• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilbur

Banned
Joey Barton did make a good point about Suarez yesterday. I'd rather be bitten than have my leg broken or suffer an ACL tear.

It's a pointless point though. It's not illegal in itself to make a tackle; even legitimately good ones may unfortunately end up causing injuries.

Biting is not a widely accepted way to deter an attack in a football match like tackling is.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Joey Barton did make a good point about Suarez yesterday. I'd rather be bitten than have my leg broken or suffer an ACL tear.

Sure, okay, fair enough, fine

but a leg breaker is technicallEH part of the game, a horrifically mistimed tackle

a bite isn't.

pulga

Banned
It's a pointless point though. It's not illegal in itself to make a tackle; even legitimately good ones may unfortunately end up causing injuries.

Biting is not a widely accepted way to deter an attack in a football match like tackling is.

did you guys learn the word 'deter' today or something

Yen

He died. Then he was resurrected. Now he's dead again. Did his cruciate twice I think. He's fucked unless he goes to a smaller club with time and space for him to develop, his progression has been set back by two years essentially

Trabzonspor want to sign him. They're his boyhood team.

Apparently we're favourites for his signature because we want to loan him straight back to Lille.

Not to underestimate our scouts, but if we do that, combined with a glance at his wiki, it does seem like we're signing him on the back of a single goal

Hopefully he's just raw (obvsly, he's 19) and our scouts have seen enough of him pre-WC to decide that he has big potential

Barzul

Sure, okay, fair enough, fine

but a leg breaker is technicallEH part of the game, a horrifically mistimed tackle

a bite isn't.

Good points.

Meier

Never heard of him tbh but can spurs please get their own fucking scouts and stop using ours

Origi scored the winner for Belgium the other day. He's talented. Had no caps at all (just turned 19 recently) before Benteke got hurt.. I think most people expected they'd replace Benteke with Batshuayi but obviously Wilmots made the right choice.

Well, that sucks.

Aye

Similar injuries killed Nemeth as well, and an accumulation of injuries have killed Martin Kelly. I'm 99% sure Kelly would have been a fantastic player in our first 11 if not for possessing a skeleton made of lollysticks

Some potential leg-breakers are clearly not attempts to play the ball btw

*ahem*Cacares*ahem*

:p

TeddyBoy

Tony Barrett @TonyBarretTimes
Liverpool are closing in on a deal for Belgium international Divock Origi. Spurs are also interested but Liverpool lead the race.

I wasn't that impressed when I saw him for Belgium, I thought he was quite average. Don't really see the point in this transfer with Lambert, Sturridge and Suarez/his replacement.

Never heard of him tbh but can spurs please get their own fucking scouts and stop using ours

C'mon Shogun, Spurs are playing the same game we are. Buying young exciting players to sell for a profit, it's natural we'll both find a lot of the same players if they are available for a decent price.

He died. Then he was resurrected. Now he's dead again. Did his cruciate twice I think. He's fucked unless he goes to a smaller club with time and space for him to develop, his progression has been set back by two years essentially

I thought he went back to Germany when his contract expired?

pulga

Banned
brukbg.gif

Giroud you dirty clown, this is why you're a bench player

#lifetimeban

Wilbur

Banned
pls stop thinking about food

I did the first step of the NHS's "Couch to 5k" programme today

A brisk 5 minute walk followed by eight courses of 60 second jog/90 second brisk walk, and then another 5 minute walk as a warm down

I'm on the path to normal human size. Love me.

pulga

Banned
I did the first step of the NHS's "Couch to 5k" programme today

A brisk 5 minute walk followed by eight courses of 60 second jog/90 second brisk walk, and then another 5 minute walk as a warm down

I'm on the path to normal human size. Love me.

yeah my grandmother says that programme has really helped her cut down some kilos!

Suen

Honduras is shit.

Arsenal are a bunch of underachieving pecho frios celebrating a worthless trophy as if it means something.

Facts of life. Deal with it.
You celebrated the CDR victory and Bale's involvement in it as if the trophy was filled with your cum. Fuck off you ape.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom