• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

Isn't the worst case scenario that you buy him and he's absolutely rubbish?

Well, he hasn't proven to be rubbish yet. It's always a bit hard to gauge a player in the South American leagues, but Racing are not a bad team and he has been a regular for them for 3 seasons now. Even if he ends up completely average, I bet we could find someone who would pay £1.5m for him.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Its all coming up United :|

Can we dream of 4th? Soon.

Telegraph saying Shaw will have his medical tomorrow. Mail say its tonight.

Fear not, VivaITK can clarify.

Luke Shaw medical in the next 48 hours.

SOH.

Yeah but the only other team in were Chelsea right? And they didn't seem willing to pay the transfer fee, hence Felipe Luis.

80k even, but triple figures seems a bit much
Well we obviously tried to offer the least we could. He could have just stayed at Saints for another season too.

Rodgers must have thousands of thoughts racing around his head right now about where we go from here. Wonder if he's talked with FSG already.

We're at a crossroad

Sviat, please remember that we will be here for you after the final round is over. Don't disappear, don't hate, don't cry. No tears, only Fabiolous pasta.
I can't even predict how I'll react. It's been 12 years since our last shameful WC exit. I'm not making any guarantees.

Meier

Still don't understand why we didn't go guns blazing for Shaw. A shame.

Thrilled about the Rony news btw. Their replacement for Origi I'd imagine.

L1NETT

Still don't understand why we didn't go guns blazing for Shaw. A shame.

Thrilled about the Rony news btw. Their replacement for Origi I'd imagine.

Think Shaw would be a waste of money and wages for your mob

He wouldn't improve your team that dramatically considering how much he would cost and his wages which could be better spent elsewhere

Meier

RedManc, Manchester, United Kingdom, 9 minutes ago
How annoying is it that a country where football is their 5th favourite sport are now better than a country where football is like a religion and the most popular sport by far, hate to admit it but USA are now better than England

Delicious.

Think Shaw would be a waste of money and wages for your mob

He wouldn't improve your team that dramatically considering how much he would cost and his wages which could be better spent elsewhere

I think he's better than Clichy in all facets and he still probably would have got a solid 20-30 matches with us this year which is probably all he can expect at United with them keeping Evra. Long term, he'd have been a brilliant buy. Ahh well.

I do think Shaw is moving to early.

I hope he flops.

It's reasonably risky for us tbh. He's only 18. Good as he's been, needs to improve alot still and his progress could just halt. Optimistic though.

Ander is on just £50k. I hope Shaw is nice and buys him his lunch.

Meier

Genuinely think we'd beat you still. Or at least lose on penalties :p

Haha, probably. The US doesn't have the individual talent of England but is a more cohesive team in general. Bradley REALLY needs to get his shit together though.. he makes our engine tick typically and he's been absolutely ghastly during the World Cup. If you told me that we'd go through and he'd look the worst player on the pitch in 2 of 3 games and fuck up and steal a win from us in the other I'd have assumed you were a crazy person.

Wilbur

Banned
Evra has looked really good for France.

100k a week is a lot for a back up left back.

Don't think he will be back up though. He'll start most games. Evra will be the back up. And of course he's on a lot too, but Ashley Cole was Chelsea back up last year innit

No one gave a fuck then

Wonder where Cole is going actually

Stubo

Don't think he will be back up though. He'll start most games. Evra will be the back up. And of course he's on a lot too, but Ashley Cole was Chelsea back up last year innit

No one gave a fuck then

Wonder where Cole is going actually
United, 3rd choice LB.

Why not, Woody is going ham!

Wilbur

Banned
Evra and Cole are both 33 years old. As left backs, how many more years do they have? 2 at max?

Evra is already done at the top level I think; been decent for France but they haven't been tested much.

Wouldn't be surprised to see cole going to America but he played well last year whenever I saw him. Liverpool could do worse than to convince him to come on for a year.

Wilbur

Banned
Very good my man very good although I'm 30 next week which sucks

Loving this World Cup but sad we've got past the group stages - expect cagey ness from here in

It's okay you're at the age now where you start living life to the fullest because you could die any minute.

Agreed on the World Cup; can see a lot of 1-0s from now. Teams like the Swiss and USA will be happy to sit back and try and take the chances they get, but we start with Brazil Chile which should be fun!

wedward

United have spent close to 100m since January. Probably aren't even close to done.

Premier league is going to be cray.

BrFHd6UCEAEBomw.jpg:large

Wenger please.

Wilbur

Banned
Mata was such a weird buy looking back :lol. Needed a left back, a winger, two central midfielders and a centre back and Moyes goes for a number ten

So weird

But yet I am still so happy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom