• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2013/14 |OT23| Goal-Line Technology Saving Football In Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hixx

Waking up with a gut full of anxiety is the worst. Such a weird sense... what a horrible morning.

In somewhat nicer news I received this morning, Don Vito 2 year extension!
p0QHO.gif

Capture_medium.PNG

We loveth the Don, we do.

Linius

If Defour repeats his tackle from yesterday two times more in his career, will he banned for 9 international games and four months?

Luke luke luke luke Shawwww luuuukkkeeee shawwwwwww luke shawwww-awwww-awwww

Where is the official announcement. Why are we waiting why are we waiting?

Is Cowboy Bebop worth a watch, or has it aged badly?

I've never looked into it as I assumed it'd be rubbish because of the name

It's good, but watch until episode 5 before you decide to continue or to bin it. Episode 5 is the real story that has continuation and the same story pops up throughout the series. A lot of the episodes are stand alone and only serve as a tool to get to know the characters.

Feorax

By United too coz they have cock blocked liverpool from signing Lallana.
Southampton really have no reason to sell Lallana and they can be in the controlling position in that negotiation.

They already were.

It changes very little really. We still have to meet a price Southampton are happy with, and I doubt that will be significantly more than it was prior to the Shaw sale. They didn't need to sell before, and they don't now.

By United too coz they have cock blocked liverpool from signing Lallana.
Southampton really have no reason to sell Lallana and they can be in the controlling position in that negotiation.

Seems to me like Southampton were in the controlling position anyway, this Shaw stuff makes no difference at all.

Hixx

First day in a while I actually wish there was football on and it's the first day in two weeks with none on. Typical.

pulga

Banned
According to the 10 articles i read yesterday on how hes one of the best prospects in Spain, extremely. I went from having no idea who he is to full muppet mode in the space of 2 days.

were these reports written by United fans? One of the best prospects looooool hes friggin 25 already

were these reports written by United fans? One of the best prospects looooool hes friggin 25 already

So what? In Football Manager 2014 you can boost a players potential by one star in just a year!

Yes I'm kidding, by the way I played FM yesterday and his potential was set to around 3 1/2 stars

Feorax

If they really didnt need to sell before then why were they letting all their top players talk to other clubs?

Because they were happy to do business with any club that would offer silly money for their players.

Shaw is silly money. Lallana is silly money (if the asking price is met).

If Southampton get £60m for those two, they'd be stupid not to sell, whether they needed to or not. That's a big building block right there towards building a squad that could be around the Europa/Champions League places if invested wisely.

K1LLER7

Cristiano Ronaldo found a 15-year-old boy had broken into his room at Portugal's World Cup base in Brasilia, Brazil, according to a report in Brazil.

Ronaldo is on his way home from the tournament after Portugal's elimination in the group stage. But, as per Globo Esporte (Portuguese, h/t 101 Great Goals) he got a shock to find that a boy by the name of Yago Leal had managed to evade security and reach his room. A photo of Ronaldo as snapped by the boy from the balcony has subsequently gone viral.

Ronaldo, it seems, kept his cool—and allowed the boy to escape without involving the police—but the incident raises questions about security and safety.

As per the English report:

Once inside the room, Leal took a rest on Ronaldo’s bed because, as he said, “he knew he had laid on it”.

Incredibly the teenager was caught in the act by Ronaldo himself, but rather than turning the boy into police for trespass, Ronaldo is said to have told the boy he wouldn’t called the cops, and moreover, he allowed Leal to snap a photo of him as he escaped the exact way he got in.

Wilbur

Banned
holy shit he's in istanbul

hahahahah brilliant

Never would have been interviewed for the job if he hadn't been at United, so we've done him a favour really. Mancini and Moyes in a row, that's absolutely fucking jokes

Hixx

holy shit he's in istanbul

hahahahah brilliant

Never would have been interviewed for the job if he hadn't been at United, so we've done him a favour really. Mancini and Moyes in a row, that's absolutely fucking jokes

van Gaal next season, then.
dPrJaGc.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom