.

As Wooden said, need a PS4 first. I count on winning one this week.

Big Boss's ponytail LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

So boss.

That was the worst MGS E3 trailer of all time.

The story looks so fucking gash compared to previous games. Who are all these weird characters. Why does Big Boss have horns. This storyline should've ended, it feels like a spinoff.

Agreed. Not a great trailer

Yeah, it's not a great trailer. At all. Most of my hype for the game stems from the positive GZ reception. Well, and the fact that we're finally getting a new MGS. YES KOJIMA.

MGS always was crap anyway

You are crap. Your country too.

sohois

This isn't really similar to the case of MGS, because those movies (PS Vita is a consumer product and not a piece of art/entertainment) aren't legitimized by a large group of critics.

Some art is critically adored and still hated by large groups of people who "just don't get it", like say Jackson Pollock, and then there is of course Rothko who is loved by nearly everyone, critics and general public included (The Last of Us?). Either way, both Rothko and Pollock are considered some of the greatest artists of the 1900s. Transformers is panned across the board for being garbage. People may defend it, but it's not at all like MGS's situation because MGS is largely loved by critics, and has analyses and critiques at a level that goes much deeper than any other game I've seen.

I don't think highlighting that MGS is beloved by critics is really much of a point in this case given that videogame criticism is universally fucking garbage.

Furthermore, if one were wondering about the volume of interest that MGS attracts, it is surely most likely down to the fact that it is simply more interesting that most other video games.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
They're all products of their generations. You may prefer MGS1&2's gameplay, but you could never release a AAA game on the PS360 with mechanics that simple and expect anyone to take you seriously.

I mean MGS2 is my favorite. Just saying, you can't hold MGS4's expanded systems against it. It could only ever get bigger.

Touche.

and it all led to GZ's perfect gameplay in the end! I can't wait till 2015 :(

GorillaJu

Yeah it's not that MGS is over written wanky, stupid nonsense created by a nutter who believes in some Alex Jones fueled paranoia future and is so far up it's own bum it is claiming second home expenses.

It's that I don't get it

Gotcha

<3 you really. I just don't really like the "you don't get it" criticism. So easy yet means nothing

I never said that anyone who doesn't like MGS "doesn't get it". I was saying that that's the line people use facetiously to dismiss abstract art that they don't understand why is so loved/appreciated, not to be directly analogous to MGS... It'd be pretty obtuse to put MGS onto the same pedestal as Jackson Pollock :lol.

That's pretty much it. It's not like we are blind to the insipid story and how everything can be explained with nanomachines but there are TONS to love about the games. It's just fun and ludicrously packed full with little secrets. As a 29 year old, MGS is my Halo/Gears of War equivalent.

Blablurn

That's pretty much it. It's not like we are blind to the insipid story and how everything can be explained with nanomachines but there are TONS to love about the games. It's just fun and ludicrously packed full with little secrets. As a 29 year old, MGS is my Halo/Gears of War equivalent.

<3

GorillaJu

Some of these adult humans actually grew up without ever having an NES with the neon red light gun. They never had Zelda cereal, and their first video game ever wasn't Super Mario Bros. It makes me feel decrepit when people say they were too young to have enjoyed FF6, or even FF7.

dc89

To coincide with MGS V's release I'm gonna grow my hair longer and (try) and grow my beard so I look as close to Big Boss as possible.

Some of these adult humans actually grew up without ever having an NES with the neon red light gun. They never had Zelda cereal, and their first video game ever wasn't Super Mario Bros. It makes me feel decrepit when people say they were too young to have enjoyed FF6, or even FF7.
I guess that's why the current graphic whores on NeoGAF irks me. You're annoyed because of a few aliased wires? Well back on the PSX nearly all games had texture warping. And we still HAD FUN. Jesus.

And man. Tetris, FF6 and Super Mario is still the shit.

Scum

Odd <3

Japanese games suck anyway

There should be an OldGAF OT where we celebrate not having to give a shit about console wars, current celeb craze and talk about Werther's Originals and grey pubes instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom