• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedward

Messi murders teams that open up.

and Argentina were wasting time, in stoppage time, against Iran.

#IranMoralChampions

Easy Wooden. Wasn't criticizing them for playing your favorite brand of football.

Just saying it was impressive that Messi scored with 11 men behind the ball.

Salvadora

Just saying it was impressive that Messi scored with 11 men behind the ball.
Wasn't meaning to take anything away from his goals, they were absolutely undeniably world class.

But, dunno, haven't been impressed with what else I've seen of him. Or Argentina, for that matter.

defel

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Chocolate Orange but its an overrated combination.

Strawberries and Chocolate is the god tier combo.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Regardless of what Messi did hes been boring as fuck to watch the last two games save those two moments, as a neutral now I respect his ability to change the game but I sincerely hope he starts doing things for the other 90 minutes.

Arnie

Don't get me wrong, I love a good Chocolate Orange but its an overrated combination.

Strawberries and Chocolate is the god tier combo.

Aye, strawberries in general just turn me into goo.

This pre-match fucking about is at an all time high. Just kick off.

thaOwner

Regardless of what Messi did hes been boring as fuck to watch the last two games save those two moments, as a neutral now I respect his ability to change the game but I sincerely hope he starts doing things for the other 90 minutes.
Mark of a champion. Be invisible for 90 minutes and still pull a rabbit out of the hat in stoppage time.

LTWheels

Being punished for Hodgson's deficiencies maybe?

I would like to see McClaren eventually manage England again. He's a good coach and it was too early for him to be manager after Sven. Since then he has got much more experience and his managerial skills have improved.

When Cleverley signs for Arsenal, he'll be the only player in their squad who's won the title. They will ask him, Rambo, Jackie, Boss - "Tom, how did you do it?"

Hahaha. Fucking hell it can't be true.

Wilbur

Banned
How jokes is it seeing Suen say the likes of 'undeserved' in that thread when he's probably revelled in Chelsea defending against Bayern and the likes

People always jerk it to the underdog. Fuck Iran. They defended really well but they were boring. Messi doesn't take prisoners.

Timurid

How jokes is it seeing Suen say the likes of 'undeserved' in that thread when he's probably revelled in Chelsea defending against Bayern and the likes

People always jerk it to the underdog. Fuck Iran. They defended really well but they were boring. Messi doesn't take prisoners.

I thought Suen is Iranian?

L1NETT

Probably been posted lots and lots but that Guardian rumour about Arsenal wanting Cleverley and Smalling is ummm.....odd

Not saying it's impossible but it would be fucking odd as anything

King_Moc

Banned
I would like to see McClaren eventually manage England again. He's a good coach and it was too early for him to be manager after Sven. Since then he has got much more experience and his managerial skills have improved.

He's been decent at Derby, for sure. Getting the england job at that point in his career seemed insane to everyone, even at the announcement. Was a massive wtf. Definitely ended up feeling sorry for the guy.

L1NETT

God no

He's a good manager but a) would rather see a younger manager try and mold a team in a certain philosophy (think ya Brendan's, ya Martinez's) and b) don't think an England manager should ever return, especially when he failed so dramatically.

Germany have a pretty tall team. Everyone 6ft plus apart from Gotze and Lahm.

I resisted the Ghostzil joke so hard pls be proud of me.

Suen

I was complaining about Iran being like Chelsea in the first half which is boring shit. The matter of fact is that despite the boring shit tactics they opened up Argentina's defense several times the second half and created much better chances. If anything they were extremely unlucky. They played entertaining and good football in the second half against a team superior to them in terms of player quality and value. Messi deserves the his amazing goal but Argentina does not deserve three points as a team, they deserve one point as much as Iran did. It's not very different to when some of you say, for example, that Madrid didn't deserve to win for playing bad and almost losing against a team that has the same value as Pepe's nostrils and rightfully so. Big teams should prove they are big or else they don't deserve that label, people wouldn't give a fuck then. If they don't live up to their name they deserve to be called out.

Now fuck off you cumstain on a bed sheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom