• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

Bit far to say he had a good game but he wasn't anywhere near as bad as most people have been making out. I'd argue the only dreadful performer was Johnson.

1315849047_chuck_norris_punching.gif

Shut your mouth, you ignorant slut.

punch.gif

Rooney was shit, and Seedorf is a fecalpheliac.

WJD

Johnson was mediocre, Rooney was average with 1 flash of brilliance and 2 flashes of massive incompetence.

The only genuinely poor player was Baines.

And Baines. People seem happy to ignore that Rooney set up the goal.

I don't think Baines was all that bad, considering he was left completely alone with 2 players so many times. It was going to go wrong at some time. He sure as fuck wasn't good, but the defending wasn't all his fault.

Should probably have taken Cole though lol

Also Wilbur please remember that world cup thread is not this thread. That kind of posts is what creates #rapeculture

Also think I probably agree with Wooden on this one.

arkon

I was more disappointed with Baines' attacking play. I don't remember one good delivery from him. Either from open play or set pieces.

Marc

Mexico are getting into great positions but are being way too impatient. Brazil look content to get a draw to be honest, probably not wrong.

Did they just show that same girl again, she isn't even fit.

Marc

I was more disappointed with Baines' attacking play. I don't remember one good delivery from him. Either from open play or set pieces.

He almost scored a freekick and Rooney's terrible miss from his favourite position was from a Baines pass from what I remember.

Mostly though he was having to cover the entire left wing with 2 players against him, that's a lot of space. I would argue he should have grown a pair and told Rooney to do his job, or picked a guy and stuck with it come what may. Kind of tried to do both jobs and ended up failing at both.

I wonder if Luiz is being told he can take freekicks, or he just does it. Why would Mourinho, Benitez, RDM and Scolari all allow this.

Reminds me of Ronaldo. Gets carte blanche to take all of them because he scored a couple of them 2 years ago, even when there are more effective takers on the pitch

arkon

He almost scored a freekick and Rooney's terrible miss from his favourite position was from a Baines pass from what I remember.

Mostly though he was having to cover the entire left wing with 2 players against him, that's a lot of space. I would argue he should have grown a pair and told Rooney to do his job, or picked a guy and stuck with it come what may. Kind of tried to do both jobs and ended up failing at both.

I almost made some tea today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom