• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salazar

random football tactics question, but is there some reason why all ten players aren't in the box when it's the last minute of a game they're leading?

More defenders doesn't mean better defending.

You're on your own, you get that fucking ball and you kick the polymer sheath off it.

Someone is standing there with you, you both think the other bloke has got it covered, and boom.

Meier

Eh, a turnover in mid shouldn't result in a goal. He took a bad first touch

The CB's were lost.

You excuse Cameron for shanking a routine clearance in the 5th fucking minute but are going to take Bradley to task for turning over the ball in the 94th.

You lost your head. It's ok. An emotional loss. No need to call him a cunt and a piece of shit.
Bradley's error lead to the latest goal in group stage history and negated a historic win. Bradley literally could have simply booted the ball out of play (let alone back towards Portugal's goal) and the game is almost assuredly over. Their magnitude is not in the same ballpark. What makes me so disappointed is that I even talked him up coming in -- he looked so calm and composed in most all of our games coming in but lost his head when it mattered -- simple stuff you never, ever would expect from a coach's son. He's let me down on a personal level let alone on a national level.

The US have never won a World Cup game where we let the opponent score first and never won when trailing at HT. He's directly culpable for these streaks continuing, let alone preventing our assurance to go through.

wedward

He's let me down on a personal level let alone on a national level.

The US have never won a World Cup game where we let the opponent score first and never won when trailing at HT. He's directly culpable for these streaks continuing, let alone preventing our assurance to go through.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

You can't be serious?

You talk up every fucking player you find in Football Manager. When they fail have they let you down on a personal level also?

Christ.

Tubie

fuck Chelsea, I want Jose Mourinho to do his duty to his country and take over as manager for our national team

You don't know what you're asking for.

It's like making a deal with the devil, sure he will get (some) results short term, but will it be worth all the shit he brings with him and the inevitable shitstorm between him and the media/players.

Also pretty sure he and Ronaldo did not end on the best of terms when he left Real.

3Sixty

you throwing money away while elsk is counting every remaining bean at his disposal SMH

jYlFA8QmH9KAN.png

;)

Jack cw

The USA will never win the WC, except maybe in Qatar when no one gives a shit and doesn't turn up.
Of course they wont but I like their enthusiasm and I dont think that many people would have thought that USA could deliver performances like this in their group. Germany has a hard match upcoming.

pulga

Banned
Of course they wont but I like their enthusiasm and I dont think that many people would have thought that USA could deliver performances like this in their group. Germany has a hard match upcoming.

god i cant wait for the match, if only for the inane posts. you just know someone is gonna get banned for some stupid ww2 reference

Lightning

Banned
Beating France's C team shouldn't be an impossible task. If I were you though I'd worry about your team peaking too early...again.
Beat or draw with Chile and we shouldn't face any top 8 teams until the semis. Fate is in our hands. In Van Gaal and RVP we trust...

Don't be a greedy fuck this time Robben. Greedy Bayern fucker!

Salazar

On the way to his final footballing destination of Swaziland?

Lad won the lottery by even coming to the attention of MUFC. Let alone getting games for us at any level. Let alone playing more than a few times for the first team.

He is so Eredivisie it hurts.

Lightning

Banned
Robben has been Holland's best player so far. You should be genuflecting in front of him, Lightning.
Indeed but Robben has a bad habit of trying to be a glory hog and hero when teamwork and simple pass can yeild a better result.

I get frustrated at Robben because I know he can be such a great player and our tournament depends on him and RVP.

Indeed but Robben has a bad habit of trying to be a glory hog and hero when teamwork and simple pass can yeild a better result.

I get frustrated at Robben because I know he can be such a great player and our tournament depends on him and RVP.
Robben has gotten much better over the years in that regard. Robben would be the last person to worry about in this squad.

I mean, we brought Kuyt for crying out loud.

Jack cw

That's actually a pretty daft post Lighting. That was 3 years ago maybe. He learned his lessons and 2013 and 2014 were incredible years for him, where he was indeed the hero often but most of his work contributed to the team. Remember the banter about him when Guardiola was announced as Bayern coach 1,5 years ago? He was supposed to be the first first player that was out of the squad. Now he is the most precious after Thiago. Says a lot.

Blablurn

Jack. Did you hear something? For a second I thought I heard fans from some minor teams responding to my last post. But maybe it was just the wind outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom