• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

io8b82P96dm7s.gif

Got my money back at least, but was so close to getting pretty decent pay out.

cremino

At least we now know that MLS is at the same level as Liga Zon Sagres

Porto and Benfica have 2/3 portuguese players playing for them and often not even in the starting XI, not much to choose from...Sporting is much better in that regard but that moron of Bento only called up Carvalho

Ronaldo obv isn't fully fit but he's been rubbish so far. And the other thing is whilst his team mates are genuinely just so fucking incredibly stupid it's beyond belief...he doesn't exactly help them. As in when he gets the ball he can do things individually like the cross (which really was magic) but he isn't influencing them in any other way.

And they badly need it.

pulga

Banned
Ronaldo obv isn't fully fit but he's been rubbish so far. And the other thing is whilst his team mates are genuinely just so fucking incredibly stupid it's beyond belief...he doesn't exactly help them. As in when he gets the ball he can do things individually like the cross (which really was magic) but he isn't influencing them in any other way.

And they badly need it.

What a redundant post.

He's rubbish because he's clearly injured. Look at the cross for example. A fit Ronaldo would've galloped down the flank and blasted into the penalty zone. Stop expecting so much from a guy who shouldn't even be playing half an hour, let alone 95 minutes.

Fucking hell why couldn't they have been knocked out today.

Timurid

At the end of the day USA doesn't have enough talent to really make a run for it, but then Portugal got spanked by the Germans, would be nice to see the talented teams play each other.

Pls. You dont need big names to win a tournament. Plus, Portugal were awful in both games and Ronaldo is injured. Why drag him into the knockout rounds and injure himself more?

Meteorain

Can someone confirm for me if Eder is actually a real professional footballer?

Or can they even confirm he's a real person?

This motherfucker makes Altidore look graceful.

cremino

Can someone confirm for me if Eder is actually a real professional footballer?

Or can they even confirm he's a real person?

This motherfucker makes Altidore look graceful.

He plays for Braga, a midtable portuguese team and he's the best they have since Postiga and Almeida are injured and the coach didn't call up Pizzi and Nelson Oliveira

Pennywise

What a redundant post.

He's rubbish because he's clearly injured. Look at the cross for example. A fit Ronaldo would've galloped down the flank and blasted into the penalty zone. Stop expecting so much from a guy who shouldn't even be playing half an hour, let alone 95 minutes.

Fucking hell why couldn't they have been knocked out today.
Yeah, don't forget all the great games Ronaldo always delievers for Portugal.

Jarnet87

He plays for Braga, a midtable portuguese team and he's the best they have since Postiga and Almeida are injured and the coach didn't call up Pizzi and Nelson Oliveira

Postiga and Almeida are also complete trash. Portugal have a had a gaping whole at Striker for multiple tournaments now. Their only hope is some Brazilian wonderkid transfers to a Portuguese team and gets snubbed by Brazil, thus joining Portugal like Deco did.

Suen

Porto and Benfica have 2/3 portuguese players playing for them and often not even in the starting XI, not much to choose from...Sporting is much better in that regard but that moron of Bento only called up Carvalho
Weren't Sporting doing great in the league last season? I'm very surprised to see one one was called. Reminds me of Del Boss and his choice of Atleti players. Teams had already figured out Tiki Tacos so wouldn't you want to try and rely on a more aggressive approach?

I suppose Real Madrid Fans are happy CR7 will get some rest soon..He need it
CR 7 can rest as much as he want. La Decima is achieved. Next season is a season of Bales and Jeses.

cremino

Weren't Sporting doing great in the league last season? I'm very surprised to see one one was called. Reminds me of Del Boss and his choice of Atleti players. Teams had already figured out Tiki Tacos so wouldn't you want to try and rely on a more aggressive approach?

I think Bento preferred experienced players...Some cospiracy theorists say some players were called up over others due to Jorge Mendes influence on the portuguese federation

John Dunbar

correct about everything
random football tactics question, but is there some reason why all ten players aren't in the box when it's the last minute of a game they're leading?

GorillaJu

What a kick in the balls. Oh well, 4 pts is still a strong position to go into the last game. Going to likely be decided on goal difference unless Portugal and Ghana draw.

Elchele

random football tactics question, but is there some reason why all ten players aren't in the box when it's the last minute of a game they're leading?

there can be a reflection and the ball could land outside the box, if there's nobody around marking the rivals, they could have a clean shot to goal that way. Also, you can take advantage of the situation by making a quick counter-attack with the players you left out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom