• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtb

Banned
Lol.

You are the unbelievable cunt.

Even though he's been real bad this tournament so far, I don't hate Bradley; I hate the ESPN media campaign built around him being America's fucking savior and this "world class" player. I fucking hate ESPN and that cunt Twellman. Lalas too.

fuck Ian Darke too.

King_Moc

Banned
I will never give it a rest. That's something that I won't forget for the rest of my life. And I hope he doesn't either.

Yeah, this is pretty sad. There's such a thing as being a sore winner. At least Gerrard isn't a fucking mercenary, like your entire team.

Pennywise

damn, I'm so fucking hungry

I had a banana left but it felt to the floor when I "opened" it :(

I need it to be thrusday already

FearlessAdorableDogwoodclubgall.gif

Elchele

Have you run out of food again? :(

out of money, yes. I have minced meat and rice for two more days, but I'm saving it for lunches
somehow my money ended on the 20 this month. I need to find a way to save more money/cut more expenses

:loooooooooooool

Jerk, cum and sleep. You won't think of food anymore.

Thank me later.

are you kidding me? I can't afford to cum. That's a lot of fluids and food wasted. I have to save it

wedward

Yeah, this is pretty sad. There's such a thing as being a sore winner. At least Gerrard isn't a fucking mercenary, like your entire team.

For a moment I thought you meant the usmnt are mercenaries. And I was angry.

Then I realized you meant City and I agreed.

wedward

Even though he's been real bad this tournament so far, I don't hate Bradley; I hate the ESPN media campaign built around him being America's fucking savior and this "world class" player. I fucking hate ESPN and that cunt Twellman. Lalas too.

fuck Ian Darke too.

He was great for the majority of the game today.

Hixx

out of money, yes. I have minced meat and rice for two more days, but I'm saving it for lunches
somehow my money ended on the 20 this month. I need to find a way to save more money/cut more expenses

:loooooooooooool

are you kidding me? I can't afford to cum. That's a lot of fluids and food wasted. I have to save it

Eat it

Recycle it

bud

elsk i don't know how else to put this so i apologise in advance but

the fact that you're so poor that you don't have any food left cracks me up

jtb

Banned

great is a bit much. he was good, much better than the Ghana game, but that was a bad mistake at the end. also sloppy with possession as the game wore on (but obviously conditions played a big role in that too). so he gets downgraded for that.

Elchele

:lol you crack me up bud

think I'll go to sleep. Croatia vs Mexico is tomorrow right? hnnnggggg

Meier

He was not great. He was acceptable. A 6.5 type performance after a 3 in the Ghana match. The shot that was cleared off the line was just shitty luck but he made a glaring error when he missed feeding Bedoya when he had ACRES of space (randomly trying to force it into the center where all of the defenders were) and he lost his head when the game was on the line and cost us the game and very likely qualification. There is no excuse for it. Zero. None. He's fucked up to a level which is impossible to describe.

Good luck, elsk. 😰

jtb

Banned
He was not great. He was acceptable. A 6.5 type performance after a 3 in the Ghana match. He made a glaring error when he missed feeding Bedoya when he had ACRES of space (randomly trying to force it into the center where all of the defenders were) and he lost his head when the game was on the line and cost us the game and very likely qualification. There is no excuse for it. Zero. None. He's fucked up to a level which is impossible to describe.

don't think he's cost us qualification. still got a good chance to advance. Low and Klinsmann will fix the final match.

also, mistake for the first goal was far more inexcusable imo

valeo

He was not great. He was acceptable. A 6.5 type performance after a 3 in the Ghana match. The shot that was cleared off the line was just shitty luck but he made a glaring error when he missed feeding Bedoya when he had ACRES of space (randomly trying to force it into the center where all of the defenders were) and he lost his head when the game was on the line and cost us the game and very likely qualification. There is no excuse for it. Zero. None. He's fucked up to a level which is impossible to describe.

Good luck, elsk. 😰

Eh, you are still favourites to go through along with Deustchland. Calm down.

Suen

Let's see if you're still laughing about it once you're banned.

Reported.

Meier

don't think he's cost us qualification. still got a good chance to advance. Low and Klinsmann will fix the final match.

also, mistake for the first goal was far more inexcusable imo
Disagree. It was awful and put us on the back foot, but missed clearances aren't out of the ordinary and we were obviously still in a position to rectify it given how early it happened.

I think our players spirits will probably be crushed and Ghana will be invigorated. I expect they will go through.

wedward

Good luck, elsk. ��

Eh, a turnover in mid shouldn't result in a goal. He took a bad first touch

The CB's were lost.

You excuse Cameron for shanking a routine clearance in the 5th fucking minute but are going to take Bradley to task for turning over the ball in the 94th.

You lost your head. It's ok. An emotional loss. No need to call him a cunt and a piece of shit.

sneaky77

Disagree. It was awful and put us on the back foot, but missed clearances aren't out of the ordinary and we were obviously still in a position to rectify it given how early it happened.

I think our players spirits will probably be crushed and Ghana will be invigorated. I expect they will go through.

I feel like you may be overreacting a little bit because it was so close to the end, but yes, that was a bad loss of possession, there was one right before were jones fumbled the pass to Bradley also, and a few clearances in the last 10 mins from the defenders that just didn't go anywhere.
Bradley had a pretty good first half, and a decent second, him and Jones specially do a lot of things that they don't really get much credit for, but they held they overran the Portuguese midfield for most of the match imo.

jtb

Banned

it was a routine clearance; defending 101. he wasn't beat by a piece of good skill or anything, the goal was totally self inflicted and handed to Nani on a silver platter.

In the 95th minute, in the brutal conditions—obviously, Bradley can't make that mistake, but I can understand being totally mentally and physically drained by that point. and it still required a quality cross from Ronaldo to finish the job.

Lightning

Banned

Ghana are not beating Portugal. USA don't have much to worry about. It will require the most unlikely of great escapes for Ghana to go through.

Lightning

Banned
Ghana are going to smack Portugal across the face with their BBC.
You're still in fantasy land. Just wait until France face quality opposition and get their asses kicked. Don't worry, you can brace yourself.

Ghana are gone. Their ship has sailed, along with Portugal's.

Yeah I'll be rooting for Portugal for selfish reasons. I mean I'll be rooting for a tie in that game more than anything, but with both teams down in the dumps, a tie is unlikely imho. So I would at least rather Portugal win.

Wilbur

Banned
Damn I wanted Portugal to lose so much, gutted it was the last minute. They'll have a tough time against Ghana anyway, can still see USA qualifying with a loss. They're well capable of beating Belgium too.

K1LLER7

Damn I wanted Portugal to lose so much, gutted it was the last minute. They'll have a tough time against Ghana anyway, can still see USA qualifying with a loss. They're well capable of beating Belgium too.
Belgium need more time together imo. Some quality players throughout the team, but think they'll be better gelled around the Euro's or even next World Cup.

Januzaj should be a starter then too :p

Lightning

Banned
Belgium need more time together imo. Some quality players throughout the team, but think they'll be better gelled around the Euro's or even next World Cup.

Januzaj should be a starter then too :p
Belgium are a strange team but I worry about them defensively. Obviously got a world class goalkeeper but Kompany has been mistake prone last season, Vermaelen is injury and mistake prone, Vertonghen is mistake prone as well. Unless they sort their defence out they won't win much or progress that far.

Wilbur

Banned
Walking back from last bus because I have no money for a cab :lol. I've slept about 7 hours out of the last 72, this is madness. Seems like I missed such a good game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom