• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.
£40 MILLION!!!!!

ibdapNVucTysF.gif

Then what would you do Wilbur? If you believe he truly is crazy, what should Liverpool?

Should we call him crazy and wash our hands with him, or try to control him and use him as one of the premier leagues best players?

At this point I'd might be best to accept this won't be the last time something like this happens and try and get a good bid (cash plus Sanchez) that might not offer a like-for-like replacement, but one that could take the team forward as a whole without that ticking time-bomb waiting to go off again.

Stubo

United bros, are you happy with £27-31m for Shaw?

It's much better than £40m and he could be our LB for the next 15 years if he fulfils his potential, but I'm still not buying into the hype entirely for such a big spend.

That English player tax.

bobito

Banned
Then what would you do Wilbur? If you believe he truly is crazy, what should Liverpool?

Should we call him crazy and wash our hands with him, or try to control him and use him as one of the premier leagues best players?

Cheers.

I don't know why you are trying to rationalise it.

He has major mental problems, it is clear for anyone to see.

Will Liverpool keep him? Yes

Why? Because he is the primary reason you are in the champions League.

I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

No offense, but Capello is mugging you off with every paycheck you give him. Exact same shite he bought to England, cowardly tactics, atmosphere of a morgue, utterly dull and disappointing experience

Shirokov was too big a miss. There is nobody in the squad who could even come close to replacing him. As is, it is the least creative group of midfielders Russia has ever had. Thankfully it's looking better for 2018 in that regard.

Wilbur

Banned

Cheers.

At least admit he's crazy instead of making excuses.

3Sixty

Love how when the media say a price united fans don't like, it can't be true.

Media say a price they do like and he is ready to be signed.

United fans.

WJD

It's much better than £40m and he could be our LB for the next 15 years if he fulfils his potential, but I'm still not buying into the hype entirely for such a big spend.

That English player tax.

The club is more than happy paying it and he's exceptionally young and exceptionally gifted so I really can't complain. Got no problem keeping a strong core of English players either, so English-tax doesn't bother me if it enables us to maintain that.

Stubo

United fans.
See my post, I'm finding it difficult to get hype.

Very happy to see that we're making movements in the market in general, mind!

Wilbur

Banned
Anyone fancy a game of FIFA(PS4)?

Freewheelin is online right now, do you have his PSN? I think it's just deanibo

That English player tax.

Absolutely. It's a lot of money, but I don't agree with people saying "for a full back?!"

They're as important a cog in a modern team now as anyone; see the use of Alves and Alba in recent years. For 30m, you'd like more of a guarantee for quality, but I think based off the season and a half Shaw has displayed, he'll be worth. He's young and has a lot to learn, but he's good going forward and he's better near his own goal than Evra is now.

Stubo

Absolutely. It's a lot of money, but I don't agree with people saying "for a full back?!"

They're as important a cog in a modern team now as anyone; see the use of Alves and Alba in recent years. For 30m, you'd like more of a guarantee for quality, but I think based off the season and a half Shaw has displayed, he'll be worth. He's young and has a lot to learn, but he's good going forward and he's better near his own goal than Evra is now.
This is basically entirely my concern.

That said anyone who's going to displace Evra from the starting spot in the majority of our games is probably easily worth that much money...

Wilbur

Banned

United fans.

I think it's more to do with the fact that people are reporting a medical is near. I could give two fucks about the fee. Don't really understand the point you're making to be honest.

3Sixty

I think it's more to do with the fact that people are reporting a medical is near. I could give two fucks about the fee. Don't really understand the point you're making to be honest.

I'm saying that because someone has reported a better fee for untied the news is suddenly more believable.

Not saying you guys on here so much, but in general.

Mastadon

Banned
Man U fans, do we know who is responsible for you being able to actually capture your targets?

Woodward clearly isn't an incompetent man. It just took him a while to figure out how it all worked. Having someone like Van Gaal as the manager must have made his job so much easier.

Fintan

No, I'll add him now!

Wilbur

Banned
I'm saying that because someone has reported a better fee for untied the news is suddenly more believable.

Not saying you guys on here so much, but in general.

Oh. I just thought it was more believable because reports of medicals are being posted now :lol, not fees. If it's 30 or 40m at this point, I don't give a shit. I just want dem bodies in. #lifeofagloryhunter

3Sixty

Oh. I just thought it was more believable because reports of medicals are being posted now :lol, not fees. If it's 30 or 40m at this point, I don't give a shit. I just want dem bodies in. #lifeofagloryhunter

I don't have doubts the deal will be done, its just funny seeing "LOL £40M Daily Mirror chatting shit" to "OMG Sky Sources 27m, its happening"

Stubo

What's the latest on Strootman?

GwW6E4h.png

After so long of needing a CM I'd quite like us to sign him and Kroos too so we're super covered.

Meier

Okay, caught up with the thread. Bradley has been unbelievable this tournament. Just utterly shambolic. I've never seen a professional with so many bad touches in a series of games.. I watch and my jaw just drops. If we had a little more depth, I'm sure Klinsmann would bench him for Belgium, but we frankly don't have anyone else who is at the same level as him on their best day so we'll just keep risking it I suppose.

WJD

I don't have doubts the deal will be done, its just funny seeing "LOL £40M Daily Mirror chatting shit" to "OMG Sky Sources 27m, its happening"

It's the Mirror vs BBC Solent. Surely the different reactions are expected? If the BBC were reporting £40 we'd all be like 'shiiiiiit' because it'd probably be true, not the fucking Mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom