• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

He says that everyone laughing at his salt is an event rat, but he's never in this thread to follow club football.

salt

salt

I recognize his name from here, but I think he's a Madrid fan despite the German user name. Probably made a handful of posts at most.

Scum

There's not only a lack of quality there is also a lack of organisation and discipline.

The second Suarez goal is probably the most embarrassing goal of the tournament so far (not including keeper errors), a side that is well-drilled should never concede that kind of goal. We don't do the basics right and until we do it doesn't matter how much time Roy spends training Welbeck to be a LW, Sterling a CAM, Gerrard a DM etc.

Make the team solid first and go from there, that's what Chile, Mexico, Costa Rica etc have done.
Keeper -> bounce -> touch -> touch -> goal

Can't even do the basics.

Suen

lol studio here saying England is a good team but not a world winning team. Christ, they aren't even a good fucking team. Just stop.

EmiPrime

Robbie Savage must be friends with someone high up at the BBC or has blackmail material on them. He's bad enough on 5 Live and MOTD but as a commentator... wow.

lol studio here saying England is a good team but not a world winning team. Christ, they aren't even a good fucking team. Just stop.

We're a group of decent players with 2 or 3 good players and 2 or 3 genuinely poor ones

Unfortunately Sturridge and Cahill are the only players of a standard and age where I would trust them to put in a performance worthy of an international footballer.

Then put that lot under a proper shite manager, and you get knocked out before the final group game

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I dont know how Rooney can consider himself truly world class missing the chances he did this tournament

Slizz

So Cahill is legit now? Why do I remember tons of people shitting on him these last couple of seasons?

I've always liked him, just how I like
Evans

Scum

We're a group of decent players with 2 or 3 good players and 2 or 3 genuinely poor ones

Unfortunately Sturridge and Cahill are the only players of a standard and age where I would trust them to put in a performance worthy of an international footballer.

Then put that lot under a proper shite manager, and you get knocked out before the final group game
Pulis would have this mob at the QFs, no problems.

I dont know how Rooney can consider himself truly world class missing the chances he did this tournament

There's no fucking way he's world class. The only position in which he has a record of being properly good is pure number 9, and then you have Suarez, Ibrahimovic, Van Persie, Lewandowski, Falcao and Aguero who are definitely better, and probably Costa, Cavani, Higuain, Dzeko, maybe Mandzukic, Benzema and Sturridge

No fucking way.

Meier

Wooden, since that thread is fucking flying..

I'm mostly ambivalent to be honest, but people are just happy to see the teams do well in the face of overwhelming negativity. Without fail, everyone from other confederations talks down upon CONCACAF -- especially those people in CONMEBOL. Oh, CONMEBOL should get more slots, CONCACAF teams won't score a goal, etc.

The US faces a tough challenge in qualifying but typically gets no respect at all. These other teams play hard and they foul hard and the refs frequently overlook it when you're playing on their pitches which are often in tatters. It's refreshing.

Suen

Lots of the European teams have great players, it's nothing that needs to be debated. But great players don't make a great team. I wish the so called experts here would realize this. Sturbridge was decent in the first game. Looked poor in the second one.

Linius

Lots of the European teams have great players, it's nothing that needs to be debated. But great players don't make a great team. I wish the so called experts here would realize this. Sturbridge was decent in the first game. Looked poor in the second one.

You're right. You need Van Gaal to make a good team.

Showed flashes in the second game, was taking up the right positions. Does my head in when he belly flops under the lightest contact though and asks for a free kick

Shooting was bad though, had 3 or so decent opportunities and they all rolled into Muslera's arms, except for the one where he forced a decent save and corner

Blablurn

sH4XlF2.jpg

Marc

So is Woy sacked yet?

I missed the last game and this one's build up, miss any good punditry about England? I have yet to see any so am genuinely curious, pundits have matched England's performance in tribute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom