• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Van Persie's grandfather:

BqaHqizCYAAjfAL.png

Planking is so 2000-and-late.

Pachimari

I'm really worried about Cristiano Ronaldo. If he doesn't stop playing this Summer, it could severally worsen his injury and keep him sidelined for months.

I do understand why he would want to play for his country through. I'm just worried.

And wait, Xavi have gotten the okay to leave? Wow, losing Valdes, Puyol, Cesc and Xavi in one summer, and Thiago last year.

Muntari extended his contract to June 2016.

That's ... good? I don't know anymore.

Galliani is such a forward-looking genius.

It's really sad that Muntari is one of our best midfielders and that this is probably a good thing considering how little effort Galliani is putting into signing new, competent midfielders. I just hope Essien leaves.

pulga

Banned
Check out the Neogaf as a plot point in a book thread. Im dying.

clG35q9.png

KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif
KuGsj.gif

motherfucker even aped my troglodyte insult
LLShC.gif

Scum

I'm really worried about Cristiano Ronaldo. If he doesn't stop playing this Summer, it could severally worsen his injury and keep him sidelined for months.

I do understand why he would want to play for his country through. I'm just worried.

And wait, Xavi have gotten the okay to leave? Wow, losing Valdes, Puyol, Cesc and Xavi in one summer, and Thiago last year.

It was stupid of Barca to lose Thiago, but Xavi lost it about two seasons ago, Puyol's injuries slowed him down and Cesc was bang average last season. Valdes did have a great last season before his injury though.

Time to get the replacements in.

Reminds me of our 2012 summer, when Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Seedorf, Thiago and Ibra left.

Galliani is such a forward-looking genius.

It's really sad that Muntari is one of our best midfielders and that this is probably a good thing considering how little effort Galliani is putting into signing new, competent midfielders. I just hope Essien leaves.
Our best midfielders are Muntari and De Jong. If I told this to myself 7 years ago, I would've laughed for days. I like De Jong more than Muntari (not that he's the worst player ever. He has some good matches during the season, nothing worth like 2m per season though), but we really need a regista. Also, I don't want to see Honda there (apparently some journos think it's a viable option), I don't think he'd be much better than Cristante.
The worst part is that we'll probably have to wait until the WC is over, which is when Galliani will try to sign some midfielder from Cameroon or South Korea and label him "the next Boateng".

Wait, we follow a reasonable home fixture with visits to the Etihad and White Hart Lane? I'd only checked the first round.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Scum

Wait, we follow a reasonable home fixture with visits to the Etihad and White Hart Lane? I'd only checked the first round.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

It's a fix. Look at Man Utd's first 6 games.

Swansea (H), Sunderland (A), Burnley (A), QPR (H), Leicester (A), West Ham (H)

Meh.

Razor554

Reminds me of our 2012 summer, when Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Seedorf, Thiago and Ibra left.

Thiago Silva and Ibra were massive losses to Milan though. Losing Xavi who has been in decline since 2010 is not major blow, depending who we replace him with of course.

Meier

City's early season schedule is pretty tough. We basically play all the biggies at least once in the first two and a half months or so. Liverpool at home in week 2 followed shortly thereafter by Arsenal away and Chelsea at home in weeks 4 and 5.

Our first promoted team is QPR in November.

City's early season schedule is pretty tough. We basically play all the biggies at least once in the first two and a half months or so. Liverpool at home in week 2 followed by Arsenal away and Chelsea at home in weeks 4 and 5.

Tough, but great.

2 home games, with the away being against the top 4 team with the weakest home record (I think)

Gives you a great chance to put points between you and them/us early in the season

TeddyBoy

We got three points from these three fixtures last season, so there's some room for an early improvement from last year for us at least :p

Jack cw

You could see the first impact of his injury when he nailed that free kick right into the one man wall.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Oh wow we got a good opening to the season, fantastic, truly everything has come up roses since we outed Moyes, may he rest in peace. Really just hit me though that we dont have any European football to look forward to :(

Buy some fuckers now Woodward, or show some interest, just do something you incompetent cock

Oh wow we got a good opening to the season, fantastic, truly everything has come up roses since we outed Moyes, may he rest in peace. Really just hit me though that we dont have any European football to look forward to :(

Buy some fuckers now Woodward, or show some interest, just do something you incompetent cock

Sold Buttner m8

What more do you want?

Thiago Silva and Ibra were massive losses to Milan though. Losing Xavi who has been in decline since 2010 is not major blow, depending who we replace him with of course.

I meant it under the psychological effect on the rest of the team, losing 3 club legends (plus Thiago and Cesc) in one summer could be tough if they aren't replaced by quality players.

m8 Billy Knot is going to tear you lot a new one

You got a goalkeeper yet? :p

I didn't say who would get the 3 points. I just said they would be easy.

As for a goalkeeper, we are probably just going to promote from within. Lee Burge has been the back up goalkeeper for a while and this is probably the season where we will see if he can step up to the senior level.

You got a goalkeeper yet?

Zabojnik

Christ, this Berardi story is a neverending one. He'll join Juve, he'll stay at Sassuolo, he'll join Juve, no wait, he's staying at Sassuolo ... Thankfully it has to be resolved in two days. I'm surprised that we're allegedly pushing hard for him to join us immediately, after having decided - again, allegedly - to leave him to cook for another year. I guess it means what we've always known. We have no chance whatsoever of signing Sanchez.

Christ, this Berardi story is a neverending one. He'll join Juve, he'll stay at Sassuolo, he'll join Juve, no wait, he's staying at Sassuolo ... Thankfully it has to be resolved in two days. I'm surprised that we're allegedly pushing hard for him to join us immediately, after having decided - again, allegedly - to leave him to cook for another year. I guess it means what we've always known. We have no chance whatsoever of signing Sanchez.

Bring him. Love him. Nurture him. Assist him.

He's leaving you m8. No future in Serie A

Yurt

il capo silenzioso

kQYAmWw.gif

and Lazio wants 40 million for Candreva and 18 for LOLic, what a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom