• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Costa doesn't fit tiki taka at all lol

Alonso keeping up this world cup tradition of Real Madrid players costing their country.

Yeah, it's annoying me that people are ripping him so much. He would have been great in the Brazil side, does everything Fred is in the team to do but carries a goal threat and moves fantastically too. He'll be fine at Chelsea.

Wilbur

Banned
End of an era.

Best national team I have seen in my lifetime.

Its ova.

Eh, only by default maybe. They've never excited me like Barca did for the first few years. I can't remember seeing very many amazing Spain performances in terms of entertainment. Against Italy in the 2012 final I guess.

Marc

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

@Marc...sauce for what?

Like chips and things like that, I like to dip my food... weird habit of mine. Should probably just make it myself.

Yen - I can't actually hear him to be honest, I have taken to putting the volume down this WC, all the co-commentators are shite.

Yeah, it's annoying me that people are ripping him so much.

Oh man if you think anything here is bad... I went to the chelsea forums (hey they are good for Chelsea news) and they were already talking about how Chelsea should not buy Costa after the last match... Went there yesterday again after the Belgium match and now all those babbies that had been crying about giving Lukaku a try, were saying Chelsea should sell him too. Football fans are so fickle.

rodvik

Yeah, it's annoying me that people are ripping him so much. He would have been great in the Brazil side, does everything Fred is in the team to do but carries a goal threat and moves fantastically too. He'll be fine at Chelsea.

Somewhat irritatingly Brazil produces better English style center forwards than England.

wedward

Eh, only by default maybe. They've never excited me like Barca did for the first few years. I can't remember seeing very many amazing Spain performances in terms of entertainment. Against Italy in the 2012 final I guess.

You must have high standards for international teams.

Not to mention I don't really think entertainment has much to do with it. They were pretty damn dominant from 2008 to 2012.

Wilbur

Banned
Oh man if you think anything here is bad... I went to the chelsea forums (hey they are good for Chelsea news) and they were already talking about how Chelsea should not buy Costa after the last match... Went there yesterday again after the Belgium match and now all those babbies that had been crying about giving Lukaku a try, were saying Chelsea should sell him too. Football fans are so fickle.

Haha, I can imagine. Single team centric forums, I can't stand them. No one is impartial.

I actually love Costa. I think he's brilliant, but like many players he works better in some systems. Honestly think he'll be superb at Chelsea, he's a Mou striker (which Shevchenko and Torres et al just aren't). Such a cunt too, but he's not like Busquets where he's a sneaky cunt, or like barton where he's a cunt that isn't great. He's a cunt and he's talented. Brilliant.

L1NETT

Like chips and things like that, I like to dip my food... weird habit of mine. Should probably just make it myself.

If it's just for random stuff I dunno about many universal healthy sauces

But a vinegeratte is super easy to make (and healthy). Vinegar+salt+mustard(if you want)+olive oil+herbs

bjaelke

Guillermo Ochoa’s agent Jorge Berlanga has confirmed that he is in talks with Barcelona over the possible signature of the former Ajaccio goalkeeper, who’s preference is to remain in France.

3 new keepers in the same transfer window?

Meier

No Gif yet? SMH

Sunhi did one of the goal:

untitled-88pof9.gif

Wilbur

Banned
Vidal is a million times better than Ramires and mentioning them in the same sentence sickens me

You must have high standards for international teams.

Not to mention I don't really think entertainment has much to do with it. They were pretty damn dominant from 2008 to 2012.

Yeah, hence why I said by default. They are the greatest in my lifetime because they've won three in a row. I can't remember ever being enamoured with them like I was in Pep's first two seasons at Barca though.

Lightning

Banned
How they controlled games and just gave the opposition nothing was amazing. They were not the direct goal scoring threat of a Germany but they controlled the shit out of the opposition better than say Germany. Not as pleasing on the eye but great discipline to strangle opposition.

rodvik

Oi! Del Boy bosque!

Doing it wrong mate.

Two banks of four, keep it tight at the back. Knock it long to the big man or bang it into the mixer from out wide son!

L1NETT

I don't watch him week in week out but Pedro is not having a good one

What exactly does he bring to a side. Doesn't seem particularly quick, produce much in the final third and or have good ball retention

Wilbur

Banned
How they controlled games and just gave the opposition nothing was amazing. They were not the direct goal scoring threat of a Germany but they controlled the shit out of the opposition better than say Germany. Not as pleasing on the eye but great discipline to strangle opposition.

Yeah, I do understand it, and they are obviously fantastic. But for me, they've always been boring. I won't remember them fondly. This Barca team - who I think are dire to watch a lot of the time - are also responsible for the single greatest team performance I've ever seen in that 5-0 v Madrid. That was extraordinary. I've never felt like that watching Spain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom