• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

I don't think that Warrior shirt would look that bad if the sleeves were blue and not white.

iiua15MM00Hgw.png

iiua15MM00Hgw.png

iiua15MM00Hgw.png

ieWQRwVFXk29S.png

Warrior needs to be cleansed from this planet.

Zabojnik

The perfect scenario

Bring me Drogba, Gabbiadini and Mimmo

Makes too much sense - although I'd prefer someone like Morata (or Sanchez, lol) over Drogba - so it won't happen.

Why do Juve want Gabbi over Berrardi and Immobile????

Ehhh, it's not like we prefer one over another. At least I don't think so. It's more of a matter of opportunity and timing, imo.

Berardi - apparently Conte doesn't think he's ready for Juve and maybe he has a point there, but that only makes sense if we're planning to compensate by buying someone like Cuadrado (or Nani, lol?). If we don't, if we stick with Isla and Pepe's cadaver, then we deserve nothing next season.

Immobile - the player doesn't like us very much, feels like we've snubbed him years ago and generally treated him as a bargaining chip of the lowest denomination for far too long. Can't say I blame him. Other than that, I don't really know. Maybe Conte doesn't rate him enough? Or at all? Dunno.

Gabbiadini - After Immobile, he's the "youngster" with the biggest amount of Serie A experience in our stable. The potential is there and I guess we don't want to repeat the same mistake - if a mistake it was - we made with Immobile. Looks like he'll get a proper chance at Juve.

Linius

Jaap Stam is going to manage our reserves next season.

8cbQQUi.png

Sources say that Seedorfs failure benefited us because Stam was set to go to Milan and assist Seedorf there.

Vard

Suarez's passing is generally the worse part of his game. He quite often over hits, under hits and misplaces passes. He's not a 'ball retention forward' either for players to play off. Sturridge is better than him in this aspect.
Think you're making him seem worse at it than he really is though - he was 2nd in assists only behind Gerrard. Sturridge is better at ball retention and pass accuracy though and I think it partly has to do with Suarez more often opting for the more difficult/risky but more rewarding pass.

Makes too much sense - although I'd prefer someone like Morata (or Sanchez, lol) over Drogba - so it won't happen.

Ehhh, it's not like we prefer one over another. At least I don't think so. It's more of a matter of opportunity and timing, imo.

Berardi - apparently Conte doesn't think he's ready for Juve and maybe he has a point there, but that only makes sense if we're planning to compensate by buying someone like Cuadrado (or Nani, lol?). If we don't, then we deserve nothing next season.

Immobile - the player doesn't like us very much, feels like we've snubbed him years ago and generally treated him as a bargaining chip of the lowest denomination. Can't say I blame him. Other than that, I don't really know. Maybe Conte doesn't rate him enough? Or at all? Dunno.

Gabbiadini - After Immobile, he's the "youngster" with the biggest amount of Serie A experience in our stable. The potential is there and I guess we don't want to repeat the same mistake - if a mistake it was - we made with Immobile. Looks like he'll get a proper chance at Juve.

I had read last week that Berardi or Gabbiadini would be coming and that gabbi was the favourite. I haven't watched much of Samp, but Gabbi never really impressed me. With three titles in a row now the time is right to Berardi, especially if Conte wants to play a front three. I would personally love to see Tevez and Immobile up front together, That would be a killer combo. I am sure Dortmund want to get any deal done before the World Cup, but I hope Immobile has a beast of a time out there and proves he can do it on the big stage and Juve reconsider their options.

Jaap Stam is going to manage our reserves next season.

http://i.imgur.com/8cbQQUi.png[img]

Sources say that Seedorfs failure benefited us because Stam was set to go to Milan and assist Seedorf there.[/QUOTE]
Pretty much that's what happened with Stam, Crespo and Davids. Back in January it looked like those three would've signed with us this Summer, but having a new coach means that we're no longer interested in them.

I have to say, I miss that bald head. The thing I remember the most about him was "if we concede during the second half, I'll break your legs". That was during Milan-Manchester United in 2005, needless to say, we didn't even came close to concede a shot.

Linius

Pretty much that's what happened with Stam, Crespo and Davids. Back in January it looked like those three would've signed with us this Summer, but having a new coach means that we're no longer interested in them.

I have to say, I miss that bald head. The thing I remember the most about him was "if we concede during the second half, I'll break your legs". That was during Milan-Manchester United in 2005, needless to say, we didn't even came close to concede a shot.

Yeah, it's great he's staying with us. I'm sure he's a good influence on our young defenders.

Zabojnik

I would personally love to see Tevez and Immobile up front together, That would be a killer combo. I am sure Dortmund want to get any deal done before the World Cup, but I hope Immobile has a beast of a time out there and proves he can do it on the big stage and Juve reconsider their options.

Sadly, I don't think that's in the cards. I think we've already decided to sell him, since the deal with Dortmund will bring in a guaranteed 10M€, which isn't something that can be said for Quags, Vucinic and Giovinco. Who know how it'll go with those three, especially since we're likely to exile them to other Serie A clubs.

I kinda agree on Gabbiadini, but eh, as a fifth striker, sure, why not. He's impressed me in a couple of matches, so who knows, might be a late-ish bloomer. It's not like Immobile shined at Genoa last season (5 goals in 38 games), although he did have that amazing breakthrough season with Pescara in Serie B the year before (27 goals in 37 games). Something Gabbiadini doesn't have on his resume.

Barzul

I never finished GTA V. The frame rate killed it for me, especially in water. The wait for a next-gen/PC version has been almost unbearable.

Linius

I never finished GTA V. The frame rate killed it for me, especially in water. The wait for a next-gen/PC version has been almost unbearable.

Has been? I suppose you're still waiting mate.

It was a great game and I had tons of fun with it. I'm sure if you sport a high end PC it's gonna be a blast with shiny new graphics.

Hixx

Quite impressed with the Xbox One tbh. Genuinely glad I got a Kinect with it too, the voice stuff is actually quite handy.

Watch Dogs is so weird, graphically. Night time looks amazing but the day time stuff genuinely looks like a (slightly) higher res version of a last-gen game.

The rumble in the triggers is annoying. The bumper buttons are even worse than they were on the 360 pad. I didn't mind them on it but on the Xbox One pad they are MINGING.

L1NETT

Quite impressed with the Xbox One tbh. Genuinely glad I got a Kinect with it too, the voice stuff is actually quite handy.

Watch Dogs is so weird, graphically. Night time looks amazing but the day time stuff genuinely looks like a (slightly) higher res version of a last-gen game.

The rumble in the triggers is annoying. The bumper buttons are even worse than they were on the 360 pad. I didn't mind them on it but on the Xbox One pad they are MINGING.

Is the party system still as broken as Diaby

GQman2121

Banned

How far did you make it? The first leap into the ocean is about 10% of the overall game.

The frame rate is unfortunate, but I didn't find it to be so bad that it deterred me from seeing the game out. In fact, it's in my top ten list now. I really loved it.

The supporting cast (Lamar) and the family dynamic of Michael was really well done. Despite the frame rate, the visuals are pretty damn solid and really amazing in spots. The game also got away from the biggest issue I've had with pretty much all of Rock Stars games--outside of Bully and Vice City--in that the lead characters all knew who they were, and didn't pretend they wanted to be something else.

I still play the online mode a few times a week and will definitely buy the PS4 version if it's announced at e3.

Hixx

Is the party system still as broken as Diaby

idk. I still don't even really know how the friends list changes work!

Can't use my USB headset either, which is annoying.

And the controller isn't rechargeable which is a fucking shitter.

GQman2121

Banned

Thought those PC on ultra images that Dennis uploaded looked really good. The game sounds bland though and the Giant Bomb quick look didn't do anything for me.

Yen

Ryan McLaughlin is going to be capped by Northern Ireland on Friday against Uruguay. Thought he would've held out for ROI.

LTWheels

idk. I still don't even really know how the friends list changes work!

Can't use my USB headset either, which is annoying.

And the controller isn't rechargeable which is a fucking shitter.

The friends list is pretty much twitter.

It's just followers.

Add me, I'm just LTWheels on xbox.

L1NETT

Paul Gascgoine's greatest moments.

That video from Hixx
The Raoul Moat plea
"

Gazza is both hilarious and tragic at the same time though

Some choice quotes from the Moat thing

“Fishing helped me when I’ve been in a bad place and I must have thought it’d be the same for him.”

“I’d been drinking and saw the Moat story flash up on the news," Gascoigne continued. "Without thinking I decided I needed to go and help him.

“I thought, ‘Moaty won’t shoot me, I’m good friends with him’. I thought I knew him, but I’d been drinking.”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom