• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Zucculini is expected to go out on loan right away. He's only 21 and should get some first team experience in Europe for a year or two and then may be ready to contribute. We're paying very little for him, so worst case scenario is this turns into a shrewd, Chelsea-esque purchase and we make a bit of profit off selling him.

3Sixty

It's the Mirror vs BBC Solent. Surely the different reactions are expected? If the BBC were reporting £40 we'd all be like 'shiiiiiit' because it'd probably be true, not the fucking Mirror.

Solent haven't reported a fee. Just the medical.

The deal may well turn out to be £27m it's just funny seeing the reactions.

Don't united have to report their transfer fee's anyway because of the stock market?

Zucculini is expected to go out on loan right away. He's only 21 and should get some first team experience in Europe for a year or two and then may be ready to contribute. We're paying very little for him, so worst case scenario is this turns into a shrewd, Chelsea-esque purchase and we make a bit of profit off selling him.

Isn't the worst case scenario that you buy him and he's absolutely rubbish?

TeddyBoy

At this point I'd might be best to accept this won't be the last time something like this happens and try and get a good bid (cash plus Sanchez) that might not offer a like-for-like replacement, but one that could take the team forward as a whole without that ticking time-bomb waiting to go off again.

That would be best for for Liverpool, I'm just not sure Barcelona will pay a price acceptable to Liverpool.

I don't know why you are trying to rationalise it.

He has major mental problems, it is clear for anyone to see.

Will Liverpool keep him? Yes

Why? Because he is the primary reason you are in the champions League.

I'm not sure what else there is to discuss.

Because if no one buys him and we keep him we'll need to control him, or he'll do it again. We've got to try and help him, even if it's totally fruitless, he's our best player, highest earner and most valued player so making sure he can play is important to us for our use or someone else's if they decide to buy him.

At least admit he's crazy instead of making excuses.

Fine, he's crazy and needs help. Trying to understand him is the first step to helping him.

WJD

Solent haven't reported a fee. Just the medical.

The deal may well turn out to be £27m it's just funny seeing the reactions.

Don't united have to report their transfer fee's anyway because of the stock market?

It was still the Mirror reporting the £40 thing. I'm not arsed either way and all the excitement from everyone is the fact that a signing looks imminent, not that we're paying £10m less than what the Mirror said. Still struggling to see the funny reactions.

dc89

Yaya was asked about his future with City.

"I'm very angry. I'm very upset" When asked about his future in football:

"We'll see, we'll see."

What a cunt.

Fintan

Still would have played conservative bullshit and he would have been an utter dour pussy in the media

So

Marginally I guess
I guess you also have to factor in that they might have been less interested in joining with Moyes as manager. But then again, didn't stop Mata. Still Man United, I suppose...

Wilbur

Banned
I guess you also have to factor in that they might have been less interested in joining with Moyes as manager. But then again, didn't stop Mata. Still Man United, I suppose...

I can imagine if we got someone like Robben or De Jong though, it would be to work with LVG.

Would RVP have left Arsenal for us if it was Moyeezus instead of Fergie?

Clegg

hmm.. not really sure about him...

we are not going for strootman?
Strootman injured his cruciate in April. Probably best to wait until everyone is certain that he has completely recovered. Think we may go back for him in January or next summer.

Both Herrera and Shaw were willing to move when Moyes was still in charge, so fair play to him for that.

Really great players but he still managed to convince them to join. Deserves credit for that.

Buzzing for dat Rodriguez Rodriguez left flank

Ricardo Rodriguez?

dc89

Can't see him not going DC. Think Fernando catalyses it.

I'm sure we'll get over it. Nothing stops this train. As long as we keep this guy:

CkoOVdV.png

dc89

Me and TC just had a conversation which went like this.

tc: he's worth that (£30m), he's worth that.

me: Worth £160,000 a week?

tc: well he's not worth that.

/ded

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom