• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

LTWheels

God no

He's a good manager but a) would rather see a younger manager try and mold a team in a certain philosophy (think ya Brendan's, ya Martinez's) and b) don't think an England manager should ever return, especially when he failed so dramatically.

The thing is, is that we have no young Upcoming English managers. Why would the likes of Martinez or Brendan want to manage England anyway. Also managing an international side is different to club. You don't have week in, week out to develop players like at a couple side.

I'm not saying for him to replace Woy now, see how he progresses. The most successful England manager at the moment is Pardew...which says a lot unless the FA are willing to look at non-English managers.

where? GIF IT WOODEN

Pls. I already did it

wqpyhn.gif

L1NETT

The thing is, is that we have no young Upcoming English managers. Why would the likes of Martinez or Brendan want to manage England anyway. Also managing an international side is different to club. You don't have week in, week out to develop players like at a couple side.

I'm not saying for him to replace Woy now, see how he progresses. The most successful England manager at the moment is Pardew...which says a lot unless the FA are willing to look at non-English managers.

Probably worded that badly;

Firstly never stated Rodgers or Martinez but a manager like them and never said we had to have a English manager. Don't think we need to have some from this country in order to succeed.

I'd rather have a younger manager who can implant a way of playing on the team (which is possible, look at how other countries have changed from tournament to tournament) than an older manager who failed miserably the first team and will have pressure on him the moment results slip.

And there are upcoming English managers, just there are none in the premiership. There happens to be other leagues though.

Neville might be an option a few years down the line, provided he carries on with the England team

Walshy

I don't understand the logic behind England going for a promising young manager. The Euros and World Cup are knockout tournaments, if the FA want to do well in the short term you go for a Benitez or a Hiddink.

In the meantime improve grassroutes and improve the coaching infastructure until a good experienced candidate comes along. It speaks volumes that Roy Hodgson's World Cup record was: W 1 D 1 L 4.

Suen

Khedira is a good tackler, but appalling once he has the ball.
It's like Wooden said. He should stop going forward. Just stay in your zone. The reason I get angry at Khedira is because he tries to score without knowing where the goal is. That said I'd still sell him for the price Moyes wanted him for.

Khedira is a good tackler, but appalling once he has the ball.

Want to trade for Ramires?

I saw this from Marca yesterday

"Of all the central midfielders the Real Madrid coaching staff are considering, Ramires is top of Ancelotti's list. Despite the fact that Mourinho has made it clear the Brazilian midfielder isn't for sale, the Italian coach has asked his club to do what they can."

"As a result, Real Madrid are following the player closely in the world cup. [...] Ancelotti believes Ramires, or a similar player, is vital to strengthen the midfield at Real."

LET IT HAPPEN. and don't be a cunt Mou, let him go pls.

FootballFan

Messi you magnificent GOAT

MESSIIIIIIIII

GOAT

Iran were absolutely brilliant there. So well organised, did their job to a tee. Only a bit of magic from the greatest of all time did them in. Carlos come home.

What a fucking goal by the GOAT.

The way things are going, Brazil and Germany will face each other in semis.

GOAT got this, its 1986 all over again.

Yes mates.

Goat.

Arnie

Jesus fucking christ RAMIRES ?

he's utter poop

I swear Chelsea are doing some fucking mad behind the scenes GAZPROM shit to get other GAZPROM clubs to buy their gash players at a high price to jib FFP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom