• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |ot22| Financial Fair Play? Je ne comprends pas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvadora

We couldn't handle the occasion. It he tried to do that a second time after the players prepared for it, we'd have taken the game easily.
Eh, don't know about that. Let's not forget that Chelsea themselves were missing quite a few first team players and will in all probability go into next season with more "Mourinho" players. You might get a result the second time around, but I'm not sure why you would be confident about it.

il_570xN.459710204_cr47.jpg
il_570xN.459717983_hmqs.jpg

Itv showing a documentary about Giggs as manager next week. Behind the scenes camera footage etc.

Think the original plan was just to follow him as player/coach but then he got the managers job for the month.

Should be good.

Yen

Watching the 1970 World Cup Official Film. Not sure if they are good or bad. The 1940s British narrator ("The Swedes, who have abolished capital punishment, probably wish they had made an exception for Spiegler), the music (often like early Pink Floyd), comedy sound effects, shots of the crowd, odd editing all makes for an unusual watch.

It was great. Steve Bleasdale walking out just before a game and Ron Atkinson having the job title of "football troubleshooter"

Bleasdale has obtained both the UEFA A and Pro licences, which makes him one of the highest qualified coaches in the English football pyramid outside of the Premier League.[3]

Man, am I busy these days.

Congrats Madridistas.
Did we already sign Immobile?
Is bayern already dead?

/edit
England training in warm clothing to get used to Brazilian heat, which makes a lot of sense imho:
TKB0sBX.jpg

But why train tackling, lol? Is Rooney too fat to train normally?
zIiC608.jpg

Walshy

Watching the 1970 World Cup Official Film. Not sure if they are good or bad. The 1940s British narrator ("The Swedes, who have abolished capital punishment, probably wish they had made an exception for Spiegler), the music (often like early Pink Floyd), comedy sound effects, shots of the crowd, odd editing all makes for an unusual watch.
BBC2 had the 1954 World Cup film last Sunday, sounds the same format for the 1970 film. Puskas was some player, that Hungarian side was pretty special.

imagine if we got them all
We probably won't as it's Ayre, but it would be a great summer if we did.

Fabiański joining Swansea surely means that Vorm is leaving, hopefully we can get him as a second choice keeper too.

BBC2 had the 1954 World Cup film last Sunday, sounds the same format for the 1970 film. Puskas was some player, that Hungarian side was pretty special.

We probably won't as it's Ayre, but it would be a great summer if we did.

Fabiański joining Swansea surely means that Vorm is leaving, hopefully we can get him as a second choice keeper too.

You've got to wonder how many of them he can fit on the back of his motorbike.

Laws about football I never knew before:

According to the Coventry Telegraph, Coventry City could get compensation if Cyrus Christie joins an MLS club in America.

New York Redbulls, Toronto and DC United were being touted as three clubs who could be interested in Christie for whom City would receive compensation if he moved to a British club.

There had been claims that such payments do not apply abroad but according to the Coventry Telegraph: "City would be faced with two possible scenarios with regards to remuneration for his services.

If he signed the contract in the UK compensation could be agreed voluntarily between the two parties and if they couldn’t reach agreement it would go to a Football League tribunal.

A second, less favourable, option would be if the contract was signed outside the UK, in which case the compensation claim would go FIFA arbitration which would almost certainly result in less money being paid out."

pulga

Banned
You have to think Perez and Benzema have something going on.

I genuinely dont buy this 'absolute favorite' beeswax anymore. People mostly say this because Perez payed a visit to Benzema at his home way back when he bought him, surely that bs doesn't mean anything anymore. Perez is a businessman, and in business there is no room for sentimentality. Suarez >>>> Benzema and Perez surely knows this.

I never rated Benzema but he is the perfect striker for this Madrid team. What is important with Bale and Cristiano on the flanks is his link-up play and passing which is sublime.

Im sure Suarez's linkup play and passing is as good if not better. His dribbling and lethality are also much better than Benzema's. To take a step forward, we need Suarez.

LTWheels

I genuinely dont buy this 'absolute favorite' beeswax anymore. People mostly say this because Perez payed a visit to Benzema at his home way back when he bought him, surely that bs doesn't mean anything anymore. Perez is a businessman, and in business there is no room for sentimentality. Suarez >>>> Benzema and Perez surely knows this.

Im sure Suarez's linkup play and passing is as good if not better. His dribbling and lethality are also much better than Benzema's. To take a step forward, we need Suarez.

Suarez's passing is generally the worse part of his game. He quite often over hits, under hits and misplaces passes. He's not a 'ball retention forward' either for players to play off. Sturridge is better than him in this aspect.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Todays could be the day, say the newspapers. Apparently we're okay with 20M€, as expected from Marry, Torino not quite as much, but they'll get there. A matter of days, at most, I reckon.
We're both playing Dortmund.

A classic good cop and bad cop routine

pulga

Banned
Suarez's passing is generally the worse part of his game. He quite often over hits, under hits and misplaces passes. He's not a 'ball retention forward' either for players to play off. Sturridge is better than him in this aspect.

are you saying we should buy Sturridge

or is this some jedi mind trick to deter us from Suarez :p

Why are we leaving Berardi with Sassuolo for another year. WHY. I DON'T WANT TO UNDERSTAND.

Todays could be the day, say the newspapers. Apparently we're okay with 20M€, as expected from Marry, Torino not quite as much, but they'll get there. A matter of days, at most, I reckon.

It is ridiculous that of the three biggest co-ownership players Juve own they will turn down the top scorer of the league and the 19 year old who scored 16 goals and instead go with Gabbiadini an potentialy sign a 33 year old Drogba. This club is so clueless when it comes to forwards for the last decade.

GorillaJu

I think Benzema's play and passing is better than Suarez, except in the counter attack. Suarez hits some brilliant long balls when we're on the break.

pulga

Banned
I think Benzema's play and passing is better than Suarez, except in the counter attack. Suarez hits some brilliant long balls when we're on the break.

Im really surprised to hear this, handul of times Ive watched Liverpool he seemed fantastic at it. Of course you guys would know better.

also, SmashGAF is even scarier than here.

ikDvk0hkMsSAE.gif

Feorax

@SkySportsPeteO: David de Gea says he has been doing all he can to talk Cesc Fabregas into joining him at Manchester United. #MUFC

Quality player, but still makes no sense as a signing for United.

Be like us spending the money to bring in a player like Costa or Lewandowski.

GorillaJu

Im really surprised to hear this, handul of times Ive watched Liverpool he seemed fantastic at it. Of course you guys would know better.

ikDvk0hkMsSAE.gif

He's hot and cold with build-up play. When we're hitting on the break, he's brilliant, and when he's got the ball in the box he can do anything. But if there's one part of his game I wish he'd improve, it's his tendency to waste possession at times when we need to keep the ball. He over-hits passes too often for comfort.

I think Rodgers would prefer a more reliable striker, but Suarez's movement and finishing abilities are so good that he'll always be a starter so long as he's a Liverpool player.

L1NETT

Quality player, but still makes no sense as a signing for United

But that makes...

Huh

What

If you are suggesting that Mata and Kagawa already will his space, then firstly he's better than both. And secondly he isn't a classic number 10. Centre of the park is where i'd play him and United and crying out for someone there.

I don't think anyone in world makes more sense than Fabregas, if (huge if obvs) they can get him

Good, good.
Dunno if playing us will net you much more in transfer fees, hehe. I'm sure Zorc will just leave the table at some point. At least I hope so (and that he learned from the Mikhi transfer).

Zabojnik

Vucinic will leave & Juve won't exercise their option to sign Osvaldo from Southampton & perhaps Giovinco could leave the club. [SKY]

Only Tevez & Llorente will stay at Juventus for next season. Quagliarella will leave & has offers from Parma, Sampdoria & Lazio. [SKY]

ibv7SZ9gL8K3Xv.gif

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Vucinic will leave & Juve won't exercise their option to sign Osvaldo from Southampton & perhaps Giovinco could leave the club. [SKY]

Only Tevez & Llorente will stay at Juventus for next season. Quagliarella will leave & has offers from Parma, Sampdoria & Lazio. [SKY]

ibv7SZ9gL8K3Xv.gif
The perfect scenario

Bring me Drogba, Gabbiadini and Mimmo

TeddyBoy

Bascombe is reporting we've submitted bids for Monero, Emre Can, Shaqiri, Lallana and Lovern.

All good players who will be at least competing for a starting place in our team should be sign them. Only a little suspicious that we're trying to sign Shaqiri and Lallana, I'll try to make a full list of our two teams later on if we sign all these players (our Cup team and Premier League team).

No mention of Vorm? I would of though with Fabianski joining Swansea the Vorm to Liverpool rumours would become more plausible.

ikDvk0hkMsSAE.gif

This is terrifying. Why would you do this?

Zabojnik

Good, good.
Dunno if playing us will net you much more in transfer fees, hehe. I'm sure Zorc will just leave the table at some point. At least I hope so (and that he learned from the Mikhi transfer).

Nah, don't worry. Marry is the very definition of an incompetent seller. Brought in some great players for next to no money over the past few years, but when it comes to selling, he's a total pussy. Dortmund's got this.

ibv7SZ9gL8K3Xv.gif

Time to do a completely retarded Juve move and re-sign Luca Toni.

Jarnet87

Quality player, but still makes no sense as a signing for United.

Fabregas makes a lot of sense. He's a quality midfielder, and we have none. Don't even talk about strikers to United. A whisper could make it a reality with old Ferguson still around.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom