• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Carbonox

Quite impressed with the Xbox One tbh. Genuinely glad I got a Kinect with it too, the voice stuff is actually quite handy.

Watch Dogs is so weird, graphically. Night time looks amazing but the day time stuff genuinely looks like a (slightly) higher res version of a last-gen game.

The rumble in the triggers is annoying. The bumper buttons are even worse than they were on the 360 pad. I didn't mind them on it but on the Xbox One pad they are MINGING.

This is spot on. Night time + Pissing down with rain and all the water effects kick in = looks next gen. I noticed it also looks fantastic during sunset/sunrise as well. Any other time of day or when you're driving it looks fucking shit. :lol

Definitely an odd game. So much fun though.

Barzul

How far did you make it? The first leap into the ocean is about 10% of the overall game.

The frame rate is unfortunate, but I didn't find it to be so bad that it deterred me from seeing the game out. In fact, it's in my top ten list now. I really loved it.

The supporting cast (Lamar) and the family dynamic of Michael was really well done. Despite the frame rate, the visuals are pretty damn solid and really amazing in spots. The game also got away from the biggest issue I've had with pretty much all of Rock Stars games--outside of Bully and Vice City--in that the lead characters all knew who they were, and didn't pretend they wanted to be something else.

I still play the online mode a few times a week and will definitely buy the PS4 version if it's announced at e3.

I made it to the ship heist, I don't know how close I came to beating it. I just couldn't keep playing that submarine portion. Yuck. It's one thing if the framerate stayed at a steady 30, but it kept dipping under quite frequently.

Meier

|OT23| dad told me don't leave no more

751.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I'm pretty good at understanding Brits but I can't tell what's being said. Is it something like "Aww, dad told me don't leave no more"?

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

this is way funnier than the video

Meier stop being so American

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Watch dogs is incredibly plain for a next gen game that had an extra 6 months of development, I had no expectations going into this, didnt buy into the hype at all, bought it because it was cheap and I love open world games and im still disappointed.

Barzul

Watch dogs is incredibly plain for a next gen game that had an extra 6 months of development, I had no expectations going into this, didnt buy into the hype at all, bought it because it was cheap and I love open world games and im still disappointed.

And it's reactions like this keeping me from buying it. There's such a drought in games. Unless Sunset overdrive ends up being a summer title, can't see anything else till Destiny.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
And it's reactions like this keeping me from buying it. There's such a drought in games. Unless Sunset overdrive ends up being a summer title, can't see anything else till Destiny.

I dont get how a game in development this long, with extra development is this bereft of ideas, and the driving is horrible.

I dont get how a game in development this long, with extra development is this bereft of ideas, and the driving is horrible.

What I believe happened is that they realised six months ago that they had overestimated the next gen consoles and WD ran like shite. Cue six months of downgrading the game to make it playable et voila.

Jarnet87

It's Ubisoft. The first game in the series is supposed to be mediocre, and then they improve upon it with sequel after sequel. That's their hook. Watch Dogs 4 will be solid, as will the offshoot Watch Dogs game set in some time period like Fuedal Japan, Revolutionary France, maybe Pirates, or even da Future. I've never been a Ubisoft fan btw, if you couldn't tell lol. At least Valiant Hearts looks awesom, but I stay far away from their AAA titles.

GQman2121

Banned
The driving in Watch Dogs looks looser than Sleeping Dogs. Is that accurate for those who have played both? Overall, I think Sleeping is a solid game, but the driving is rubbish.

I loved the driving in GTA IV and think V is a step backwards, but I understand why they did it. Both games are a good mix of sim and arcade though.

Mr Cola

The driving in Watch Dogs looks looser than Sleeping Dogs. Is that accurate for those who have played both? Overall, I think Sleeping is a solid game, but the driving is rubbish.

I loved the driving in GTA IV and think V is a step backwards, but I understand why they did it. Both games are a good mix of sim and arcade though.

Its worse than sleeping, loose is a good way to describe it, cars just drift more, there are some cars which feel undrivable. It makes the relentless number of chase missions a pain in the fucking ass.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Anyone who follows Serie A know much about Isla from Juve and Estigarribia from Sampdoria?
WHOSE ALT ARE YOU

I CAN SMELL IT

Who do you support? Isla is shit both on and off the pitch and Estigarribia is only shit on the pitch. They're both not good enough for top ambitious sides.

Timurid

Guys, I found out today that my dad is cured from Leukemia. Now he has to get that stupid hickman line out of his chest.

Parma lost their appeal what a great day!!!!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Guys, I found out today that my dad is cured from Leukemia. Now he has to get that stupid hickman line out of his chest.

Parma lost their appeal what a great day!!!!
YES TIMMY'S DAD ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

He must be a Juventino then. Do what's right Timmy

We are waiting for you

Feorax

The guy who broke the Moreno to Liverpool story yesterday has said that apparently we're ending our pursuit of Lallana to go after Griezmann.

Not sure if that's genuine interest or whether we're just trying to force the player's hand.

Meier

England U19's concede in the 95th min meaning they'll miss the Euros

Lol

WOOF! That is brutal.

Fantastic news!

The guy who broke the Moreno to Liverpool story yesterday has said that apparently we're ending our pursuit of Lallana to go after Griezmann.

Not sure if that's genuine interest or whether we're just trying to force the player's hand.

Certainly a better prospect. Whether or not he's currently better (I think he is, but it's kind of irrelevant), if they cost roughly the same price and one is 5 years younger and of a similar skill level, it's a pretty easy call. I'll be disappointed if City miss out on Alberto and Shaw. If so, we need to go HAM on Rodriguez.

L1NETT

Cobra is gonna win. How though dunno

And everyone knows the definition of a sport is something you have to change your shoes in order to do

That's textbook come on

England U19's concede in the 95th min meaning they'll miss the Euros

Lol

Calum Chambers pls

Congrats Timurid.

The two are such a completely different type of footballer though. Lallana is exactly what you need as his close control will help you break down the large number of parked buses you'll be facing next season. Griezmann is more the type to get on the end of things. He's an intelligent mover and a good finisher, but may struggle if you don't have enough creativity around him.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much

Adam Lallana | Welcome to Tottenham

Feorax

Twitter has just exploded saying we've signed Rickie Lambert.

I don't even... wut?

Also, great news Timurd, glad to hear it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom