• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

Eh Iran were alright. Argentina was pure unadulterated poop, they didn't even make it that hard for Iran to defend for most of the match.

Go back to watching hentai, Wooden.
iO4UTCEKPvu4H.png

Razor554

I personally think it will be a Germany v Brazil final, Muller top scorer and Germany winning it to break the hearts of millions.

So that definitely won't happen.

The way things are going, Brazil and Germany will face each other in semis.

GOAT got this, its 1986 all over again.

Salvadora

Argentina will come undone when they face a heavyweight.

And Messi can be stopped, as we've seen in the past two matches bar brief moments of brilliance.

Tecl0n

I still can't get over it. Why the fuck would continue crossing, against 8 defenders and when they are 5cm taller on average? Sometimes i wonder if the moyes legacy is a good one.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Question of sport is terrible now, holy fuck D:

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Who are the captains?

Dettori Mccoist was my era but some of you grandads probably preferred the Fred Trueman shows

Its Phil Tuffnel and Matt Dawson from the old show but they removed the panel format, got Jason Manford to host :| and its aimed at 12 year olds it seems.

Suen

god the WC thread is unbearable :lol. Messi is shit in the national team. Ronaldo and Messi should just stick to club footy.

Suen

Well at least they had shown to be able to play together the years before, Argentina just looks like the same Argentina yet again.
Agree. Don't look better in any way, look even worse compared to Vuvuzela WC. Disappointed.

A tap in midget, a rat and the Sheikh's lover and they still can't show any good consistent play up front.

Mr Cola

I wonder if they are putting Hansen and Henry together so much because all they do is disagree.

Ostinatto

Can't wait to see Argentina to play against a 442 team (or any other common formation), i can see small teams playing defensively against world champions but Iran played a disgusting 9-0-1. Nigeria will do the same thing against them...

pulga

Banned
Agree. Don't look better in any way, look even worse compared to Vuvuzela WC. Disappointed.

A tap in midget, a rat and the Sheikh's lover and they still can't show any good consistent play up front.

a rat? the sheiks lover? wut? hahaha

Salvadora

But brief moments of brilliance happen every game from him. Who cares if they stop him for 89 minutes.
Well, yeah, but that's not really what I mean.

The brief moments of brilliance have come against the likes of Iran and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Not awful sides, sure, but there are more formidable opponents both offensively and defensively in the tournament.

What will he do against the likes of Per "the immovable object" Mertesacker?

Arnie

Eating a chocolate orange with your feet up whilst watching Thomas Muller play football is one of life's great pleasures.

Mr Cola

Haha this guy on the BBC arguing with the germans

"We are Ghana, we are Africa" "We are the best team in the world"

wedward

Well, yeah, but that's not really what I mean.

The brief moments of brilliance have come against the likes of Iran and Bosnia and Herzegovina. Not awful sides, sure, but there are more formidable opponents both offensively and defensively in the tournament.

What will he do against the likes of Per "the immovable object" Mertesacker?

Probably score another great goal.

Iran had 11 men behind the ball when he scored that goal.

Probably score another great goal.

Iran had 11 men behind the ball when he scored that goal.

BqrGjg5CAAAxQ_K.jpg

All you that doubt Messi are going to be reeling out of complete and utter shock when he wins this World Cup on his own. Those of us who have already accepted it will be sitting serenely enjoying the moment. You're going to miss out.

Wilbur

Banned
Aye, and he will be up against a side who can actually score.

Which means he'll have more space. Stop it. Stop pretending Koscielny is good when he can't get in the team. Stop pretending you won't sell Campbell. Stop pretending Wenger will bring his commentator wit back. Stop pretending you're a thing. Stop.

Salvadora

Course they are going to have 11 men behind the ball against Argentina in the 91st minute :lol.
Which means he'll have more space. Stop it. Stop pretending Koscielny is good when he can't get in the team. Stop pretending you won't sell Campbell. Stop pretending Wenger will bring his commentator wit back. Stop pretending you're a thing. Stop.
That hurt my feelings.

For real.

wedward

Where was Arsenal mentioned?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom