• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Sign him anyway.

If it was up to me, I'd sign him in a heartbeat, no matter what the cost. He's better than every other player on our team besides maybe Ozil, but they're so different. He'd perfectly fit into our system and he'd give us a real goalscoring threat from out wide that has been missing since Walcott was injured. If these rumors of Atletico wanting Santi are true, Reus would be the perfect replacement. Of course, I'm just some dude who supports Arsenal, so what do I know?

I'll have to remember to come back and check this post in the morning as I'm sure I'll get a lot of "LOL he'd never join Arsenal" from UK / German GAF. I think Arsenal actually putting up the money would be the bigger deterrent that Reus' actual desire to play for us.

Barzul

If it was up to me, I'd sign him in a heartbeat, no matter what the cost. He's better than every other player on our team besides maybe Ozil, but they're so different. He'd perfectly fit into our system and he'd give us a real goalscoring threat from out wide that has been missing since Walcott was injured. If these rumors of Atletico wanting Santi are true, Reus would be the perfect replacement. Of course, I'm just some dude who supports Arsenal, so what do I know?

I'll have to remember to come back and check this post in the morning as I'm sure I'll get a lot of "LOL he'd never join Arsenal" from UK / German GAF. I think Arsenal actually putting up the money would be the bigger deterrent that Reus' actual desire to play for us.
I would think agreeing a fee with Dortmund would the biggest problem. I'm sure Reus would have no problem playing for us.

Lightning

Banned

I doubt his injury has anything to do with it. We were bidding for Draxler despite him being injured and out for most of February and still bid for him. He didn't come but our intention wasn't effected by his injury.

omgkitty

I would think agreeing a fee with Dortmund would the biggest problem. I'm sure Reus would have no problem playing for us.

Plus people have said Reus has a release clause for next season that I think is in the 30 to 35m range. If we wanted him now, he'd easily probably cost more than Ozil. I'd say it'd take us 40 to 50m to get him now, and I would think Wenger would see the cost on top of his injury as a bit iffy. You never know how a player will recover.

I doubt his injury has anything to do with it. We were bidding for Draxler despite him being injured and out for most of February and still bid for him. He didn't come but our intention wasn't effected by his injury.

I completely forgot about that, so maybe ignore what I said haha. I wouldn't be surprised if all this Reus talk is bullshit anyways. It's easy to see that Arsene is an admirer, and making up a story like this is easy.

Abraxas

BqXYuS8IEAEHeMz.jpg

GRATE. CHEESE. ON. DEM. PECS!

hiroshawn

Banned
"The Arsenal manager has always maintained the same diet as his players, and follows a serious physical training regime too, so it is little surprise to see that he remains in good health."

I'm impressed.

BqXYuS8IEAEHeMz.jpg

Probity

Maybe I was a bit wrong to ask about this thread. Terrifying place when there isn't any football.
Looks like a lot of fun.

Linius

Looks like we're in for a bitch fight with those Dinamo Zagreb cunts. The Robert Muric transfer is already a lot of fun. He better be worth it. But pissing off Zagreb is totally fine of course.

Barzul

That USA "I believe that we will win" chant makes me lol every time I hear just because of how ridiculous the premise is. Like they can't actually believe that can they?

GorillaJu

I side with Cliffy on this for sure. We're all making the same complaints in here—that gaming side is a minefield of stupidity. Just the way that people can't discuss a game's weaknesses without hyperbolic slander is enough to keep me away but, it goes much deeper than that.

I don't think I'd ever visit Gaf if I were a developer at a big studio. You'd have to have ironclad self-assurance to be able to read that kind of unfiltered asshattery and not let it get to your conscience.

I side with Cliffy on this for sure. We're all making the same complaints in here—that gaming side is a minefield of stupidity. Just the way that people can't discuss a game's weaknesses without hyperbolic slander is enough to keep me away but, it goes much deeper than that.

I don't think I'd ever visit Gaf if I were a developer at a big studio. You'd have to have ironclad self-assurance to be able to read that kind of unfiltered asshattery and not let it get to your conscience.

Gaming side is an abomination for sure, but there are very few places and people you can actually talk to about games who are mature enough to have a solid discussions and arguments without sounding like children or like Cliff says, cunts.

Even here, people still side with PCs and consoles, some are even genuine about it. Worryingly so.

Just bought my third network adaptor to try and sort this fucking internet connection out. Gone for a USB adaptor.

Seems that the wireless keyboard has been fucking it up as well for some reason, though that might just be a coincidence

I don't understand why the laptop, PS3, PS4, 3DS, phone and PSP can pick up my wifi in my bedroom properly, but not the PC with a double-antenna, £30 network adaptor

Made all the more annoying by Windows 8 failing to recognise when it's gone down, so when I try Troubleshooting it just says that I'm connected

Abraxas

FA Cup>World Cup.

I'm enjoying the WC plenty for scouting opportunities. Dat Daley Blind/ Aurier conundrum.

ulkkMFg.png

The major objective of Arsenal was to sign Marco Reus, an already difficult signing, but his ankle injury means he won't leave Dortmund.

Please god, Please. Please.

Probity

It would be the first Souls game I don't buy then

England too

stop aruging about Rooney, Roy and formations guys. Just pack it up and go home, the show is over.

I wish England was good. It would make games much more interesting to watch.

dc89

Fixtures announced at 9am.

City v United on the opening day. Pls. I want LvG to realise he has walked into hell on earth.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
I wish England was good. It would make games much more interesting to watch.

Me too <3

but is there ANYTHING better than seeing the English complain and shit on their national team? It's a guilty pleasure :p

but rest assured, they'll still finish above Italy.

Probity

Me too <3

but is there ANYTHING better than seeing the English complain and shit on their national team? It's a guilty pleasure :p

but rest assured, they'll still finish above Italy.

I can only dream.
Just hearing the name Italy makes me mad at this point.
German Kryptonite.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fixtures announced at 9am.

City v United on the opening day. Pls. I want LvG to realise he has walked into hell on earth.

Hell :lol

Hell is supposed to be packed with sinners and Interisti, the Etihad will be more akin to a post-apocalyptic wasteland

waste.jpg

that Zombie is Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti

and LvG is coming for his worm-infested head

giphy-2.gif

I can only dream.
Just hearing the name Italy makes me mad at this point.
German Kryptonite.
I don't blame you ;P oh and welcome to the thread man!

pulga

Banned

ulkkMFg.png

The major objective of Arsenal was to sign Marco Reus, an already difficult signing, but his ankle injury means he won't leave Dortmund.

Please god, Please. Please.

pls tell me you understand what the tweet says or are you only muppeting because it says arsenal and reus in the same sentence?

it pretty much says reus leaving bvb at this point is a no go

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
2,w=650,c=0.bild.jpg

Ribery looks like a broken man lol.

And the guy next to him is smoking a joint. Good company.

He's done.

Forget the pot (which is cool you cunt), read the cap on his lap :lol :lol

Okay Wilbur sent you my number.

My gf likes to use my phone sometimes, so I look forward to having that awkward convo with her explaining why a bunch of dudes are sending me pics of dicks & buttholes all day.

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE! You're already dead.

Salazar

Pretty sure Reus will have his pick of the world's clubs when he goes.

Arsenal's best chance of getting him involves chloroform.

Probity

Hell :lol

Hell is supposed to be packed with sinners and Interisti, the Etihad will be more akin to a post-apocalyptic wasteland

waste.jpg

that Zombie is Manuel Luis Pellegrini Ripamonti

and LvG is coming for his worm-infested head

giphy-2.gif

I don't blame you ;P oh and welcome to the thread man!

Thanks, this is turning out to be a good first impression. Even that odd bit earlier made me laugh at the least. Not a mistake so far.

Pretty sure Reus will have his pick of the world's clubs when he goes.

Arsenal's best chance of getting him involves chloroform.

Why does everyone want Reus to leave? He is great at Dortmund, and he likes it. Literally his home club and his favorite as a kid. I think he should stay and set an example for all the other great players that keep leaving poor Dortmund. (I realize I like Bayern but I don't like stealing Lewa and Götze either way.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom